Any Musicians?

Talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

What is the best genre of music?

Classical
13%
World
No votes
Blues
No votes
Classic Rock (50's-70's)
13%
80's Rock (Hair Metal/Arena Rock etc)
13%
Rap
No votes
Country
No votes
Pop
No votes
New Age
No votes
Alternative/Emo/Scene
13%
Bluegrass
No votes
Metal (Speed/Heavy/Doom etc)
13%
Video Game
38%
Orchestra/Symphony
No votes
Other
No votes
I hate music!
No votes

Total votes: 8

Glitched
Soldier

Postby Glitched » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:31 pm

I was going to ask my guitarist to help me with my own remixes. Might be able to convince him :P

Rezic
Knight

Postby Rezic » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:45 pm

HOLY CRAP I just got a fairly amazing idea. What if we did like, a Symphony and Electric Guitar version of the Lufia II Castle theme? (Think Symphony and Metallica, or Yngwie Malmsteen stuff). Thoughts?

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:44 pm

Wrong, it's not the castle theme you want to arrange with that style. It's the boss battle music.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Rezic
Knight

Postby Rezic » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:13 am

The castle theme would be cool to, it's one of the songs that doesn't get redone very often... I think it's one of the most underrated Lufia songs actually...

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:18 pm

Sounds great to me. If we could get anywhere, I'm in. We'd need someone to lead the project though... I'm not very good at that, so would anybody be willing to steer the project a little?

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:04 pm

We need to band many musicians and poets together to create a band I would like to call Cross Aether Orchestra. It's a freelance orchestra made to play arrangements from other pieces of work. It is also a multi-genre band as well.
---DarkMaster2101

Zifanite
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Zifanite » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:37 pm

I can lead many things, but i'm assuming you mean someone who actually knows what they are doing/how to play something.

Rezic
Knight

Postby Rezic » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:08 am

Well, I've heard of this amazing program that has like...really cool. It's a realistic orchestra that you can compose and make stuff online and works like most mixing programs...It's called like, Personal Orchestra or something...I forget. But if anyone has a program like that...Or a like, 400-1000 dollar keyboard, then we could get some really good stuff going.

We could start with something simple... Get like 4 people...3 musicians and a mixer. And try something simple...if it works, then start with bigger stuff. The castle theme seems like a good start.

I could master the song on guitar. I'll do the melody. But I may not be able to do it for a long time, as I don't have any, let alone, good recording equipment... It could take some time, but we really could get an online band going XD.

I may, however, have access to some recording equipment at my church. But it will take some string pulling.

I apologize if I don't make too much sense...I'm exhausted...I just had to watch 20 kids, with only one person to help me... T_T.

Glitched
Soldier

Postby Glitched » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:37 pm

Softsynth plugins for Reason...

Nuff Said.

However. Orchestra's are overrated. But using ssample-based softsynths I could get some sort of an arrangement going.

I agree castle theme is most underrated music in Lufia 2. So I'd be willing to work with you.

ANyway I'll keep checking this thread

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:47 pm

Well, any music can be remade into anything...

I would love to hear an arranged version of any Lufia music right now.
---DarkMaster2101

Lufia_player_2
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lufia_player_2 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:28 am

Well.....I played the French Horn for about 4 years...That's about it :p. Ooh I did play trumpet a little and can play the piano..although I'd like to actually learn to play it instead of diddling.

Rezic
Knight

Postby Rezic » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:07 pm

Well, I got a most splendid gift for Christmas. A RCA DVR (Digital Voice Recorder) Which I can plug the mic jack into the headphone jack of my amplifier and record rather cleanly. Although I would like to get a fuzz eliminator before I record anything that would get published.

Either way, I could learn the song rather quickly I think. I'll start listening and tabbing it out for myself now. Then I will let you all know and probably post it on my youtube account.

Lol, a french horn could be a nice accent for when the horn plays in the song :P. Also if anyone knows of any fuzz eliminating software free for download, I'd love to know. It would expedite the arrival of my arrangement.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”