Advent Shadows: Arek's Romance

Online roleplaying takes place in this board. No out-of-character posts are allowed here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:05 am

A mysterious man in the background applauds the aftermath of the battle. His very presence is hardly unnoticeable, at least to the town folk. Of course to Lana, it sticks out like a sore thumb. In the dim of shadow the man's figure is clear; he is quite tall, broad, and wearing at least a top hat. The monocle on his right eye and buttoned chains on his torso shine noticeably. The dark viridian caped man steps forward and congratulates the victor, "Well done! Well done! That was quite a show was it not?"
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:08 am

Lana saw the man approaching. Oh great. What now?
She nodded. "A show it was, a real fight it wasn't."
She wasn't very keen on making small talk; her wound was still open and the throbbing pain was increasing. She decided she must have forced it by running. She turned to face him, taking care not to show any sign of pain or weakness. "And what can I help you with?"

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:24 am

"Well, you're still injured? Forgive me for taking your time, but I was quite impressed with natural talent in swordplay." The man hands Lana as small book and a phial of medicine. "Well, I'll be seeing you later. Oh this medicine is a Goddess Tear. You may as well use it on Ark and Sean as well, Lana. Good day!" The man takes a bow, then in a blink of an eye vanishes in thin air.
---DarkMaster2101

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:59 pm

"Erm... Yeah, thanks... I guess?" She scratched her head. Was I supposed to know that guy? Ugh... I suck at remembering faces. One of dad's friends, maybe. So who's this Sean he mentioned? And what are these things? In fact, what the hell was that all about?!
She shrugged. Oh, who cares. She took a step, then groaned. Right... I've moved enough for today. She limped back to the inn, and to their room, where Ark seemed to be sleeping. Without another word, she dropped down on the second bed. Beside her, a voice muttered, "You're staining the bed."
"See any bandages anywhere?" She muttered back in her usual bored voice.
Ark snorted. "You might want to take a better look around the room, miss. The medic left plenty. I think your sword made him a little anxious to get away."
She sighed, and stood up. "All right then..." She applied a bandage to her wound a little carelessly, then went back in the bed, noticing there were traces of blood on it. Shrugging, she lay down.

"So?" Ark asked after a while.
Lana yawned. "Looks like he was the star around here. Nothing too special, though. Let's go on tomorrow, I've had enough of this village already."
"Sounds good."
"By the way, know anyone named Sean?"
Ark shook his head. "Why?"
"Hm. Some old guy mentioned his and your name. Thought his name might ring any bells."
"Nope."
"He left something, some dubious medicine and a notebook or something."
"I'll take a look tomorrow." He sighed. "Let's tuck in for now."

Rezic
Knight

Postby Rezic » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:23 am

Sean threw down his bag of monster remains and his broken blade. He sighed a bit, lost in his thoughts.
"How much can I get for this crap?" Asked Sean
"200" Said the shopkeeper, a thin, short man. His eyes were slightly sunk into his head, and he was very scrawny, but rather young.
"200? Do you even see how many monsters are in that bag?"
"Yeah, but we've had an abundance of all the parts the monsters you've killed have."
"That's a weird way of putting it I guess, whatever, gimmie my gold."

Sean was in more of a quiet mood than a bad mood, he just wanted to get home, bandage his cuts, and get to bed.

"Here, this is on the house, don't track blood in my shop again." The shop keeper briskly held out a large cloth
"Whatever" Sean snatched it from him and bandaged his wound, then left.

He started to head home with nothing but the clothes on his back, then he felt a bit odd not having a weapon strapped to his side, so he turned around and headed back to the shop, to at least find a price for a good sword.

"Hey! Show me your-" Sean stopped midsentence, the shopkeeper was gone. He heard some shuffling, but it seemed to heavy for the shopkeeper. Sean grabbed the best sword he could find, strapped it to his side and ran into the back room. One very large man, and a slender, pale woman sat with the dead shopkeeper in the corner. The woman held a staff, and the man gripped a cat of nine tails.
"Wha...who are you?!" Sean yelled.
"Drowsy!" Yelled the woman.
"Hah do you thi...you think th...tha..."
*Thud*

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:07 pm

[OoC: Strike 2 on God moding (unless it's an origional character like an NPC or something), nevertheless I give you one more chance (unless the mods banned you from this forum). Also it doesn't help if no one else is joining in.]

