Lufia II -> Lufia RC -> Lufia TLR

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Lufia II -> Lufia RC -> Lufia TLR

Postby Naminé » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:49 pm

In the TLR instruction booklet (at least the US version of it), it said something about ruins from 50-100 years before TLR started.

Anyone think this has anything to do w/ Lufia RC?

KeiKusanagi
Hero of the Lufians

Postby KeiKusanagi » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:11 pm

Interesting. But as far as I remember, Ruin Chasers takes place 100 years after the Fortress of Doom. I do have a movie for RC if anyone knows Japanese.

http://www.rpgdl.org/est3/sec/est.html

I've always wondered what it ment. Maybe if someone could find out what it ment then it would shed some new light on Ruin Chasers.

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:08 pm

I remember that old trailer from years ago. As far as I know, Ruin Chasers has been canned. They kinda went with the idea in RoL, but I don't think they're going to revive something like that.
Dekar rules!

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:17 pm

KeiKusanagi wrote:Interesting. But as far as I remember, Ruin Chasers takes place 100 years after the Fortress of Doom. I do have a movie for RC if anyone knows Japanese.

I've always wondered what it ment. Maybe if someone could find out what it ment then it would shed some new light on Ruin Chasers.

It's 300 years after Lufia FoD
That movie has almost the same info as the info that's on Forfeit Island.

I don't really know about the ruins in the instruction booklet because I don't have the instruction booklet, but it is possible that the ruins they're talking about are just the Tower of Death, Tower of Illusion, Tower of Sorrow and the Tower of Twilight. Or maybe other Ancient Ruins like in Lufia RoL.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

KeiKusanagi
Hero of the Lufians

Postby KeiKusanagi » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:58 am

SinReVi wrote:It's 300 years after Lufia FoD

Wouldn't that mean there's a story of the Sinistrals between TLR and RC?

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:37 am

For 200 years after FoD? It's a possibility.
Dekar rules!

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:27 pm

SinReVi wrote:
KeiKusanagi wrote:Interesting. But as far as I remember, Ruin Chasers takes place 100 years after the Fortress of Doom. I do have a movie for RC if anyone knows Japanese.

It's 300 years after Lufia FoD
That movie has almost the same info as the info that's on Forfeit Island.

I don't really know about the ruins in the instruction booklet because I don't have the instruction booklet, but it is possible that the ruins they're talking about are just the Tower of Death, Tower of Illusion, Tower of Sorrow and the Tower of Twilight. Or maybe other Ancient Ruins like in Lufia RoL.

I know it said ruins, so it can't be the Towers.

I'll have to find it one of these days.....

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:46 pm

The story.
Growing up as a hunter was a simple life in Patos. Like everyone in the village Wain had a duty, culling of the minor monsters that wandered into the nearby fields. Like everyone in the village Wain knew nothing of the First Doom Island War or the broken ruins that date back 200 years. But one day a fortune-teller from a faraway shore confirmed on the unspoken truth that Wain alone had always known, Wain is unlike anyone in his village, Wain is unlike anyone in his world, and the dark pall swelling above the tower of death is unlike any other evil witnessed by a living mortal. While Wain never told anyone, he has always suspected that the path to his destiny was unmarked and difficult. That's probably why he always relished the simplicity of living in his village. Little did Wain realize that fate honed the skills essential for his survival, skills he would need to save his world.

Hey is this from the instruction booklet?

Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:07 am

SinReVi wrote:
The story.
Growing up as a hunter was a simple life in Patos. Like everyone in the village Wain had a duty, culling of the minor monsters that wandered into the nearby fields. Like everyone in the village Wain knew nothing of the First Doom Island War or the broken ruins that date back 200 years. But one day a fortune-teller from a faraway shore confirmed on the unspoken truth that Wain alone had always known, Wain is unlike anyone in his village, Wain is unlike anyone in his world, and the dark pall swelling above the tower of death is unlike any other evil witnessed by a living mortal. While Wain never told anyone, he has always suspected that the path to his destiny was unmarked and difficult. That's probably why he always relished the simplicity of living in his village. Little did Wain realize that fate honed the skills essential for his survival, skills he would need to save his world.

Hey is this from the instruction booklet?

Yeah, that was it. But I dunno if it meant 200 years before TLR, or 200 years before RotS's events ever happened.

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”