Advent Shadows: Arek's Romance

Online roleplaying takes place in this board. No out-of-character posts are allowed here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:58 pm

(Yup, double post due to lack of activity... Come on, guys! Let's not abandon the RP again!)

They were facing what appeared to be the remains of a small wooden house. A thin line of smoke was emerging from it, indicating there had been a fire. What's more, there was a man in front of it, sitting on a wooden box, apparently half-asleep.
Ark surveyed the scene, aghast. "A fire?" He ran to the man. "Are you all right? What happened here?"
Lana looked around, frowning.
The man looked up. He groaned. "A few people passed by a few hours ago... one of them carrying what looked a lot like an unconscious man. I happened to notice them, and the back one noticed. I think they didn't like anyone spotting them. So... while the others ran on, the back one... attacked."
He shook his head. "Such power... I know a thing or two about self-defence, but there was nothing I could do. I was knocked out... When I awoke, this is what remained of my house."
"So they didn't kill you," Lana commented. The man shrugged.
"They as good as did, I'm nothing without my home."
Ark's eyes narrowed. "The one who attacked you. Did you know him?"
The man shook his head. "I could tell it was a woman... But her face was covered. I didn't have much time to observe, anyway."
Lana walked up to him, a glint in her eye. "Where did they go?"
The man pointed. "I wouldn't advise following them, but I don't really care anyway... anymore..."
Ark sighed. "Is there anything we can do to help..."
"Nah." He waved his hand impatiently. "I'll just-"
"That's good," Lana cut in, "'cause we can't offer any help anyway. Ark!" She ran off in the direction the man had indicated.
"Oy, wait up!"

After walking for a few minutes, Ark suddenly stopped. Lana turned around. "What?"
He pointed, and Lana followed his gaze. It was a tall heap of leaves, with a branch from a near tree hanging in front of it. Ark brushed aside a few of the leaves to reveal a small wooden door without a handle.
"How the hell did you-" Lana started, but then stopped and shrugged. "Oh well, who cares. Let's get on with it."
With a chop, she took care of the branch blocking entry. Ark whistled. He'd barely seen her draw her sword.
She kicked at the door. It wouldn't budge. She shrugged, and decided to do it her own way; two attempts were enough to ram open the door. She nearly fell down a steep fleet of steps behind it. Beckoning him, she led him down the spiralling staircase, finally reaching a second door. Before Lana could even try the doorknob, the door opened.
(All right guys, now we need someone to play the one who opened the door. Rezic seems the most logical choice, but maybe DarkMaster? Your char seems a bit out of the picture for now, anyway...

If anyone else wants to join, feel free, obviously! :))

Rezic
Knight

Postby Rezic » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:54 am

(I owe everyone involved a very sincere apology... my laptop had a very unappealing and visually imparing horizontal line across the screen, so I had to get a new laptop...I've had the new one for a while, in which I planned on briskly continuing this, but I have been fairly busy recently, but not so much anymore so I'm back for a while.)

The large man that had accompanied the woman stood in front of Lana, and quickly his face reflected anger and confusion.

"What the hell are you doing here!? Who are you? Get out, only Saraia and I are allowed in the prison cell!"

Lana chuckled, "hmm, you have the traits of a lackey my friend... Big, Stupid, and Bald.... your missing one very important quality...."

"I said get out! I don't care what you hav-"

*thud*

"..dead."

Ark's eyes widened, "Are you crazy!? You don't even know if this is where Sean was kidnapped, let alone if he was involved!"

All Lana did was point at a sign above the door that read:

"PRISONER #253
Sean
Sentence: Death"

(it's been a while, I don't know if this is considered GMing too much, but I figured I'd move the story along a bit >_<)

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:37 am

(Hey, glad to have you back! :D
Well, it was a little GMish, but seeing as it's all going so slowly, I don't mind that much for now. As long as we get somewhere.)

