Worst Lufia Game?

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Worst Lufia Game?

Lufia and the Fortress of Doom
11%
Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals
6%
Lufia: The Legend Returns
34%
Lufia: The Ruins of Lore
49%

Total votes: 35

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:38 pm

Yeah, that's true. But the story's really good!

drago1500
Red Jelly

Postby drago1500 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:19 am

i would say lufia ruins of lore was the worst "lufia" game. the story wasnt as good

legend returns stayed with lufia story types sorta, but i only played it once.it had bad doungeons and battle, ancient cave was normal from what i can remember.

ruins of lore im replaying again, its pretty good but just like an rpg all by itself almost. storyline could use a little more work. its different than the other lufia's.

the storyline of lufia 1 was what made it different and better than all the other rpgs out there. it is my favorite one out of them all.

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:23 pm

drago1500 wrote:i would say lufia ruins of lore was the worst "lufia" game. the story wasnt as good

legend returns stayed with lufia story types sorta, but i only played it once.it had bad doungeons and battle, ancient cave was normal from what i can remember.

ruins of lore im replaying again, its pretty good but just like an rpg all by itself almost. storyline could use a little more work. its different than the other lufia's.

the storyline of lufia 1 was what made it different and better than all the other rpgs out there. it is my favorite one out of them all.

Actually, the battle system from Lufia III was the best one in the series, once you understanded the mechanics of it. If they would include that w/ the IP system from Lufia II, that would be an awsome battle system.

drago1500
Red Jelly

Postby drago1500 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:42 am

Alexia wrote:
drago1500 wrote:i would say lufia ruins of lore was the worst "lufia" game. the story wasnt as good

Actually, the battle system from Lufia III was the best one in the series, once you understanded the mechanics of it. If they would include that w/ the IP system from Lufia II, that would be an awsome battle system.
understanding it wasnt really hard, or setting up your characters either. i didnt like it cause it was too easy, i dont level up in games unless ive already played through em or just sick of the game itself and want to get through em. i like a good challenge

Hector of Ostia
Knight

Postby Hector of Ostia » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:05 pm

Everyone hates Ruins of Lore because, its Lufia without the Lufia feel to it. All ROL is a shantily assembled game with the "Lufia" title slapped on the cover, that isn't even a faint echo of the Lufia series' former glory.

The Legend Returns had potential but the development was lacking resulting in a poor follow-up to Lufia and The Fortress of Doom. It and ROL tried to immitate what marvelous gameplay Rise of the Sinistrals concocted. The avoidable enemy encounters, the puzzles, and even the IP. All were attempted to be recreated in the two games but to little avail.

What really burns me up about ROL is that it destroyed some of the story elements pre-established in the prior Lufia games.

In my opinion both ROL and TLR are shadows of something far grander and majestic, the classic two Lufia titles.

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:13 pm

ROL destroyed both the story elements AND the IP system that was so well-established from Lufia II. Period.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:51 am

Hector of Ostia wrote:Everyone hates Ruins of Lore because, its Lufia without the Lufia feel to it. All ROL is a shantily assembled game with the "Lufia" title slapped on the cover, that isn't even a faint echo of the Lufia series' former glory.

The Legend Returns had potential but the development was lacking resulting in a poor follow-up to Lufia and The Fortress of Doom. It and ROL tried to immitate what marvelous gameplay Rise of the Sinistrals concocted. The avoidable enemy encounters, the puzzles, and even the IP. All were attempted to be recreated in the two games but to little avail.

What really burns me up about ROL is that it destroyed some of the story elements pre-established in the prior Lufia games.

In my opinion both ROL and TLR are shadows of something far grander and majestic, the classic two Lufia titles.

I agree with you. I haven't played ROL yet, but I don't want to either. TLR was a disappointment.

What Alexia said about FOD a long time ago has a point. FOD had bad battles. I think the excellent story kinda compensates it, though.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:18 pm

When I started to play Lufia ROL (in Japanese) I thought it was great, I didn't know anything of the gamestory, I didn't even know there were no Sinistrals (I thought I would meet Gades in the old well) until I got by the Tower of Guidance in the end and needed a walkthrough because I had to make good sentences but couldn't read Japanese. The walkthrough said something like : "Blablabla this is how to make the right senteces blablabla go to Ragule and beat the last boss and congratulations! You've finished the game now blabla"
I enjoyed this game much more in 2002-2003, the puzzles are easy, the puzzles that are hard are easy too especially if you have played Lufia II before.maybe I played this game too much. Anyway it is still my fav GBA game after CIMA The Enemy, which is a much better game than ROL.

Lufia The Legend Returns
Ah, I really wanted to play this game, when I played it, I first didn't notice that the game had totally random dungeons until I was at the top of the tower of death, "Hey where are the puzzles?" that is what I thought:P. There was too much of the same. The "A-village-is-destroyed!-Oooooh!-I-can't-wait-to-see-what-has-happened!" feeling was gone and replaced with "A-village-is-destroyed!-Prepare-to-meet-Gades-because-he's-the-one-who-destroys-villages" I kinda rushed through the game in ten days. That was on ROM. I started to love TLR when I got the cartridge and finished it in 3 three days playing non-stop (I only stopped to sleep and eat)
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Hector of Ostia
Knight

Postby Hector of Ostia » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:26 pm

Guard Daos wrote:
Hector of Ostia wrote:Everyone hates Ruins of Lore because, its Lufia without the Lufia feel to it. All ROL is a shantily assembled game with the "Lufia" title slapped on the cover, that isn't even a faint echo of the Lufia series' former glory.

I agree with you. I haven't played ROL yet, but I don't want to either. TLR was a disappointment.

What Alexia said about FOD a long time ago has a point. FOD had bad battles. I think the excellent story kinda compensates it, though.

The first game in any series is almost always the hardest one to make. Lufia and The Fortress of Doom was a lot like every other RPG at the time for the SNES. Battles were a bit mundane but the story and the music kicked ass. It's Lufia 2 that really changed everything. In that game, they took everything that was great in FOD and made it even better.

Adding the IP system, the capsule monsters, and even the super enhanced Isle of Forfeit, which is by far the most original and ingenius idea ever concieved in all RPG history. When Natsume decided to help make the game, Harvest Moon style movements were incorporated making the puzzles reiniscent of the Zelda series. And to top it all off, it was a prequel, didn't see many of those back in the day of SNES did ya?

Dutch_Maxim
Red Jelly

Postby Dutch_Maxim » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:15 am

I say that the legend returns is worst on gameplay , and lufia Ruins of lore(Estpolis Gaiden) story wise, all was it nice to be back in the lufia 2 world. and have the old music back.
and storywise i heared that Lufia 3 has one of the better stories of lufia, But I don't know because I stoped playing It because of the random dungeons.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:50 pm

Lufia TLR has the best dialogues.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:25 pm

SinReVi wrote:Lufia TLR has the best dialogues.

Not the best, but the funniest.

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:59 pm

They were funny because Neverland somehow lost the ability to spell correctly during the translation.

Okay, so seriously it was funny, epsecially when Seena clocks Wain off the screen in one scene. :P

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:22 pm

You mean Natsume's spelling, they translated it.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Chaos
Villager

Postby Chaos » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:54 am

i didn't like the first lufia game Cause of all the random battles and my low level, however lufia 2 was far the best
What should i put in my sig???
I'm bored.

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”