SinRevi's Lufia fanart

Share your Lufia fan fiction and artwork in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Re: SinRevi's Lufia fanart

Postby SinReVi » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:01 pm

Dekar

Maxim

Guy and Artea

Selan

Maxim x Selan

Group picture

Alex and Leon
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:20 pm

Haven't really drawn in a long time (a couple of months ago I think).

My sister gave me some promarkers so I used this Maxim chibi to try them out.
Drawn on normal printer paper and the ink went right through the paper and onto the surface under it (which was my binder) =P

After I got somewhat used to the markers I wanted to use them to make a real drawing (meaning no silly doodles or sketches or chibis) but I had no inspiration so it ended up being a simple portraits picture. This time on blending paper so no ink on my binder =P

Overall, it turned out pretty nice I think... or maybe I'm just happy I actually drew something after a long while =P Not so glad that I traced some of the wrong sketchlines when inking the line art though o_0

~ OUT NOW! 2010

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:23 pm

*considers everything in this topic old art by now*
(this is probably going to be a long post =P)

First, that book I was filling with Lufia fan art is finished!
Instead of scanning all pages I did a video. (Sorry, it's nearly 9 minutes =P): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv3GVxV5bFQ
It has Lufia drawings from 24-8-2011 to 11-4-2014

this is from the book =P

Oops! Wrong bunny!
(also from book)

I want to redo this drawing one day mainly because of Maxim's hair=P
(from the book as well)

This is an anniversary pic and is also supposed to go with the drawing of the DS versions in the post above).

Lufia DS 3rd anniversary drawing. I remember I didn't really plan this ahead, I don't think I even used a sketch first =P
Because of that, the overall composition of the drawing is weird and overcrowded on the right side. At first i just planned on drawing Maxim, Selan Guy and Artea, but then I thought while just drawing the original four would be okay if this were a Lufia II drawing, this is Lufia DS so I should include Dekar and Tia as well. I didn't know how to fit Artea, Dekar and Tia in the picture (Maxim, Selan and Guy were already drawn) so I solved the problem by drawing Tia and Dekar like that =P

this is a remake of this

My Lufia 20th anniversary drawing. This took forever but I'm really happy with how it turned out.
progress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npQqg4ZMTB4

Eh... back in 2013 I saw that Neverland Company had their address on their FB page so I tried sending a drawing and letter around the 20th anniversary in June. I have no idea if if arrived but for me it was the idea that counts =P

Cain from Lufia V

Lufia II and DS's anniversary one year ago

They're actually two separate drawings, so you can also connect them like this =P

I'm filling another book with Lufia drawings (but I haven't drawn in it for nearly a year)

dekar x Iris.
When I was little I thought Iris liked Dekar.

Since the 20th and 5th anniversary of Lufia II and Lufia DS were in February, I drew a picture on each day of that month.

Anniversary drawing

Fortress of Doom cast

Arthee. though that looks more like coffee!

I wanted to give digital art a try again =P

(and why is my name spelled "SinRevi" instead of "SinReVi" in the topic name =P Anyway, nowadays I like it better without the capital R and V)

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Postby Shade-Duelist » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:41 pm

...Wow, so much art! Still, old or not, I think your dedication and your style are great. And I'm suddenly a huge fan of the way you draw Aguro :wink: I loved him in FoD! Real snarky. And he reminded me of Guy a lot (which is probably the point, but what do I know huh?).

...Man, it's been years and years since I last drew anything, I should draw again. My drawings will probably suck, though... my talent is writing, not making art.

EDITED 35 seconds into your video: I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, you pair them too! :mrgreen:

EDITED AGAIN 2 minutes into your video: ...Is that... Idura in swimgear? I-it is, isn't it? Unsure whether to be... afraid, or amused now...

4 minutes and 18 seconds into your video: ...I can't stop watching this, knowing there's more...

5min12sec into your video: OH NO Idura² *universe implodes*

*after universe is restored* ...let's never do this again...

7min22sec into your video: ...That's pretty much Dekar and Guy's 'friendship' in a nutshell. :D

7min39sec into your video: brb dying of cuteness :roll:

At the end of your video: ...Aw man it's done already? ART MORE SINREVI ART MOARRRRRR! :!:
Strongest Duelist in the world! *cue music*

The second thing I'm best at is writing! Hah, check it out!

