wow, i think i'm just about done with GameFaqs and their BS

Talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:54 am

Hey Lêi_Trigar,

I glanced over what you wrote and it looks like you made a good case for yourself. I've got an important exam tomorrow afternoon so am lacking in free time right now, but later on in the day I'll read through it properly and see if I can provide some feedback for you. :-)

DarkMaster2101 wrote:Hell, if this continues, then we may as well say screw it and delete all topics not relating to beating Lufia here on Lufia World to follow their example because Gamespot and IGN would do the same.

Thank you Chris for breaking away from Gamespot and letting the forum be on its own again. Now we don't have to worry about corruption about sponsored sites. Once I start my career as a developer you bet your bottom dollar I'll sponsor Lufia forum sites.

No worries. Though to be fair to our previous host (GameSpy), I was never asked to remove content or moderate threads. I've always been happy to allow people to discuss whatever they like, within reason.

It is nice not to have their advertising on the site anymore. I had to replace it with Google ads to cover the cost of hosting (based on figures so far, the site is looking to make a profit of less than £10, so the ads literally cover the costs and little more!), but the Google ads load far more quickly, and as they are text based, are not as invasive.

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:40 pm

hope you'll be able to read it soon, i think i'll have contest it today sometime...
Last edited by Lêi_Trigar on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:07 pm

Lêi_Trigar wrote:hope you'll be able to read it soon, i think i'll have contest it today someday...

It looks good! Two minor suggestions:

1) change "basicly" to "basically"

2) I would drop the last sentence about a witty response... it sounds a little sarcastic, and won't work in your favour to end on.

Good luck!

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:14 pm

Chris wrote:
Lêi_Trigar wrote:hope you'll be able to read it soon, i think i'll have contest it today someday...

It looks good! Two minor suggestions:

1) change "basicly" to "basically"

2) I would drop the last sentence about a witty response... it sounds a little sarcastic, and won't work in your favour to end on.

Good luck!

yeah, my spelling skills are lacking, but i think English is a mess of a language anyway. lol

and i really wasn't going to add that "witty" thing, i was just being... funny. <_<

but thanks! i might slightly change a few minor things but overall it's a true thing that's going on there.

i'm also doing another "test" on GameFaqs right now... i wonder if he'll take the bait.

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:34 pm

Holy crap! my little test worked! YES! ok check this!

remember i said i made that "We are #2" kinda as a joke but it got my "Lufia II Favorite Quotes" deleted. here is the time of my first post;

Lei_Trigar
Posted: 4/23/2009 2:46:27 PM

well, look at the time when i posted my last post in this topic;
<b>http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=588451&topic=49284197</b>

and now look at when my "We are #2" topic got deleted;
4/29 4:21PM Off-Topic Posting Topic Deleted

that's only a little over a half hour difference! this guy is ****ing nuts! it's like i said earlier every time i post something about him, or my topics getting deleted he'd go and delete another one!

now i have more proof. but damn this is annoying...

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Fri May 01, 2009 2:05 am

I'm sorry for double even triple posting... but here's the final version that i used to dispute the moderation:

<i>To whom it may concern,

Allow me to tell you a story about something that happened almost 2 years ago...

I had this topic on the Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals board titled: "For those who played Lufia II first.....". Basically it was a topic about how I felt about the game, how the ending really took me by surprise. Well in time many users (including myself) posted awesome stories about this game; The story, the music, the characters, the gameplay, etc. Then one day I came on only to find it was deleted for "Spoilers". Which I didn't understand, the title said: "For those who played Lufia II first....." meaning for those who played the game already.

Well, I was hurt, all those stories gone... I was considering leaving the board but one day (about less then a week later) this user from GameFaqs IMed me. (NOTE: If you require proof of this conversation we had ask, for i personally saved it for future reference like this). I knew him from the Lufia II boards and I asked if he visited them recently, he said yes, then told me he was the one who marked my topic getting it deleted. I asked him why and he said he was trying to put Lufia to rest and was testing his powers over me. Well after that little chat we had I went to the Lufia II board to tell everyone there what was going now... but within hours he had already marked it and got it deleted for being "Off-Topic". Only a few actually saw the topic. I even posted what was going on in other topics but he'd see that and then mark that topic, getting it deleted. I gave up trying to tell everyone so I just sat in the background, then I noticed he wasn't really doing anything to anyone else. So I started up some other topics like: "Lufia II Favorite Quotes" and "We are #4", and I even posted some fun little games about the game. At that time it was peaceful...

Well about 2 months ago I found out that the user who basically threatened me had closed his account. Surprised I decided to tell my good friends on the board about it. Well shortly after all hell broke lose. Also during that time another user had some topics about this old contest they had years ago about characters from RPGs fighting each other, and that drew some unwanted attention as well. Anyway, the point here is that I assume the user who closed his account obviously made a new one and didn't every much like it when I told everyone about him closing his old account, well he went on a marking spree and nearly all the topics where getting deleted, I called it the "Board Purge". Even my "We are #4" topic got deleted for being "Off-Topic" even though it was clearly about the game play. (The reason I know it was him is because NOTHING was getting deleted UNTIL I posted about his old account being self closed.) Anyway, A lot of people were not very happy with what was going on with all the unjust moderations, and protested. Well, obviously it (since the Mods here seem to think they're gods or something and can do no wrong) didn't solve anything... In fact some users were banned, suspended, and MANY left the board all together. It has been like that ever since...

