Premium Charge Virus

Talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Phil
Forum Moderator

Premium Charge Virus

Postby Phil » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:32 am

I don't know if you have all heard, but there was news that a new virus isout and running.

When ever you come accross something that says you must press yes (a grey box to accept terms and agreements) and when you press no - it comes back up again saying that you must say yes. The best thing to do in this case is to restart your computer.

If you actually got sick of it and decided just to press yes to get rid of it, it downloads a program that hacks into your modem, and makes you pay £1.50 a minute. So if you like going on the internet for hours, 1 hour would cost you £90.00. It also effects your phone line too, so whenever you make a phone call, it costs £1.50 a minute to talk.

This is just a warning for all of you if you are on modem and say yes to one of these accept terms and agreement things. It is worth just restarting your computer than getting a phone bill of over £600 at the end of the month isn't it!

I just thought I would warn you all because this virus is very serious and I don'y want any of you spending that type of money. These virus makers get cleverer and cleverer don't they...And when the people on the news phoned say...Telewest, they just said it was not their problem and it was the customer's fault. So obviously, just don't say yes to any of these boxes that appear.

Thanks,
Phil
Phil

=> Drummer
=> RS Lvl 100
=> Hardcore Gamer

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:12 pm

There's another variant of that virus that will download useless programs on your computer. It's named EZula I think. It's not that hard to get rid off (only took me 'bout a 1/2 hour to get fully rid of it- but you gotta know DOS prompt to eaisly get rid of it).

lvl99orelseidie
Soldier

Postby lvl99orelseidie » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:31 pm

oh.....thnx i gess.....im not on modem tho....
if the game doesnt matter, why did they create the score?-vince lombardi

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:22 pm

I'm on broadband, but my computer could connect to modem. I'll look out for both viruses.

lufiamanaelf
Arek's Apprentice

Postby lufiamanaelf » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:50 pm

Thank you So much, if I got it on my comp, I'd be in BIG dodo.

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:04 am

BTW, how do you check to see if you have the virus? I searched for the last couple days, and I didn't find anything on it.....

Phil
Forum Moderator

Postby Phil » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:24 am

I don't think you can. I just think it will show up on your telephone bill as like £600. To find out really is just to see if you are paying £1.50 a minute - which it should say on your bill
Phil

=> Drummer

=> RS Lvl 100

=> Hardcore Gamer

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”