Ark's eyes were wide. "Man... what are the odds..."
Lana frowned. "Tsk, so he's either dead or close to it. What a bother." She shrugged. "Ah well, it's not like his rescue was really important to us, right?"
Ark hesitated. "Er, yeah, I suppose... Anyway, now that we're here, let's have a look around."
"Whatever." She wiped her bloodstained sword on the fallen man's trousers, sheathed it, and kicked the man aside. Ark eyed him, his eyes narrow. "He's not dead, is he?"
She shrugged. "Why bother killing him. If he stands up, I'll put him down." She started walking across the corridor, taking in the surroundings.
Ark looked after her, then smirked. "Yeah, right." He drew a knife from his pocket, kicked the man so that he rolled onto his back, and stabbed the man in the chest. Following Lana's example, he wiped the blade clean, then put it back in his pocket. He hurried after Lana, muttering to himself, "I'd rather play safe."

He caught up to Lana, who was walking along the corridor, where there were prison cells on either side. They occasionally heard snoring behind some of the cells, but no one seemed to be awake. There were number plates above the bars, in descending order. 291... 289... Finally, they reached cell #253. Ark frowned. "We don't know if they actually keep prisoner number 253 in cell number 253, but it's as good a try as anything."
They peered through the bars. It was difficult to make out any shapes with the scarce light coming from the lights that hung on the ceiling. Lana shouted, "Hey! Anyone there?"

Rezic
Knight

Postby Rezic » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:01 am

"What you think it's time to ki-!" Sean's face changed from angry to a mix of shock and annoyance. "What do you want woman? Are you stalking me or something?! Follow me to death just to get some sick and twisted satisfaction of victory?" Prisoners started to stir as his voice got louder. "Wait, how in the heck did you find me anyway? And more importantly...nevermind... Y'know you're starting to really annoy me.

Shinji_Hiroku
Soldier

(^^)

Postby Shinji_Hiroku » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:58 am

(Where to start, its always so hard to choose. Guess I'll just throw myself somewhere and go from there, usually works ^^)

(Walking through woods randomly) Ugh Im soooooooo hungry, if I could find a path maybe I could follow it to a village. WHY THE HELL AM I IN THE WOODS?! Oh yeah shortcut, well this shortcut is ASS! Hmmm? (noticing a handleless door near a bush.) A door? In the middle of the woods? There must be food! Hold on food Im coming for you. (Not even noticing the body on the floor as he walks in)

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:36 am

[Hey GD and Rezic! One word: Argue. Also this is a background event so everyone on the inside will not know this happened.]

A small boy in the shadows watched behind the door. The whispers of the breeze sway the trees of this full moon knight. "Yes, they might do," said the boy.

"Are you sure?"

A familiar shadow appeared in front of the child. The moonlight reflecting off of right eye. "I understand Sean, he is the latest descendant of Maxim to date. The other two I don't see fit personally. And the stranger who entered, would he matter?"

The child behind the shadows looked towards the sky and said, "the full moon is out tonight. We don't have much time before they arrive." He then turned to his loyal servant. "I'm sure you wouldn't mind helping them out of the woods for me, Seymour? They're no use in my plans if they're dead."

"Of course," said the generous Seymour. He bows to the boy and vanishes off.

Soon, very soon I will acquire my original power. Then humanity will know its place. The boy disappears.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Shinji_Hiroku
Soldier

(^^)

Postby Shinji_Hiroku » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:22 am

Why so dark, dank, and FOODLESS!? Sigh....(lifts eyebrow) Prison Cells? Crap that probably means I shouldn't be here. (seeing Lana and diving behind a corner) Oh this is bad, very bad.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:36 am

Ark raised an eyebrow. "Rather noisy, isn't he? Really, what kind of way-"
He was interrupted by a peal of laughter from Lana. "It's you?! You're the one that got captured?" She grinned broadly. "Who would've thought... Man, you really are pathetic..." Seeing Ark's questioning look, she said, "The guy I fought the other day."
Ark shook his head. "That explains his greeting." He turned to the prisoner. "You're Sean, then?"
Lana folded her arms. "So why are you in here anyway? Who captured you?"
Ark turned at the sound of someone approaching... and being rather noisy about it. "Who's there?"

(Yush, finally things are living up a wee bit!)

Shinji_Hiroku
Soldier

(^^)

Postby Shinji_Hiroku » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:35 pm

(Pauses for a brief moment) Uh...aw dammit (pokes his head around the corner) Hi you wouldn't happen to have any food for a poor traveler would you?

