Think Square Enix will do something with Energy Breaker?

General gaming discussions. However, discussions about Lufia, Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, and Zelda should be posted in the dedicated forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Think Square Enix will do something with Energy Breaker?

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:51 am

At the moment, Square Enix has so many good IP's under their belt and yet they're not doing anything with them. One of the games is Energy Breaker.

Actually, I don't think reviving Energy Breaker would be an expensive project to revive. Square Enix could contract Neverland to make a 3D port of the original game for the 3DS. It would be a downloadable title with possibly a new art style if the artist of Trigun claims copyright of his/her artwork. If the artist decides to help out again, even better.

On top of that, the game would virtually have no VO's so budgeting voice actors and translation wouldn't be a problem (if Natsume or Atlus translates it in the US).

Do you think it would be a good idea to have Square Enix fund a 3D port of Energy Breaker, or have you lost confidence in Square Enix as a publisher?
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Re: Think Square Enix will do something with Energy Breaker?

Postby SinReVi » Thu May 31, 2012 9:01 pm

Somehow, I think if something is going to happen, it's a telephone port or something like Lufia I had in Japan.
Or maybe an updated remake like what they did with Chaosseed when it got a remake (at least updated better quality graphics and music)
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Return to “General Gaming”