Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

General gaming discussions. However, discussions about Lufia, Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, and Zelda should be posted in the dedicated forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:54 pm

I will say this out of honesty of a critic instead of the perspective of a Sonic fanboy...

This is the only non-traditional Sonic game released so far that DOESN'T SUCK entirely!!! (I think it's a sign of the Apocalypse, thank BioWare for it)

Why doesn't it suck? Why isn't it the best Sonic game ever?

As Square was to Super Mario RPG, BioWare came up with the standard of later Sonic Chronicles games to come. Controls don't just work, they are smooth.

Leap Frog Battle system and touch screen POW moves make the battles fast paced, perfect choice from the creators of Phantasy Star (did you not know Sonic Team made that game?)

Fast paced RPG that works. Interactive dialogue branches suites Sonic because he isn't a silent protagonist.

The game is fast, but not as fast as you want. Have you thought about that this is as fast as RPG's goes? If you don't like it this slow then pop out your old Genesis.

Could use some more exploring, then again could slow down the game.

Don't thank SEGA, thank BioWare for making it and Sonic Team for even allowing this abomination to exist. Sonic & RPG's, something that shouldn't exist.

Next installments can and will expand on this system. The story, well, haven't finished it yet but I got enough for gameplay review.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Return to “General Gaming”