Rezic
Knight

Postby Rezic » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:01 pm

Sean scowlled, "Listen woman...Lana right? I don't know the name of who captured me, but I'm not gonna need your help to get me out. I've been in much worse situations. Just g-"

"Hi you wouldn't happen to have any food for a poor traveler would you?

"go and quit...Wait a minute..." Sean had to stop himself from grinning. "I know that voice. No way, Shinji is that you?!" By this time a number of the prisoners were up and complaining from all the commotion.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:22 pm

"The prisoners are escaping! Kill them! Kill them all!" A small legion of men, heavily armed men, surround the party. Each either wielding a blade or an axe with a shield. They're wearing simple black leather armor, but with a blood red emblem that looks like an island with a sword on the front pointing downwards.

Damn! There's now way out! Thought Sean.
[OoC: Yes I GMed for a bit, sorry but deal with it for a moment. Taste your own medicine for once (if I tease you, then I like you).]

"You idiots! Let me through!" A woman's voice ordered behind the strong arms. The woman is wearing a simple scale mail (bearing the same emblem on the chest). The woman is holding twin blades towards her sides and gripping two more behind her, with another pair of arms. Sean is shocked.

Is it that bitch from before...? What! She's got four ARMS!?!?!?
Last edited by DarkMaster2101 on Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
---DarkMaster2101

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:45 am

Sean scowled, "Listen woman...Lana right? I don't know the name of who captured me, but I'm not gonna need your help to get me out. I've been in much worse situations."
Lana rolled her eyes. "Quit your wining, we didn't come here to rescue anyone."
Ark nudged her in the back. "We've got company."
Lana grinned. "Now that's what I came for."
"The prisoners are escaping! Kill them! Kill them all!"
"You're a little early," Ark remarked. "We haven't freed anyone yet." He turned to the newcomer. "Shinji, is it? The inn's the other way, you must've taken a wrong turn."

Lana smirked at the woman approaching. "So you're the big boss around here, eh?" Her hand went to the hilt of her sword. "If you're not a coward, you'll fight me one on one now. This should be interesting..."

Shinji_Hiroku
Soldier

(^^)

Postby Shinji_Hiroku » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:48 am

Well (fully emerging form the corner) Inn's cost money, and money a department in which I'm lacking, anyway SEAN you deadbeat loser how did you end up in a place like this.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:32 pm

The four armed woman smiled, "I am going to enjoy this fight! It has been too long since I had a challenge." She turned to the legion, "The other two you can execute. The girl is mine."

The woman points all four of her blades against Lana and said, "You are going to regret fighting me. I am Shiva, the greatest blade master in all of Midland!" Shiva and Lana clash.

"Well you heard 'em, take 'em out!" Said the commander. The other strong arms rush Ark and Shinji.
[Thanks for mentioning it, GD]
Last edited by DarkMaster2101 on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
---DarkMaster2101

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:02 pm

(Um... Don't you mean Ark and Shinji? Sean's still behind bars... :P)

Ark's eyes narrowed. He moved closer to Shinji, muttering, "Hey... If you can fight, now would be a good time to do it. Looks like you're in as much trouble as we are, and I'm not really one for fighting."
Lana sneered at her foe. "Greatest blade master, eh? You don't want to know how many 'greatest sword masters ever' I've already fought. Most are all talk. So what about you? Hey, Ark!" she added. "Try not to get yourself killed while I take care of Four-Arms here if you can, aight?"
She jumped forward, and their blades clashed. For a moment, they were pushing against each other, then one of Shiva's other swords aimed for a blow. Lana jumped back and counter-attacked, but her attack was blocked. Tsk. Where'd she get four arms anyway? What a pain... Not to mention, she pushes harder then I do. Her eyes narrowed. So what about her speed...

"Shiva, is it? Well then, Shiva..." She raised her sword. "When I've defeated you, you can remember the name Lana Alekdias." She lowered her body slightly, preparing to strike. "Let's do it."

She ran, feinted a blow, then dashed around her. She slashed at Shiva's back before she could turn...

Return to “The Roleplay”