Is anyone interested in some more meaningful discussions?

Talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:10 pm

*sigh* I've watched it before, probably a month or two ago (switched to Fox News). Maybe they changed it, maybe they didn't. When I was watching CNN, most of the shows spun the angle of the coverage when they talked about the war in a 90 (someone killed, etc.) / 10 (something good or worthwile that was going on). Not that all of their shows did that, but a majority did. And if they did talk about something good going on, they would purposely shorten the time (you would see them speed it up, or try to spin it into "people getting killed" angle, kinda like how Nancy Grace was harassing the head juror of the Michael Jackson case for making the "not guilty" decision---if you saw it, you'll know EXACTALLY what I meant by that), and cut to break, then give a good amount of time to who got killed today.

As far as I've seen, Fox News has yet to do any of those "small" nitpickings that peeved me. Hopefully that gives some insight into my look on it. :wink:

WindChildFuko
Hero of the Lufians

Postby WindChildFuko » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:11 am

I see what you are saying now. But the bias of CNN is nothing compared to the bias of Fox. Which is all right, that is why I watched Fahrenheit 9/11. But, I just can't let CNN be criticized by someone who watches Fox News. I have watched it a few times just to make sure I know what I am talking about, and it is less news than political commentary. I really didn't even see much effort to be "fair and balanced."
"God Bless America" doesn't mean "God damn everyone else."

The world is my country and to do good is my religion.

Killing one man is murder. Killing 100,000 men is foreign policy.

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:02 am

True on your side, as well.

Heh...it seems it is hard in this day and age to find a non-biased news channel, eh?

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”