Lufia 2 Capsule Monsters

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

haaften
Red Jelly

Lufia 2 Capsule Monsters

Postby haaften » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:56 pm

Hi... Ive got an Quostion about master capsule monster i want to upgrade blaze but ive readed he only can be upgraded if he's on level 3 but mine is on level 4 can i still upgrade it or not? please help...

here read this : There are seven capsule monsters that you can find in you're journys throughout the realms of Lufia. Each is allied with an element, giving it elemental-based attacks. For example, Armordog, the flame capsule monster, has flame-based attacks, making it effective mostly against cold-based monsters.
Each capsule monster has 5 levels of power, called classes. Each class has more powerful attacks. Usuauly, only 4 classes are avaliable. However, the 5th, or Master, class can be reached by feeding specific fruits to the monsters at different stages. The fruit to feed the capsule monster, and when to feed it to him, will be listed with the monster's description.

Armor Dog
Attacks
Class 2: Tail and Burning Fang (Learned)
Class 3: Fang Attack, Iron Claw, and Flame Breath (Learned)
Class 4: Flame Punch, Burning Fang, and Flame Breath, which updates to Terminate.
(Master) Class 5: Burning Rain, Tailspin, and Inferno (Learned)
To Get Master Form: Feed him a Charm Fruit in his Wing Lizard form. You can find Armor Dog at the Ruby Cave, near where you fight the Tarantula. Armor Dog has some great attacks, but his defense power is only moderate and he runs away after absorbing about 50% damage. Great to have around if you're just experience building, but I wouldn't recommend taking him into places where he'll get beat up (such as boss fights), as he will run away long before he dies. However, Armor Dog is a generally good capsule monster overall.

Flash
Attacks
Class 1: Spear Revive
Class 2: Healing Kiss, Wink (Learned)
Class 3: Sacred Song, Restoration, Thunderbolt (learned)
Class 4: Sacred Song, Restoration (Upgrades to Purification), Thunderbolt (Upgrades to Bolt Attack)
(Master) Class 5: Dash, Antler Stab (Upgrades to Holy Thunder), Healing Aura (Learned)
Other Info: To Get Master Form: Feed him a Dark Fruit in his Sprite form. You can find Flash North Labrinyth near the Bound Kingdom (the place where Josef goes and Dekar has to rescue him.) Flash's big thing is healing. All of his special attacks, except for Thunderbolt and two of his Master attacks, heal. This is the guy you'll want around in the Ancient Cave, though he is considerably less effective elsewhere are healing spells are cheap in this game.

Gusto
Attacks
Class 1: Fang Attack
Class 2: Beak Bash, Iron Claw, Spiral Wave (Learned)
Class 3: Electro Bolt, Finale
(Master)Class 4: Iron Fist, Twister, Sonic Blast (Learned)
To get master form: Feed Gusto an earth Fruit in his Green Giant (Class 4) form. Gusto has several powerful attacks, mainly Spiral Wave, Elctro Bolt, and Sonic Blast, and in master form, Cyclone Wave. However, the main problem is that Gusto has a very, very low GUT level and will run from important (or any) battles after as few as one hit. Don't take him anywhere important.

Darbi
Attacks
Class 1: Trancemaker, Shriek (learned)
Class 2: Wolf Fang, Wolf Punch (upgrades to Sizzle Smash)
Class 3: Destruction, Mega Trident, Dark Flame (upgrades to Terminate)
Class 4: Sizzle Smash, Terminate, Dark Thunder (upgrades to Evil Aura)
(Master) Class 5: Dash, Dragon Blast, Eliminator (learned)
To get Darbi to his Master class, feed him a paradoxical Holy fruit in his Wolfman form. You can find Darbi at the Capsule Monster Shrine on the island west of Barnan (it looks like a tree.) An easy was to find Barbi is to submerge and go south from Ferim Kingdom until you see a crescant shaped land mass with a submarine hole in it. Surface and walk to the shrine.

