Official Bugs and Features Thread

Talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Test_Thug
Red Jelly

Postby Test_Thug » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:04 pm

Ok, one thing I just learned... it's almost impossible to win with a thug x_X

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:15 pm

Possible Bug/need addressed issues concerning weapons.

Bare Hands/Wooden Stick/Small Knife/Long Knife all hit the same, actually it seems to me that bare hands is a lot more accurate than a Long Knife at this point.

IMO so far, barehands have the upper hand over a level 3 weapon.

Also it is a little bit to hard for the average newbie to start out, might want to raise when you win a battle to at least 51 gold. Inn costs around 50 gold and when poisoned 100. Camp is to random to be safe. In turn, the newbies will do a lot of begging... but then again, I gues this could encourage posting :wink: (with 50 gold per post)

*Edit* The Long Knife just hit for 9 hit points, don't know why it just now decided to do that =\ (concerning that all the other times it hit for 1 hit point and missed more than the bare hands)

**Edit** If there was a way to use heal outside of battle it'd be more useful.

Mages should have more ranges of spells and have some that Swordmasters don't. I.E. Swordmasters can feebly use some heal spells, fire spells, antidote types. Mages should be able to use Fire/Ice/Lightning/Earth etc.
Fan Fic Character of the hour:

Appears in: Guardians, Sapphire Awakens.

Cervius: A hero to his town. A patient fellow who loves to pull pranks. Cares for his younger brother. However... has a past that he can not forgive himself for.

majormastermind
Forum Moderator

Postby majormastermind » Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:54 am

also it seems with my character every time i get healed from poison i go into battle and no matter what monster it is it poisons me right back. I can never stay unpoisoned.
stupid is as stupid does

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:54 pm

Cyrus_Soulfire wrote:Possible Bug/need addressed issues concerning weapons.

Bare Hands/Wooden Stick/Small Knife/Long Knife all hit the same, actually it seems to me that bare hands is a lot more accurate than a Long Knife at this point.

IMO so far, barehands have the upper hand over a level 3 weapon.

Also it is a little bit to hard for the average newbie to start out, might want to raise when you win a battle to at least 51 gold. Inn costs around 50 gold and when poisoned 100. Camp is to random to be safe. In turn, the newbies will do a lot of begging... but then again, I gues this could encourage posting :wink: (with 50 gold per post)

*Edit* The Long Knife just hit for 9 hit points, don't know why it just now decided to do that =\ (concerning that all the other times it hit for 1 hit point and missed more than the bare hands)

**Edit** If there was a way to use heal outside of battle it'd be more useful.

Mages should have more ranges of spells and have some that Swordmasters don't. I.E. Swordmasters can feebly use some heal spells, fire spells, antidote types. Mages should be able to use Fire/Ice/Lightning/Earth etc.

1) I can't make the lower level weapons any stronger than they are, or else you won't be able to use them at lower levels. i.e. the level of a weapon is decided automatically by its strength - there is nothing I can do.

2) The idea of the costs is to encourage posting! I don't want members to join LW just to play the game. The idea of it is to help build a stronger community... 50 posts per gold is quite reasonable!

3) There is a way to heal outside of battle. There are a number of items that can be used outside of battle - all you have to do is click on their icon in your own inventory. Heal is one of the things that is tested and works.

4) Newbie help is available in the FAQ. It's quite detailed.

5) Swordsmen are average fighters. Mages have poor HP, Str, and Def... but high MP. Thugs are a hard class to master, but when they level up they get the biggest strength boost. They can't use MP though.

6) More classes will come soon.

7) Remember, I haven't finished the RPG yet! The shops are nowhere near complete. I haven't developed many spells for mages yet. All I need is everyone's patience, because I want to get this done right (plus I have a lot of real life work to do this week).

The only reason the RPG is actually open at the moment is because I kept you all waiting too long for it! :wink: If something is missing, please list it here - but please be patient... I've never installed such a complicated mod, and it is limited in a few parts of it.

If I get time, I'll have a dig around the code and see if I can turn down the miss rate. NB: magic doesn't miss.

More classes will come when I finish the items/magic for the current classes.

Remember though - you've probably noticed the extra classes in the shops: Black Knight, Supernova, Magikawa, Knight, Ruffian -- these are all promotions.

You can be promoted at level 10... but some promotions can only be gained at level 10 with certain items. THESE ITEMS ARE NOT AVAILABLE YET!! Please don't level up too quickly!

And that's all I've got to say for now. In a few weeks, this whole battle system+items will be 100% finished! For now everyone, don't use it too seriously, as the items for the higher levels aren't made yet!

PS - When it is 100% finished I'll send every member an e-mail about it, hopefully bringing back some old members that don't post as much.

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:21 pm

I was just pointing somethings out so you could work on them :?

Cervius: A hero to his town. A patient fellow who loves to pull pranks. Cares for his younger brother. However... has a past that he can not forgive himself for.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:21 pm

Oops, I didn't sound harsh did I? I will work on everything you said!

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:26 pm

Ok ^_^

Yeah it did sound kind of harsh in parts of it, but at least your looking at it :)

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:34 pm

On a side note, if you want to get rid of any unwanted items that can't be used or sold, (e.g. Fairy Tear), then send them to The Test Bot.

Go to http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/~lufia/forum/shop_give.php - select an item from the drop down box, and type in The Test Bot as the username. Any items sent to The Test Bot will be deleted every few weeks.

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:44 pm

Will those items every be able to be used?

*Edit* Shouldn't there be a run away option if the game is going to count run aways?

Also another bug, if your loosing in a battle you can click on a link and it takes you out of battle, though you are still weak... you can avoid dying.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:34 pm

Cyrus_Soulfire wrote:Will those items every be able to be used?

*Edit* Shouldn't there be a run away option if the game is going to count run aways?

Also another bug, if your loosing in a battle you can click on a link and it takes you out of battle, though you are still weak... you can avoid dying.

Yes, I need to create an 'escape' item.

If you close the window and avoid being defeated, you've still used up some PL (Prize Limit).

When the escape item and spell are ready, if you escape properly you will still get some experience and gold.

Chu Stinger
Forum Moderator

Postby Chu Stinger » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:47 pm

Cyrus_Soulfire wrote:Will those items every be able to be used?

Are you talking about the unexistent items? Probably not.
- Chu Stinger

Phil
Forum Moderator

Postby Phil » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:56 pm

The items are sooo wierd. Everyone seems to just put them into auction (I have 9 fairy tears up for auction if anyone wants them!)
Phil

=> Drummer
=> RS Lvl 100
=> Hardcore Gamer

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:43 am

The mystery items are unlikely to ever work, even if I tried. I would need to edit the shop code to make them work.

So, yeah, just auction them, or send them to The Test Bot.

Phil
Forum Moderator

Postby Phil » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:29 am

I'm sure there is a member out there who is willing to collect these strange and un-existing items
Phil

=> Drummer

=> RS Lvl 100

=> Hardcore Gamer

majormastermind
Forum Moderator

Postby majormastermind » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:09 am

i'll probably hold on to mine just in case.....
stupid is as stupid does

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”