[Lufia Unnamed Project] Resources

Share your Lufia fan fiction and artwork in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

[Lufia Unnamed Project] Resources

Postby Anthony » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:28 pm

Some people that have been following me on youtube already know it, but I uploaded some material on there again that I made for the game I'm making :) As it's becoming more and more substantial, I've decided to create a topic here to collect it all nicely. Chris offered us to create a subsection on the forum, but I don't think it's needed yet, not quite- there's simply not enough to be done yet :)

Music
Dramatic
Dramatic Full
Boss theme (my nephew made this one :))
(Fire?)cave Original!
Jungle Original!
Victory Original! NEW!

Development Video's
Build 0.0.1.0
Build 0.0.2.0 incl. comments
Build 0.0.3.0
Displaying the matured text engine NEW!
Last edited by Anthony on Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/
Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:18 am

Need a story, or possibly details to that story? I am afraid that is all I can offer you.

Just because I quit mine doesn't mean I don't support other fan projects.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Update: Dramatic Full. The entire battle theme- but different :)

Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:33 pm

Let's see here...
Compliments on the dramatic one. Sounds good, though I agree with the Youtubers who commented - it'd sound better with a drum. The boss theme sounds a bit messy... a bit too much special effects, I'd say.
But I really, REALLY like your two original ones. Well done, keep at it!

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:09 pm

Thanks! The boss one is made by my much younger nephew, wants to have a future in music... so promised him he could create some stuff as well. Learning experience for the both of us, hehe :)

I'll definately get drums in there, and I want to work a bit more with that bass in there- one particular sequence where I just keep missing a certain part, that I always finish in my head. It's how it goes with all the songs, really- I record the melodies that were still in my head at the end of the day using my phone, or immediately if I think I'll forget it (likely! :P), and then work on them later on. Will be a while before I get to work on it again though, but there's a few songs I think would fit with the game ^.^

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:41 am

New video :) Taken from the gamefaqs message I wrote on it:

Features so far (That I remember anyways, or are at least visible in that video)
- Very mature text engine. It supports various frames, with a textbubble over the characters head, or under if it doesn't fit over it. It supports macro's (replace certain keywords in the text by something else, such as "$player$" by "ti83magic"), full spectrum of colors, shaking text, transparancy of the windows, delays and instant showing of the text, branches for varying dialogue paths, a menu system... that's the main purpose of this video :)
- Embedded Lua- a lot of the functionality comes from Lua (finally, was a pain in the butt- went with traditional stack manipulation after the nth time of trying to get luabind working), as well as all the setting up of instances, their interaction with eachother, and dialogue.
- Basic sound engine (not shown, the music annoyed me after hearing it so often, forgot to toggle it on with this recording)
- Movement, collision detection, multilayered map loading, camera movement, several skills (bombs, arrows, carrying stuff), colored overlays (the black fadeout you saw at the end was secretly done manually by me on the keyboard :P), instances following eachother, a fully event driven environment built from the ground up ( a player moves, a bomb explodes, etc)
- All in C++ using openGL and SDL, and now Lua- 10.000 ish loc, which seems a hell of a lot for what is shown... and maybe it is, but it's all very modular, since I plan to go pretty big with it...

Superdreuzel
Knight

Postby Superdreuzel » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:45 pm

please tell me that is Rpgmaker vx :o
if so, where can i find these recourses?:O
if not so, where can i find these recourses?:O

I like it ! Esspecially the text stuff.
Image]

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:51 pm

Nope... all coding is done by me, ghehe :) No game- or rpgmaking tool... just me programming :D

The songs you can listen to, or download if you really want it, then I'll put it as an mp3 somewhere. The only thing I didn't make myself in all this is the graphics, which I took from the original Lufia II rom... but I have to replace those as well. The thing is though, I have no experience whatsoever on that area, and no feeling for it either (like with the music; never did something like that before, but I CAN create music in my head, and hope I can translate it to a program- not sprites :D)... the problem then is, people are very graphically set. If it LOOKS terrible, it doesn't really matter anymore how good it plays... or how impressive or nice the coding behind it is :D

But yeah, I'll have to start spriting, real soon too...

gadesx
Villager

Re: [Lufia Unnamed Project] Resources

Postby gadesx » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:04 pm

Interesting, I'd always interested in work in some Lufia project, but
I think that I'm the only "puzzle designer" on the net because never I saw no one looking people for make puzzles
in a project so I started to make my own game,
you can see the movies I upload to youtube using rpg maker.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gadesx?feature=watch

we can talk about all of this via msn if you're interested

Return to “Lufia Fan Works”