Careers

Talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Chris
Forum Admin

Careers

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:49 pm

Some important exams are coming up for me, and I have begun to think about what I want to do in the future.

I am clueless.

I really don't know what I want to do.

Yes I have some ideas, but that's all. I have no plan for my future at all!

What does everyone else have in mind for their career and future (or if it is already in place... what is it?)

Fire away! :lol:

Sheik
Knight

Postby Sheik » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:15 pm

I'm not positive, but I still a few years to think about it.

I'm really interested in Web Design, maybe a position as an Office Administrator, Office Assistant, or Secretary type of thing. I would love to create video games, but that will probably never happen.

I like anything that involves using Computers or Video Games. Maybe I could get a job working for Nintendo Power, who knows.

zyphr
Hero of the Lufians

Postby zyphr » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:04 pm

i soooooooooooo wand to work for gamespy. that would be an awesome job. if now maby i'll work fo palm writing palm OS software

Nevfangiel
Soldier

Postby Nevfangiel » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:18 pm

No need to rush, Chris! You have some years left before you really have to worry ^^ Besides, some people don't figure out what they really want until they are well into their forties.

I'll be going to college next fall and I'm really not ready at all! So I'm considering taking a year off to just work (I NEED MONEY!) and gather my ideas together. I know I want to become a writer, but that doesn't always bring in money, so I'm considering becoming a chef in the meantime. So, cooking school, here I come!

...and if I don't burn down the school trying to cook something, the better for me XD

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:49 pm

Right now for me...

Microsoft Database Administrator (still enrolled in college for it)

Music

Something with games

Maybe even a teacher :shock:
Fan Fic Character of the hour:

Appears in: Guardians, Sapphire Awakens.

Cervius: A hero to his town. A patient fellow who loves to pull pranks. Cares for his younger brother. However... has a past that he can not forgive himself for.

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:37 am

I'm w/ Nevfangiel in wanting to become a writer, but as for an occupation, I'm clueless right now.....

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:11 am

I guess I still have a bit of time left. Although I do love video games, I might not have a career in them. Perhaps something to do with law, medicine. Psychiatrist? Who knows!

sirjacen

Postby sirjacen » Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:48 pm

I want to become a medieval history professor. I love stories of fantastic matter, so perhaps having teaching some classes on medieval literature, as well as history. I would also love to become a writer. Kind of in the vein of C.S. Lewis and Tolkien...although my skill is no match for theirs.

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:51 pm

sirjacen wrote:I want to become a medieval history professor. I love stories of fantastic matter, so perhaps having teaching some classes on medieval literature, as well as history. I would also love to become a writer. Kind of in the vein of C.S. Lewis and Tolkien...although my skill is no match for theirs.

Sweet, and yeah, I'd love to be a writer/poet/musician... but my skills are no were near any of the best :shock:
Fan Fic Character of the hour:

Appears in: Guardians, Sapphire Awakens.

Cervius: A hero to his town. A patient fellow who loves to pull pranks. Cares for his younger brother. However... has a past that he can not forgive himself for.

Sirjacen
Villager

Postby Sirjacen » Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:26 am

Lucky for us that they don't have to be the best...and that we can improve them...and that even if we don't become like that, or get published, we can still use our talents and live a good life!
There's nothing left to lose
There's nothing left to prove
Surrender your love
It's all you can do

- Skillet, "Savior"

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”