So, who else is still alive?

Talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

daoswarrior2033
Red Jelly

Re: So, who else is still alive?

Postby daoswarrior2033 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:20 am

I'm still alive, I think. I been busy helping take care of my baby brother who just turned 1 a few days ago. Also i been playing on my Xbox one too. Glad to see that everyone else is doing okay. I'll be lurking here once in a while, i haven't done much rping since the rp guild i was a part of on Gaia online went dead. I probably never will rp again too.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:52 pm

Heya daoswarrior, long time no see! And congrats with your baby brother :) Hope you're well.

Rucah
Red Jelly

Postby Rucah » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:59 pm

I know that this topic is for long time members calling out to each other, but, because it was probably made to boost activity, I guess I'll share when I may have joined a long time ago.

To be completely honest, I think I had some account a long time ago, but, wasn't very active with it. I can't really remember, not even the name I would have had. Did this forum have an RPG mechanic embedded in it? I remember I joined some forum that had that, and when I was new, someone wanted to fight me, and I was on level 1, and he was on level 3 I think, so I made him buy me weapons and armor first. If that wasn't here, sorry.

When I joined last time, it was certainly before 2012. Probably more like 2005, and I was a dork 16 year old, so, I can't say you'd want to remember me. Anyway, I'm still very happy that there's a Lufia presence online, so, thank you for keeping it up.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:15 am

Rucah wrote:Did this forum have an RPG mechanic embedded in it? I remember I joined some forum that had that, and when I was new, someone wanted to fight me, and I was on level 1, and he was on level 3 I think, so I made him buy me weapons and armor first. If that wasn't here, sorry.

That's right! We used to have an RPG system integrated with the forum software. Unfortunately the developer of the system stopped maintaining it many years ago, and it became incompatible with later versions of phpBB (which we couldn't ignore due to numerous security flaws). :cry:

Rucah
Red Jelly

Postby Rucah » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:32 pm

Ah, so that was here. Nuts, that was a fun little thing, wasn't it?

I think Guard Daos has had the same avatar the entire time, because it's the only other thing I remember about this place, heh.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:49 am

Rucah wrote:Ah, so that was here. Nuts, that was a fun little thing, wasn't it?

I think Guard Daos has had the same avatar the entire time, because it's the only other thing I remember about this place, heh.

Yeah, it was certainly a fun distraction. :-D

If I remember correctly, the RPG software was developed as a phpBB mod by http://www.gaiaonline.com/. But they seem to have moved on from that a long time ago!

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:24 pm

Ah yes, the good old days with the RPG... What could possibly be a greater victory than bringing down the admin of this forum himself.
Say, does anyone know Habitica? It's a site that allows you to make an RPG out of your life to motivate yourself to learn good habits and finish tasks. Pretty cool idea I must say. Basically works the same way the old system made an RPG out of this forum.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:28 am

Guard Daos wrote:Ah yes, the good old days with the RPG... What could possibly be a greater victory than bringing down the admin of this forum himself.
Say, does anyone know Habitica? It's a site that allows you to make an RPG out of your life to motivate yourself to learn good habits and finish tasks. Pretty cool idea I must say. Basically works the same way the old system made an RPG out of this forum.

I'm quite proud of myself for having resisted the temptation to just modify my stats in the database directly. ;-)

Rucah
Red Jelly

Postby Rucah » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:49 am

I'm quite proud of myself for having resisted the temptation to just modify my stats in the database directly. ;-)

Oh man... There's no way I would been able to resist that. One time I set up a forum in which people would be suspended, and their names gone on a sign called "the rack". During that time, they would have been privy to all manner of heckling, abuse, and proverbial vegetable throwing by any willing forum members in the dedicated topic. You were not allowed to complain or ever defend yourself regarding anything said on that topic during your time of racking.

I was just ...kind of a terrible person when I was younger. These days, being an adult is kind of nice, because I'm not so concerned with going out of my way to be a jackass, but, I'm tired all the time.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”