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:08 am

Ahaha glad you like it =)
EDITED 35 seconds into your video: I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, you pair them too! :mrgreen:

I started liking them as a couple after Lufia DS =P

Scanned version of the Lufia 22nd anniversary drawing

Just found this in on my photobucket.
The left one is the sketch I used for the Lufia series 20th anniversary drawing.
The one on the right was another idea, I wanted to draw all the main characters but it would be too crowded in my opinion. Not to mention Wain's group is HUGE!

random Maxim I drew yesterday

Right after the time skip in Lufia DS, a Tuxedo and Mystical Bikini are added to the inventory, so...

(this is still a work in progress =P)
Selan: Maxim... why is my tiny bikini in our suit case?!
Maxim: Ehm... because I think you look sexy in it...?

(Selan: Alright... I'll wear this...if you take your tuxedo with you!*wink* *stuffs Maxim's tuxedo in suitcase*
Maxim: Awesome!
Guy: What's going on over there?
Maxim and Selan: uh... nothing! We're ready to go to Gratze!)

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Postby Shade-Duelist » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:29 am

SinReVi wrote:Ahaha glad you like it =)

Yeah, suuuuuure, it was only after Lufia DS... :wink:

SinReVi wrote:Right after the time skip in Lufia DS, a Tuxedo and Mystical Bikini are added to the inventory, so...
(imgs)
Selan: Maxim... why is my tiny bikini in our suit case?!
Maxim: Ehm... because I think you look sexy in it...?

(Selan: Alright... I'll wear this...if you take your tuxedo with you!*wink* *stuffs Maxim's tuxedo in suitcase*
Maxim: Awesome!
Guy: What's going on over there?
Maxim and Selan: uh... nothing! We're ready to go to Gratze!)

:lol: someone Valor me, I think I just died laughing.

Isn't made any better by the fact that Tia can also wear that bikini and anyone can wear the tuxedo.

(EDIT: pre-emptively answering the question: yes I am aware it's the middle of the night when I posted this, but I can't sleep... sadly this world doesn't have the Drowsy spell :cry: )

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:48 pm

Quick bonus doodle: If Maxim didn't pay attention and put the bikini in the wrong suit case...

Shade-Duelist wrote:

Because Tia and Dekar have more scenes together in Lufia DS, in Lufia II they had only one =P

And Ruins of Lore had Dekar x Marin going on. (though I prefer Dekar x Tia from Lufia DS over Dekar x Marin in Lufia RoL)
With Tia and Dekar the feelings are from both sides, but in RoL, at first it seems the feelings are just from Marin's side, until you finish Gratze's dungeon. And they have a huge age gap, the game never says Marin's age but Dekar is probably old enough to be her dad. Dekar would be around 46 years old in RoL, Marin looks like she's 18 or early 20s)

Isn't made any better by the fact that Tia can also wear that bikini and anyone can wear the tuxedo.

And Artea can wear the bikini as well.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Postby Shade-Duelist » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:15 pm

SinReVi wrote:(hilarious img)

Quick bonus doodle: If Maxim didn't pay attention and put the bikini in the wrong suit case...

(even more hilarious img)

:lol: pffff poor Maxim :D I totally see Dekar do that by the way.

SinReVi wrote:
Shade-Duelist wrote:

Because Tia and Dekar have more scenes together in Lufia DS, in Lufia II they had only one =P

And Ruins of Lore had Dekar x Marin going on. (though I prefer Dekar x Tia from Lufia DS over Dekar x Marin in Lufia RoL)
With Tia and Dekar the feelings are from both sides, but in RoL, at first it seems the feelings are just from Marin's side, until you finish Gratze's dungeon. And they have a huge age gap, the game never says Marin's age but Dekar is probably old enough to be her dad. Dekar would be around 46 years old in RoL, Marin looks like she's 18 or early 20s)

...I do like Dekar x Tia in Lufia DS more than in Lufia II too, to be honest, because they have more scenes together. And because of the heroic, dramatic sacrifice. GAAAAAH Dekar whyyyyy... why did you have to do that to my heart?! TWICE?! (But the Three Towers make everything okay again. Twice. And the second time is indeed just a little better. :wink: )

...Oh wow, that is a HUGE HUGE age difference. No, Dekar, no! NOT OKAY! :shock:

SinReVi wrote:

And Artea can wear the bikini as well.

