Lufia Remakes

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Hector of Ostia
Knight

Lufia Remakes

Postby Hector of Ostia » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:55 pm

What's taking Nintendo so long?! Why won't they and Atlus remake Lufia 1 and 2 for the Gameboy?! Ever since Lufia 3, the sequels sucked and I've missed the classics.

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:14 pm

Because Nintendo has nothing to do with the Lufia series besides the fact that all the Lufias are on Nintendo systems? ;)

All that Nintendo does for third party games is license them for production on their systems. They don't have a say in the production of the game.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:49 pm

Atlus? Nooo! Natsume is better in translating! (I would rather have a good translation with spelling errors that a poor translation without spelling-errors.)
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Hector of Ostia
Knight

Postby Hector of Ostia » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:29 pm

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary wrote:Because Nintendo has nothing to do with the Lufia series besides the fact that all the Lufias are on Nintendo systems? ;)

All that Nintendo does for third party games is license them for production on their systems. They don't have a say in the production of the game.

But even so, wouldn't be nice to have both classic Lufia games remade for the Gameboy? Possible title: Lufia Chronicles: The Fortress of Doom and Rise of the Sinistrals.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:53 am

Make a remake from Lufia TLR with updated graphics and music, and with puzzles in the dungeons like Lufia II instead of the random dungeons (except the Ancient Cave:P).

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Dutch_Maxim
Red Jelly

Postby Dutch_Maxim » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:06 am

Hmm, I always hoped that they would come with a remake on GBA, or Gamecube.
Why did Taito let the series die.
I would even buy Lufia if they come with a lufia trilogy on game cube, with updated music and beyond snes 2D graphics for al three games.
Make the Battle screens more like in lufia 2 and give lufia 3 good puzzles and take away those random created dungeons.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:14 pm

If there comes a new Lufia it should be made by Neverland, not by Taito.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Hector of Ostia
Knight

Postby Hector of Ostia » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:44 pm

SinReVi wrote:Make a remake from Lufia TLR with updated graphics and music, and with puzzles in the dungeons like Lufia II instead of the random dungeons (except the Ancient Cave:P).

I'd hate to admit it but, TLR would have probably been great if it was made for the Advance instead of being one of the Gameboy Color's last games. Those lazy producers...

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:46 pm

They aren't lazy!!! The game was already delayed for so many times! Maybe Lufia TLR could be better than Lufia II, except the ending...

~ OUT NOW! 2010

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:13 pm

It would've been better if it weren't for the randomly generated dungeons. Nuff said.

Hector of Ostia
Knight

Postby Hector of Ostia » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:11 pm

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary wrote:It would've been better if it weren't for the randomly generated dungeons. Nuff said.

I hate those random dungeons. The only point they serve is so that you can beat Gades and steal his weapons and armor by beating him early.

Whatever happened to rigorous training? Instead you're using bombs and arrows to beat a major boss. And since when in Lufia do you ever use an item to beat a boss?! Madness people... Madness...

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:58 am

I really don't understand why Lufia I & II haven't been re-released for the GBA yet. Lufia II especially has such a large fan base - the game would sell like hot cakes.

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:32 pm

It's probably because Atlus / whoever thinks that L:ROL sucked sales wise, so Lufia I/II release would, or that the *majority* of the people out there want "mature", non-kiddy games (at least in the US).

Or you have "that game is teh suXors 'cuz it has stupid graphix's".

IMO, btw.

(it would sell good if they did it, but it will probably never happen)

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:20 pm

Alexia wrote:Or you have "that game is teh suXors 'cuz it has stupid graphix's".

Go to the GameFAQs Wind Waker board. You still here that from n00bs nonstop. It was so bad the EGM published an April Fool's joke in their last issue about Nintendo releasing a "realistic" Wind Waker.

And if anyone said that for any game, I'd take away all their modern systems and force them to play the Atari 2600 for the rest of their life. :P

Hector of Ostia
Knight

Postby Hector of Ostia » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:20 pm

Chris wrote:I really don't understand why Lufia I & II haven't been re-released for the GBA yet. Lufia II especially has such a large fan base - the game would sell like hot cakes.

You know you're right about that. Lots of times Atlus releases old school remakes to appeal to the fan base of the game: Riverside Ransom, Shining Force 1, etc.

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”