The mysterious man witnesses the woman dragging Sean off somewhere. Perhaps I should be of aid? Perhaps I should seek help. The mysterious man wanders off to find his earlier acquaintance.
---DarkMaster2101

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:51 pm

(OOC: Aw, we're not so strict that we're going to ban people just for that.
Why actually? Was that woman supposed to be your character?)

Ark shot right up in his bed. "That..."
He felt a stinging pain. "Ugh. Still recovering..."
He slipped out of bed and looked out of the window. Nothing. Yet he was sure he'd felt an energy spike just now. He frowned, turned around, and nudged Lana awake. She groaned. "What?"
"There's something outside..." He whispered. "Somebody... casting magic or something. There was something odd just now..."
"So what?"
"I've got a hunch. Come on, just for a few minutes."
She shook her head. "What've you been drinking, Ark? We've slept for barely three hours. I don't see how 'something odd' has anything to do with-"
"Shut up."
"And what do you think we can do with those injur-"
"Shut up! Just come over here!"
Annoyed, he drew back the curtains. The warm glow from the torches outside provided some light inside. He looked around and saw the two items Lana had come home with on the table. While Lana, albeit with protest, got out of bed, he picked up the vial and examined it.

Having fallen straight asleep without even removing her sword, there was no need for Lana to dress. She straightened up, walked to a bucket, and splashed some water in her face. She returned to find Ark gazing at the little bottle. "What the..."
She looked at him questioningly. "Hm?"
Slowly, he looked up. "Who is that man?!"
"If you've got something to say, then get to your point," she said irritably.
"This is a Goddess Tear!"
"So he said."
He looked at the liquid with amazement in his eyes. "This... is incredibly rare. One of the best healing potions there is. Man... you got lucky."
She eyed it doubtfully. "You're sure it's that?"
"What do you take me for? I can tell. It's not poison or anything else. It's safe, I can guarantee that."
She shrugged. "If you say so. You first."
He opened the bottle, and took a huge swing. He waited for a moment, then swallowed, and made a face. "Certainly a disgusting taste for a medicine like that."
Lana folded her arms. "And? Is the pain wearing off?"
"Medicine doesn't work instantly, genius. What do you think this is, a Miracle?"
"You're sure it..."
"Yes, I'm sure! Now stop complaining and drink! One mouthful should do it."
She sighed, but obeyed. Meanwhile, Ark checked the book. "So what's this..."
He skimmed through the pages. There were some diagrams and some complicated writing. Meanwhile, Lana wiped her mouth with her sleeve. "It tastes quite good, actually."
He shook his head, not taking his eyes off the book. "Crazy girl..."
She folded her arms. "So? Did you wake me just to go reading books, or-"
"Oh right!" He closed the book, and led the way outside.

On the streets, he led her a few blocks away, then came to a halt, seeing movement on the street. "Who's there?"

Rezic
Knight

Postby Rezic » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:55 pm

(OOC: The female is my character yes, and the big guy isn't really much of a character at all.)

The feild was scattered with flames, clouds and smoke. Sean stood panting staring at his opponent. Fire brimmed from the soles of Sean's feet and blade, as he was about to make another attack. She stood there with water floating around her fingers, and clouds surrounding her feet. He attacked, she evaded and struck without effort. The water, as well as other things, calmed Sean's flames. Soon, all the fire and clouds faded. Sean smiled and hugged her. He grabbed her hand and walked across the field.

*shing*

Her hand fell from his, he turned and saw her on the ground, a sword through her chest. A dark figure stood in the distance, and summoned his sword. Sean's eyes glowed with the intensity of the sun, and his body was engulfed in flames. He charged the figure, only to watch him vanish....

His eyes snapped open, still glowing slightly and settling down. Sean found himself bound in a dark room, only from the glowing of his eyes did he catch some surroundings. A large box was to the right of him, and a small crate to the corner in the left. He was a perfectly square room, bound by ropes in the opposite left corner. He was going to try moving over to either the crate or the box to see if anything was useful, but a door opened.

"You're awake..." said a female voice, her figure was silloueted by the light from the other room. "Where is it Sean?"

"Wh...who are you?"
"Where is it!?"
"Where's what?"
"Where is Dual Blade?"

Dual Blade.... how long has it been since he had be charged with weilding that blade. Only once did he slay with that blade, then he sent it into the ocean.

The ocean...

"I don't know where Dual Blade is."
The woman whipped Sean across the face. "You were the last to weild it, where did it go?"
"I don't know! All I know is it's somewhere in the ocean!"
"In what part of the world did you throw it!?"
"I don't know! It was years ago, and it was only moments after that that I had blacked out! My memory is hazy from Dual Blade's waves! Who are you anyway!? Why are you doing this!?"
"You don't need to know my name... you'll be dead shortly, you are of no use to me."