...Valor is getting a lot of use this week. I think I had to be rezzed twice. Artea + bikini = I can't even voice this imagery. :lol:

I am currently imagining Tia in an Arabian Nights-esque style of clothing. Because, you know, Bound is in a desert.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:03 pm

It's done!

I didn't plan on coloring this one but... when I was coloring the Maxim and Selan drawing I used some markers while this comic was still underneath it. Which was pretty dumb, because I didn't use marker paper (it is mostly colored with watercolors after all=P) and some ink bled right through the paper and onto the comic.
So to hide the ink stain... I colored the entire comic =P

Shade-Duelist wrote:...Oh wow, that is a HUGE HUGE age difference. No, Dekar, no! NOT OKAY! :shock:

Pretty much Marin's mom reaction. She says Dekar is "years and years older" and tells Marin Dekar probably doesn't care about her since he is a famous swordsman.
There's an optional scene you can get where Eldin, Torma and Rami eavesdrop on Dekar and Marin and Rami thinks Marin likes Dekar, but Torma then comments on Dekar's age. (from what I remember) I think one of them also said Marin barely acts like an adult. (Dekar and Marin seem to be fine with eachother though)

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Postby Shade-Duelist » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:47 am

SinReVi wrote:I didn't plan on coloring this one but... when I was coloring the Maxim and Selan drawing I used some markers while this comic was still underneath it. Which was pretty dumb, because I didn't use marker paper (it is mostly colored with watercolors after all=P) and some ink bled right through the paper and onto the comic.
So to hide the ink stain... I colored the entire comic =P

:wink: Why, you don't see any ink stain anymore, you did a magnificent job hiding it! ...And there are no complaints about the colored minicomic. At all.

SinReVi wrote:I didn't plan on color
Shade-Duelist wrote:...Oh wow, that is a HUGE HUGE age difference. No, Dekar, no! NOT OKAY! :shock:

Pretty much Marin's mom reaction. She says Dekar is "years and years older" and tells Marin Dekar probably doesn't care about her since he is a famous swordsman.
There's an optional scene you can get where Eldin, Torma and Rami eavesdrop on Dekar and Marin and Rami thinks Marin likes Dekar, but Torma then comments on Dekar's age. (from what I remember) I think one of them also said Marin barely acts like an adult. (Dekar and Marin seem to be fine with eachother though)

...I repeat, NO Dekar, TOTALLY NOT OKAY! REALLY! An age difference of 10 or even 15 years is still okay, but 20+ years is bad. I expected more from Dekar, really... :oops:

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:33 pm

Shade-Duelist wrote: :wink: Why, you don't see any ink stain anymore, you did a magnificent job hiding it! ...And there are no complaints about the colored minicomic. At all.

I still see the ink stain but I know where it is... but now it just looks like it's part of the background =P

Yet another quick drawing of Maxim. That expression is more suited for Dekar though =P

Sketches of Lufia DS cast in swim suits (idea suggested by Shade-Duelist =P ) (I wanted to draw Iris too since she's part of the group, but I didn't have time for that. maybe another time =P)

(anatomy isn't perfect, but it's the idea that counts here =P)

I wanted to include Maxim's scar =P (in one official artwork he got a scar while fighting Gades)

random information: In the Japanese version Tia never says her bikini is tiny. Instead she says she bought a new bikini and asks Maxim if he wants to see it. Then she says she's kidding, she didn't buy it to show Maxim, she bought it to show her boyfriend.
Dekar doesn't say his bikini is tiny, but I think he would if Tia didn't start yelling. (guessing he would say セパレートのミニ if Tia didn't interrupt)
https://youtu.be/zUqrxqx6ERE?t=6m19s

I gave up on drawing Guy's muscles =P

At least now I have references for if I'm ever going to draw a group picture at the beach =P
(me every summer: I'm going to draw a Lufia beach drawing! But doing that would take some time *months later because of procrastinating* Never mind! Now I don't feel like drawing that anymore because it's cold!)
(For me, drawing big group pictures (more than 4 people) take a lot of time =P)

Bonus: Gades, Amon and Erim in swimwear, from my old Lufia comic from 2007. (this version of my comic never got past the fourth page... everything else was still in script form. )

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Postby Shade-Duelist » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:27 pm

SinReVi wrote:Sketches of Lufia DS cast in swim suits (idea suggested by Shade-Duelist =P ) (I wanted to draw Iris too since she's part of the group, but I didn't have time for that. maybe another time =P)

(anatomy isn't perfect, but it's the idea that counts here =P)

I'll keep you to that promise :wink: and your anatomy is just fine! ...That came out wrong. Forget I said anything.