Sully
Attacks:
Class 1: Radish Kick
Class 2: Perish Punch, Glow Knuckle (Learned)
Class 3: Fist, Heel drop, Shakedown
Class 4: Battle Anger, Head Butt, Stone crush (learned)
(Maser)Class 5: Battle Bow, Hammer Punch, tackle (Learned)
Sully can be found on top of Flower Mountain (where Selan finds the Pheripha and gives it to the little girl selling flowers.) In order to get Sully to his Master form, feed him a Breeze fruit in his Stonehead (Class 4) form. Sully, while fairly weak in his early forms, becomes powerful at Class 3, with Heel Drop, and Battle Anger (Class 4) is extremely useful - it does in the range of 700-1100 points damage to all opponets, and more to those weak against earth-elemental attacks.

Foomy
Attacks:
Class 1: Foomy Punch
Class 2: Foomy Punch, Head Butt (Learned)
Class 3: Foomy Punch, Head Butt, Tackle (Learned)
Class 4: Foomy Punch (Upgrade to Mega Punch), Head Butt, Tackle
(Master) Class 5: Fang Attack, Bubble Blow, Tail Smash (Learned)
*Is is just me, or has anyone else noticed that very rarely the master form resembles anything close to what monster it origonated from. Foomy appears to be the best example of this, going from bubbles to bubbles to bubbles to bubbles to golden snaky-looking thing.
Foomy, the first capsule monster you encounter, is also probably the most elusive. Found just past the shrine to Alunze Kingdom from Sundelton, I failed to find him (the first time playing) until right before fighting on Doom Island. his out-of-the-way placement in a rarely-explored area makes him difficult to aquire. However, in the early levels, Foomy IS worth it. he will take a fair amount of damage, but lacking any magical attacks, he makes up for it with lots of HP. In is 3rd, 4th, and 5th classes, he is acctully worth having around. To get Foomy to Master form, give him a Secret Fruit in his Foomy H (class 4) form.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Re: Lufia 2 Capsule Monsters

Postby SinReVi » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:05 pm

haaften wrote:Hi... Ive got an Quostion about master capsule monster i want to upgrade blaze but ive readed he only can be upgraded if he's on level 3 but mine is on level 4 can i still upgrade it or not? please help...

You can bring him back to class 3.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

haaften
Red Jelly

Re: Lufia 2 Capsule Monsters

Postby haaften » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:18 pm

SinReVi wrote:
haaften wrote:Hi... Ive got an Quostion about master capsule monster i want to upgrade blaze but ive readed he only can be upgraded if he's on level 3 but mine is on level 4 can i still upgrade it or not? please help...

You can bring him back to class 3.

how? *even in het nederlands :oops: *

als ik m op 3 zet kan ik m dan nog voeden?

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:01 pm

Ja, je moet hem voeden als hij "Ik zit vol." zegt.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

haaften
Red Jelly

Postby haaften » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:14 pm

ok.

Spiritual Me
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Spiritual Me » Sat May 06, 2006 3:55 pm

zou je me alstjeblieft wille helpen? >.> ik wil de nederlandse namen van die fruits weten.. aangezien de namen totaal anders kunnen zijn van de engelse namen =/
I used to be intelligent, education ruined me.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sun May 07, 2006 8:35 am

Raadselfruit - Secret Fruit
Windfruit - Breeze Fruit
Aardfruit - Earth Fruit
Vlamfruit - Flame Fruit
Toverfruit - Charm Fruit
Heilig Fruit - Holy Fruit
Zwart Fruit - Dark Fruit
Magiefruit - Magic Fruit

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Spiritual Me
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Spiritual Me » Sun May 07, 2006 2:13 pm

bedanktbedanktbedankt! :D now gonna try to get "M" For the first time in my life... and i complete the game about 4/5 times >.>

Spiritual Me
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Spiritual Me » Sun May 07, 2006 2:13 pm

sorry for this post, it used to be the same as the 1 above this one, its cuz i had to "Refresh" due to lag... sorry for doubleposting, wasnt my intention.
so I'll just make an useful post of this....
where do i find all the fruits? (not earth.. i got Gusto on M O.O)

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sun May 07, 2006 7:07 pm

Get 8 Dragoneggs and go to the Eggdragon. You can also get some fruit by winning fights on the little empty islands on the sea.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”