OMG TODAY RUNE FACTORY FRONTIER LAUNCHES!!!!

General gaming discussions. However, discussions about Lufia, Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, and Zelda should be posted in the dedicated forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

OMG TODAY RUNE FACTORY FRONTIER LAUNCHES!!!!

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:01 pm

Nintendo of America wrote:Rune Factory: Frontier

Release Date: Mar 17, 2009

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE RFF IS RELEASED TODAY!!! I HAVE NO MONEY TO BUY IT, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

*spazes out from seizure*
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Riclo
Knight

Postby Riclo » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:21 pm

I forgot it was released today...

i'll get it in few days
it's R-EYE-CL-OH! not Rick-low.
you could call me Riclo, Riclon or links500
we all have a destination... you just have to find it and conquer it.
Lêi_Trigar is awesome!
Sir, we're surrounded.
Excellent, we can shoot in any direction.

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:23 pm

heh, came as a surprise to me. i wasn't expecting till later. but i knew about it a month ago. i will get it eventualy...
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:17 pm

I wish Ivan returned in this game!
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri May 08, 2009 9:37 pm

I finished the storyline a while ago.

I wish there was some head equipment that looks manly on Raguna! Like some helmets. Most stuff looks girly on Raguna or is a bit weird (who wants to wear a Pumpkin Mask every day of the year? =P )

And right now Raguna looks more like a hero of the bunnies... I can forge some better head equipment than this right now, but I want to keep the ears for the higher magical defense and for the Critical Hit Rate +

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Rezic
Knight

Postby Rezic » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:47 pm

Funny, I just heard about it today. It sounds like a weird mix between Harvest Moon and Thousand Arms. Is it really that great of a game? Granted, it looks interesting, but I'm fairly skeptical. What makes this game stand out above the rest? I don't play may new games anymore, so would it be worth it to buy it? It may give me an excuse to play my wii more lol.

So yeah, is this game made of win or not? Thanks!

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:04 pm

Rezic wrote:Funny, I just heard about it today. It sounds like a weird mix between Harvest Moon and Thousand Arms. Is it really that great of a game? Granted, it looks interesting, but I'm fairly skeptical. What makes this game stand out above the rest? I don't play may new games anymore, so would it be worth it to buy it? It may give me an excuse to play my wii more lol.

So yeah, is this game made of win or not? Thanks!

my brother played the crap out of this game, i watched him sometimes and it seems very involved, there's a lot to do in the game, i personally don't have the time to get into it, but it seems pretty fun.
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:44 pm

It's a mix of Harvest Moon with RPG elements like fighting/leveling/dungeons. There is also a main story line but you can continue your game after the ending. You can play the game at your own pace, the world won't be destroyed or something if you don't go into the dungeons for triggering storyline events for 2337247624blah years. I completed the storyline near the end of my first year, I was around 100 hours at the time. Right now I'm almost at Summer of the third year with 262 hours =P I still have some other events left.

After you defeat a boss, you're able to fight a stronger version of it. ( You can only re-battle the bosses at the end of a dungeon, you can't rebattle storyline related bosses, like the final boss =(
There are three versions of the bosses: the first version is when you first fight it. The next time you fight it, it will become stronger than before =P After you finished the main storyline AND have defeated the second version of the boss, it will become even stronger than before.
I'm around lv83 and I only managed to defeat the upgraded versions of the first boss. I almost defeated the second version of the Whale Island twice =P

By the way, RF3 was announced a while ago: http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/ds/runefactory3/

~ OUT NOW! 2010

TheBradshaw
Soldier

Postby TheBradshaw » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:22 pm

Does this game have a Lufia quality story? Something LIKE that?
Lufia IV Development @ http://lufia4.wordpress.com

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:30 pm

I think Rune Factory Frontier is more about the characters.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Sinistral_89
Villager

Postby Sinistral_89 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:20 am

After some weeks I continued to play RFF. I really adore the old-shool feel it has! ^^
I like the dungeons although they are just like the battle mechanics quite simple. That game reminds me alot of some classic RPGs from the "good old times": The dungeon-Gameplay feels a bit like Seiken Densetsu 1, the music in the shops reminds me of Terranigma, the beautiful Lava Ruins-theme sounds like Secret of Evermore for me. And so on. The only problem I have with this game is that I don't feel like studying some more or less complex things like the Runey System, the "schedule" of the alle the NPCs and so on.

I don't want to start a new topic for a little question, so I'd be glad if someone her could help me to advance on the 4th floor of the Lava Ruins:
I just don't get it how to reach the door for the shortcut stairs on this floor. Starting from the southern-west-most point in the dungeon (the place with the 2 trolls), I go east (there these 2 plant enemies are). From there, the only direction I can go is up the stairs to the centrea part of this floor with the trolls and the minotaurs. Instead going up the stairs, I'd like to go to the east from here, but rubble is blocking the way. I've read several walkthroughs and watched some videos on Youtube and all of them say/show that I COULD go east from that point. But somehow, there is more rubble in my game so that I cannot advance from here.
Does anybody know that I'm doing wrong here? =(

Thanks a lot for helping in advance.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:38 pm

I can't check my game right now but maybe this helps

1) stones can be broken by hammers
2) that stuff that looks like sand disappears when you use a hoe
3) You can change the direction of the bombs (not all of them)

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Sinistral_89
Villager

Postby Sinistral_89 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:23 pm

Well, I took a screenshot from youtube from the point where I can't advance:
http://www.loaditup.de/504945.html
(the circle shows where my path is blocked by rubble, that blue arrow shows how everyone besides me passes that spot :P )

SinReVi wrote:I can't check my game right now but maybe this helps

1) stones can be broken by hammers

Well, iirc, I currently have an iron hammer, I can only smash small & medium sized rocks, but not rubble, is that correct? =/

SinReVi wrote:2) that stuff that looks like sand disappears when you use a hoe

Yeah, I figured out that too. ^^ But the rock only rolls south and disappears at the end of it's route, or am I mistaken? Can I change it's course so that it might destroy the rubble blocking my path?

SinReVi wrote:3) You can change the direction of the bombs (not all of them)

Hm, the only catapult that I could spin on this floor so far is north of my screenshot, on a plattform full of minotaurs/trolls.
I know that I can spin these things, but can I somehow extend the distance of the bomb-throw? Because, if that's the point, I could destroy all that rubble perhaps from the plattform. I've tried it with a charged hammer-attack, but it seems that it doesn't work. T_T

I feel so stupid, I bet that the solution is so damn simple. XD

Thx nevertheless. ^^

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:26 pm

Just checked it out and I don't have trouble...

Hm, the only catapult that I could spin on this floor so far is north of my screenshot, on a plattform full of minotaurs/trolls.
I know that I can spin these things, but can I somehow extend the distance of the bomb-throw? Because, if that's the point, I could destroy all that rubble perhaps from the plattform. I've tried it with a charged hammer-attack, but it seems that it doesn't work. T_T

It should destroy (part of?) the rubble if you rotate it to the south.

Yeah, I figured out that too. ^^ But the rock only rolls south and disappears at the end of it's route, or am I mistaken? Can I change it's course so that it might destroy the rubble blocking my path?

you can't change the route of the boulders

I don't know if this helps:
http://runefrontier.wikia.com/wiki/Lava_Ruins

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Sinistral_89
Villager

Postby Sinistral_89 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Ah, that link seems to be helpful for the future, thx =)

But it still doesn't work for me with the catapult. x.x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaPNhBjUu9Q

I hate that undestroyable rubble. DX
Maybe I should call Gades for some Frue Destruction™ ! :(

Return to “General Gaming”