SinReVi wrote:I wanted to include Maxim's scar =P (in one official artwork he got a scar while fighting Gades)

Scar accepted. Actually, I like our guys (and girls) with a few scars. Especially the Lufia DS guys and girls. No magic = no easy healing = scars.

SinReVi wrote:Image
random information: In the Japanese version Tia never says her bikini is tiny. Instead she says she bought a new bikini and asks Maxim if he wants to see it. Then she says she's kidding, she didn't buy it to show Maxim, she bought it to show her boyfriend.
Dekar doesn't say his bikini is tiny, but I think he would if Tia didn't start yelling. (guessing he would say セパレートのミニ if Tia didn't interrupt)
https://youtu.be/zUqrxqx6ERE?t=6m19s

Pffffff... *laughs loudly* Dekar, please...

*steals this picture* *puts into lair* *grins*

SinReVi wrote:I gave up on drawing Guy's muscles =P

...Yeah, I would, too. And hey, un-awkward Artea in swimming trunks!! (Long swimming trunks. Hehe, bet he gets sunburnt really easily, too.)

Bonus: Gades, Amon and Erim in swimwear, from my old Lufia comic from 2007. (this version of my comic never got past the fourth page... everything else was still in script form. )

I loved that fourth panel! Hehehe. Amon in swimwear... many laughs were had.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:27 am

Oh wait. I HAVE drawn a beach picture before... in 1998 =P

Yes, that's 4 Maxims, 2 Guys and 2 Dekars on the beach =P (and Artea and and moustache-less Lexis)

And this old picture from 2006. Cion and Cecil from the canceled Lufia III.

Probably my first Lufia drawing ever. (vaguely remembers drawing multiple Tia's in blue dresses) (I couldn't remember if her dress was red or blue)

Lufia V fanart. The actual drawing is small (about post card size) I think this one looks really good for a drawing I did in 2012 =P (Late December, but still =P It even looks better than some of my 2013 art )
Dekar the Great liked it so much, I sent him the real thing haha =P

Anyway, I've been drawing a lot the past few days, so here's some more recent Lufia art (and by Lufia art I mean Maxim and Selan =P )

Oops, it kinda looks Maxim has a tan here =P (though it's not that noticable in the real life version.)

~ OUT NOW! 2010

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:08 pm

Instead of Iris,I drew Erim with Daos (since the other swim suit sketches were done in pairs too)

And Gades and Amon to make the group complete.

Ice Mist mountain featuring anatomy fail (looks at Dekar) (it came out okay enough I wanted to color it with pencils though)(I want to redo this drawing)

Anyway, this is based on that conversation when you enter Ice Mist Mountain and Dekar offers his coat to Tia, but forgot he sewed it to his shirt.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Postby Shade-Duelist » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:46 am

SinReVi wrote:(drawings of Sinistrals in swimming outfits)
Instead of Iris,I drew Erim with Daos (since the other swim suit sketches were done in pairs too)

(more drawings of Sinistrals in swimming outfits)
And Gades and Amon to make the group complete.

...I like it! (Also, judging by the size of their chest jewels (what are they even called?!) you'd think that Daos and Gades are compensating for something. Erim is the most powerful of all the Sinistrals and yet... teeny-tiny chest jewel...) I'm secretly a huge fan of Gades and Amon so it's nice to see this! ^u^

Ice Mist mountain featuring anatomy fail (looks at Dekar) (it came out okay enough I wanted to color it with pencils though)(I want to redo this drawing)

Anyway, this is based on that conversation when you enter Ice Mist Mountain and Dekar offers his coat to Tia, but forgot he sewed it to his shirt.

...you knew this was secretly what I wanted. Redo it if you want to redo it, my dear, I will never ever ever complain, I swear. *hoards all of this*

Return to “Lufia Fan Works”