DM advice

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Sage Maduin
Villager

DM advice

Postby Sage Maduin » Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:27 am

So I've played and beaten and loved the first 3 Lufias, so tomorrow I think I'm going to buy Lufia: Ruins of Lore.

My main question is, what monsters should I look out for to capture? What monsters do you all have fun playing with? Whether they're strong, useful, or just fun, tell me about them and where to find them. Thanks in advance!

Also, anyone know of any good Lufia sites that cover RoL more thoroughly? All the sites I find barely have any info. I'd love to find a sight that had thorough information on monsters that could help answer the monster related questions I just asked. Thanks again!
~Sage Maduin

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:27 pm

Muse - It can heal all HP in battles, too bad it appears very late in the game (or just let a Holiner transform)
Jelly Lord - He is not really good for battles but he looks cool
Golden Fox- Can be very handy in battle
Stinger- I catched him in Jungle Spire because he was annoying with that Needle Rain
Golden Core - Very handy for the last floors of the Ancient Cave
And I also caught a lot of dragons

I'd love to find a sight that had thorough information on monsters that could help answer the monster related questions I just asked. Thanks again!

there is a monster guide on gamefaqs http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadva ... 12906.html
Last edited by SinReVi on Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Lufia_player_2
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lufia_player_2 » Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:13 pm

The Black and Red Dragons are pretty fun to use, I don't remeber anything else.... I don't own it , I rented it untill I beat it. (Is looking for a copy)
"Nothing is a lost cause as long as there is but one fool who believes."

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Re: DM advice

Postby Naminé » Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:18 pm

Sage Maduin wrote:Also, anyone know of any good Lufia sites that cover RoL more thoroughly? All the sites I find barely have any info. I'd love to find a sight that had thorough information on monsters that could help answer the monster related questions I just asked. Thanks again!

Go to http://www.gamefaqs.com. There's probally some guides and at least one walkthrough there.

BTW, you will get annoyed at the game in the beginning (due to the cheap attacks the monsters will make), but if you play in 45 min.-1 hour incriments, it'll be much eaiser for you (I had to learn that the hard way).

Sage Maduin
Villager

Postby Sage Maduin » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:46 pm

Yeah, I'm actually a big GFaqs junkie, but I kinda found the monster FAQ intimidating in format. So thanks for the suggestions so far, I always enjoy hearing things like this, so if anyone wants to recommend or fondly remember pets they've liked, keep the posts coming! :smile:

Edit: Also, I've noticed even the first stage of a lot of the monsters I'm looking in to are found well over halfway into the game. What monsters do you all like for earlier parts of the game?
~Sage Maduin

Lufia_player_2
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lufia_player_2 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:04 pm

basically, deal with what you can for a while.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:08 pm

What monsters do you all like for earlier parts of the game?

Newt - You can catch him by the entrance of Mera Volcano, and since he is a water element you can use him good against all the fire monsters in the vulcan

Don't catch a Mousse S (he looks like Foomy) he is weak

Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Lufia_player_2
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lufia_player_2 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:50 am

catch what you want, it's your choice isn't?????

Sage Maduin
Villager

Postby Sage Maduin » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:39 am

Well yeah, I never said "Hey, force me to capture the monsters you like." I just like hearing suggestions of what ones you all enjoyed, just so I can keep an eye out for them.
~Sage Maduin

Lufia_player_2
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lufia_player_2 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:50 am

I was just saying..... sorry.

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:55 pm

Catch an anti-core (very late in the game). The anti-core DM has the best agility out of any monster in the game, however don't cath a red or green cube and transform it into an anti-core. It does not have it's superior agility then. You can transform the anti-core into a gold core (gold core gets better stats on level up anyway.)

Or a cyclops dragon and teach it octo-attacI mainly just use the golden fox because it's an exact replica of Foomy (Jelze, or whatever his name was) from RoTS.
Fan Fic Character of the hour:

Appears in: Guardians, Sapphire Awakens.

Cervius: A hero to his town. A patient fellow who loves to pull pranks. Cares for his younger brother. However... has a past that he can not forgive himself for.

Sage Maduin
Villager

Postby Sage Maduin » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:18 am

I apologize, Lufia_player_2, the way your post was worded I thought you were trying to slam the thread saying I was lame for asking other people's advice. No hard feelings, I hope.
~Sage Maduin

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”