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:45 pm

Lana strode forward, her hand on the hilt of her sword. She came to a sudden halt, nearly bumping straight into a man. She nearly lost her balance. "What the..." Looking up, she recognised the mysterious man from earlier. "You again!"
Ark walked up to them. "Hey, who is it..." He saw the man 's face and gasped. "No way..."

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:42 pm

"Hello Ark, are you feeling better now?" Said the mysterious man. "Since you're obviously running now I could assume yes, but I don't like assuming."
---DarkMaster2101

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:16 am

"No... way..." Ark repeated, his eyes wide in shock. No. Way. What the hell's he doing in a place like this?
"Sir..."
"Ark! You know this guy?" Lana cut in.
Ark turned from the man to her. His eyes narrowed. "Never seen him before, why?"
"Of course not," Lana said sarcastically. She looked at the man. "Up late at this hour, aren't we? So how do you know our nam-"
Ark pushed her aside. "Excuse me, sir. Could you tell me if there is something going on around here? I... sensed something. Have you seen or heard anything, by chance...?"

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:41 am

The mysterious man grinned and said, "it looks like your adversary earlier was taken west into the woods and was never seen again. At least until now." He turns around and looks at the golden-orange sky. "It's going to be dark soon and a full moon to boot. Let's hope it's not were-wolf country."

The man takes a few steps opposite of Lana...

[Reluctant to GM, must resist temptation.]
---DarkMaster2101

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:29 am

(Yeah, I can understand... But you could end your post inclining others to do something. For instance, rather than "He turned around and she followed him",
"He turned around, beckoning her to follow him."
Y'know?)

Lana looked as if the man had spoken in Chinese. "Adversary...?" she repeated, her face full of incomprehension. "What the hell does that mean?!"
She rounded on Ark. "And what are we doing here anyway? So someone got kidnapped. Who cares? How does that have anything to do with us?"

Ark chuckled softly, earning himself a glare from his companion. "What?"
"Lana. It's not the guy who got captured I'm interested in, it's the captor. That energy spike... Whoever released it must have... quite some interesting power."
Lana groaned. "So you're after some 'interesting' subject again to learn from? You had to wake me up for that? Just because you're too pathetic to be able to defend yourself..."
Ark cut in, "Oh, I just figured you might be interested to come too. This captor of ours... should have some interesting strength, as well, wouldn't you say so?"
Lana thought for a moment, then grinned. "Perhaps the trip to this rundown town might pay off after all."
She faced the man. "So, where was he taken to?"

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:30 pm

The mysterious man grinned. "The one you seek is through the western wood, close to shore." Ark and Lana rushes towards the west.

"Oh before you leave..."

The cerulean haired woman fell oh her face. Very aggravated she turned around and condemned the man with her stare. "WHAT!?!?!?"

"Do you know about Dual Blade?" The man asked. he withdraws his pocket watch, opens it, and says, "Well for another time then. Sean's life is at stake. We wouldn't want any unnecessary blood shed tonight do we?"

You're the one who's asking for it. Lana thought.

"I'm sure we'll meet again. Tell Sean I said 'hello' for me." The man bows, turns an one-eighty, and walks away fading into the night.
---DarkMaster2101

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:00 pm

Ark turned after him. "Sir! Aren't you... coming too?"
Lana shrugged. "Peh. Who needs him anyway."
She turned back to the forest. "So this Sean guy he mentioned is the one who was captured?"
"By the sound of it, yeah."
"Well, let's get going then." They ran back in the forest, in the mentioned direction. The forest was quite silent, as the last rays of light from the setting sun disappeared and night broke.
The forest had a certain eerie feeling to it. There was no creature to be seen or heard. More to break the silence than anything else, Ark said, "Odd man, wasn't he?"
Lana scowled. "He really pissed me off. How the hell does he know us, anyway? And how does he know so much about the capture? He's pretty suspicious if you ask me."
"Ah well-"
"Well, I won't ask you how you know him, since I don't really care."
"Hey!" Ark shouted. "How did you...?"
Lana rolled her eyes. "Genius. Any idiot could tell after that conversation."
Ark started to object, but Lana gave him a shove. "Come on, get a move on!"
They ran on through the forest for half an hour, without meeting a soul. Finally, they reached a clearing. The sight that greeted them was quite a surprise.

Return to “The Roleplay”