Well these past weeks I noticed that this game made it into the Best. Game. Ever. contest, only to be put in a suicide match up. Well during that match the board got fairly active with many people showing there support for the game, well the next day the game was #2 in the Top Ten Message Boards. So for laughs I posted: "We are #2" topic saying that this game because of the contest made it into the #2 spot.

Well almost a week later I come here to see that my "Lufia II Favorite Quotes" got deleted for being "Off-Topic". I couldn't believe it. Then I realized that user saw my "We are #2" topic and didn't like it and decided to take down my only surviving topic during that "Board Purge" we had. The topic was almost there for a year. And now he decides to mark it because I made that "We are #2" topic. And don't think its just coincidence, I know this. The topic was there for 2 weeks short of a year and within days of me posting a topic that is titled similar to a previous one, it gets deleted, sorry, but I don't agree with this.

The point of all this you ask? The point is I'm being marked for unjust reasons! No one on the board has any problems with the topics I make. In fact, people enjoyed them. Now I have nothing left there, every topic I've made there where people got either inspired or had fun with are now gone cause of this one user who has a problem with me, and I don't know why, I've never insaulted, made fun of, or even argued with anyone from GameFaqs. It is very wrong. And it needs to stop. Plus your definition of "Off-Topic" is so warped it's not even remotely humorous, just down right dumb.

Now, as far as this topic being "Off-Topic" I say that it's not, you have to PLAY the game in order to read the things the characters say. You have to being playing the game to get to certain points in the game where the characters have to tell you where to go to advance. So how is posting a quote from a character you have to get to by playing the game considered "Off-Topic"?

And one more thing, this is a SNES game, it's not something that just came out last week, the people who go to these boards are people who love the game, want to talk about it, and occasionally get a question from someone who just started the game. I don't see why a board for game that came out 14 years ago should have to face such bizarre restrictions.

This is how I feel, all these moderations I've been getting lately is because of this ONE user, that really has nothing better to do then mark everything I post. In fact, just a couple of days ago I did a little test just to make sure I still can proof this and it worked, if you wish to know what I did ask. Either way this is just not right...</i>

i will post what their response is as soon as it comes in. i'm actually very curious as to what they're going to say...

Foomy
Knight

Postby Foomy » Fri May 01, 2009 2:28 am

It's ok man, forget those gamefaqs fools. Lufia World is the bees knees. I'm sure if anyone tried that here, Chris would ravage their world. You're among friends here.
Don't make me cast you into the fires of oblivion.

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Fri May 01, 2009 9:01 am

It was indeed totally uncalled for, but knowing gf, chances are it's lost forever...

ti83magic here btw Lei ;)

Tony
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/
Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Fri May 01, 2009 2:13 pm

Foomy wrote:It's ok man, forget those gamefaqs fools. Lufia World is the bees knees. I'm sure if anyone tried that here, Chris would ravage their world. You're among friends here.

thanks man! :)

Anthony wrote:It was indeed totally uncalled for, but knowing gf, chances are it's lost forever...

ti83magic here btw Lei Wink

Tony

ha ha, no way. you have the same name as my oldest brother. you should come here more often, it's kinda slow here. lol

well, anyway here's what those idiots said:

<i>A Mod/Admin replied on
5/1/2009 8:36:46 AM
1. SNES boards still adhere to the topicality rule.
2. Social topics/game topics of this nature tend to get deleted.
3. Old moderations are old moderations, and I really fail to see how an old user who you had a board war with is relevant to this dispute.
4. Gameplay discussion is what is supposed to go on in this board.
Upheld.</i>

well apparently they totally failed to see the point. like #3, i never had a board war with this guy, he just kept on marking everything. whatever, i posted one last topic on the Lufia II boards, it'll most likely be the last topic i'll post there.

and i'd really hate to just leave the site all together, i've meet some pretty cool people though out the years there, including some of you here.
oh well, guess i can't really post about things about a game on their own board. *sigh*

thanks for the support guys!

and as far as i know GameFags can suck my left nut! XD

Fleadh Forever!
Villager

Postby Fleadh Forever! » Fri May 01, 2009 4:05 pm

I saw what you did just now on the Gamefaqs board. I can tell it's a test.

Do you want me to post anything there, or just let it sit and see what happens?
Here's my review. THIS is how much I love this game.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/re ... 17699.html

"And on this date, at this very moment, I swear it. I will never love any video game more than I love Lufia II."
--Me, 9/10/2007, in my GameFaqs review of Lufia II

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Fri May 01, 2009 4:12 pm

go ahead and post. after all, it's a topic made to discuss things about the game. and if that is somehow considered "Off-Topic" then well heh... i don't know... it'll be really, really, pathetic.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Fri May 01, 2009 5:42 pm

Hmm... If GameFAQs continue what they're doing you may as well warn the non-Lufia fans as well.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Mon May 18, 2009 8:21 pm

They deleted reli's topic... which I bumped even yesterday...
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/

Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue May 19, 2009 3:50 pm

Which one?
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Tue May 19, 2009 8:24 pm

his last post... i never knew the guy, but i wish i did... damn Gamfaqs... this is unforgivable

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”