Greatest Role Playing Game?

General gaming discussions. However, discussions about Lufia, Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, and Zelda should be posted in the dedicated forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

chooper786
Red Jelly

Greatest Role Playing Game?

Postby chooper786 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:21 am

I'm 24, and I've been a real big fan of RPG's growing up. I played Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, Zelda, Pool of Radiance for the NES.

The SNES brought me Breath of Fire, Lufia, Final Fantasy III.

The PS & PS2 brought me more. Final Fantasy VII (widened the RPG genre to the public), Wild Arms, Suikoden, Star Ocean. As well as newer additions to the FF series.

And finally with my PC, I enjoy RPG's such as Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Neverwinter Nights, Fable, and unfortunately was sucked into the MMORPG's for about 4 years playing Everquest and World of Warcraft.

All I want to know, is what RPG's am I missing out on and must play? I currently have Elder Scrolls III, but haven't played it yet, and will probably buy Oblivion IV. I also will probably order the Icewind Dale PC game, since I enjoyed Baldur's Gate so much. (Yes, I've beat Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 and Everquest game that were made for the PS2).

But what other RPG's am I missing out on? What are your favorites?

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:28 pm

Breath of Fire 3 is one of my favorites (Playstation), then there's Lufia 2 of course, and Secret of Mana (snes) which, even incomplete, is still a kickass rpg. Shadow Hearts is an interesting, and dark RPG (PS2). And Kingdom Hearts is a very cool platform RPG with final fantasy/disney chars in the mix.

msghomemaintenance
Red Jelly

Postby msghomemaintenance » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:02 pm

grandia is good, also grandia 2.
alundra 1 + 2, chrono cross, chronotrigger, tales of destiny, tales of eternia and tales of phantasia are all good. xenogears. erm... thats all i can think of right now

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:18 pm

you mentioned Suikoden, have you played Suikoden 2? I just finished that one, and while it's definitely not the best rpg ever (the story seriously lacks in development), it's definitely still a very FUN rpg to play.

Gaawa-chan
Red Jelly

Postby Gaawa-chan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:19 am

Final Fantasy 4.

Runner-ups are Dragon Quest 8 and Tales of the Abyss, but I'm a complete sucker for FF4. I could play it a thousand consecutive times and never tire of it.

deloneblack
Red Jelly

Postby deloneblack » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:59 pm

These are the great role playing game :-
1. Fallout
2.Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic
3. The Legend of Zelda
4.Elder Scrolls
5.Final Fantasy

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:04 am

I swear half the users of this forum are spambots. sexual intercourse ridiculous.

Return to “General Gaming”