[FORUM] Activity issues, and plans for IPB 2.0

Talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

[FORUM] Activity issues, and plans for IPB 2.0

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:37 pm

Activity Issues

Message posted to members of TAC's forum yesterday:

musicman2059 wrote:I'm really starting to see a serious problem with the forum side of TAC right now, and right now it seems obvious.

It seems that the forum can't keep a constant "acceptable" activity level.

Now, I do realize that the members of TAC don't and can't live on the Internet 24/7, and that I don't expect them to, (it's not healthy, anyways), but from what I've seen, this forum is on the way to a sad and lonely death.

Let's take the first week of March, for example. I actually had to encourage you guys to post by revoking shoutbox access during my weekend in Kimberley. That week was also the worst week for activity ever since the forum had active members.

Well, yesterday was the worst single day since then two. Why? Because the number of posts yesterday totalled ZERO. Nil, nada, zilch, goose egg. It doesn't matter why, or however, but I'm afraid that TAC is in yet ANOTHER low.

Now, there are a few reasons for this, such as Meru's long grounding, Stef and I and our cyber-cafe hopping, Andii and her current life situation, Brian and his broken laptop, Kay's mysterious disappearance, etc... that's why I'm not going to try anything right away. It seems that TAC has hit somewhat of an "injury bug."

Personally, I have tried everything in my power to spread the word out about TAC without having to literally spam it. The only thing I haven't done is mass e-mail all my members, but there are two things stopping me from doing so: the first is that it is spam, since I'm mass-advertising a site, and secondly, there would be a few people that would recieve that e-mail (I Like Pie, Josh, Raymond, and Heather to name a few), that in which if they saw that e-mail, it could end up threatening my life on the Internet.

Even with these members here, however, there is still room for improvement. Now, most of us here also go to FFR. And since FFR is down right now, that allows me to guage forum activity for a while, and allow those members that can't get here right now to come back, before I make a very critical decision.

Basically, I will be guaging the activity here from now until April 26th. As members come back, I expect forum activity to rise. Unfortunately, if I can't get activity to rise to normal levels and stay that way by the time Apr. 26th comes along, then I will have to make a decision whether or not I will close the forum.

I will be discussing this with Brian and Angel, and the possibilities of raising this activity and trying to do everything to keep the forum side of TAC open. I really do not want to come to the conclusion that I have to close the forum due to the rash of inactivity I've been getting. That's why I don't want to base the overall activity on the numbers I've been getting over the past week; It's not fair to those that can't be here.

That being said, April 26th is three weeks away. That is hopefully enough time for everyone that's been sidelined to return and hopefully raise those numbers and stats, and let's hope for a bright forum-side future. Otherwise, TAC might just become the old Lufia site that it was in the old days.

I wish you all the best.

Plans for IPB 2.0 upgrade

As TAC knows, I am experimenting with an Invision Power Board 2.0 test forum. At first, this was only to be to check out some of the new features, but yesterday, I had a huge brainstorm.

You see, I found that there was a problem with my forum structure. It seemed to... mainstream. I wanted the structure to be geared towards Lufia.

On that note, I have closed the test forum to the public, and have started to design the structure that I would want to see after TAC is upgraded to 2.0. This would include a forum for discussion on games by Taito and Natsume, and a forum for each Lufia game. There will no longer be forums for other games, and game discussion is divided into consoles and handhelds. A whole lot of general forums that aren't used will be taken out, and they'll all be given snazzy little names, and such.

As for the upgrade itself, a date has not been set, but it will be done as soon as a 1.3 -> 2.0 upgrade package is available. This can happen at any time, hopefully within the next month or so, so be ready for it!

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:43 pm

Sounds like a good plan! I'll try and post a little more there too!

Everyone else - this is the link to TAC's official forums: http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~ancientcave/ (this should take you to the forum portal).

lufiamanaelf
Arek's Apprentice

Postby lufiamanaelf » Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:52 pm

good idea, that sounds cool

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”