Lufia stuff in other N-land games

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:45 pm

more The other way around

(In Lufia DS everyone has a name, including random villagers)

- The grandma in the shop of Bound Kingdom is named Maira/Myra, she has the same name as the main character from Energy Breaker.
-Also in Bound Kingdom: The woman on the bridge in Bound Kingdom is named Monica. In Rune Factory 3 the sister of the main girl is called Monica.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Balzak
Villager

Re: Lufia stuff in other N-land games

Postby Balzak » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:07 pm

Bit of thread necromancy here...

There were a couple Rune Factory titles and Lord of Magna that have come out since this thread was last updated. Any new references in those games? I love this kind of stuff! :3

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:45 am

Top of my head... one of Charlotte's (Lord of Magna) fire attacks reminds me alot of the Firebird spell in Lufia II.
And that game also stars a red haired hero =P

Rune Factory 2: In the final dungeon there are statues that look similar to Gades in his official artwork of Lufia The Legend Returns.
Gades and RF2's final boss are
(Rune Factory 2 spoilers)god of destruction in their own game series

Rune Factory 3:
Not exactly a cameo, but in the English version, many characters share voice actors with Lufia DS characters. Bonus: Both the main characters of these 2 games, Maxim and Micah, are voiced by Todd Haberkorn. 2 of Micah's possible love interest are voiced by Caitlin Glass who also did Selan's voice. (Haberkorn also voiced Bismark in Rune Factory Oceans, though he uses a very different voice for him)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDBVVu1ihw0
Video of planting a Priphea seed in Energy Breaker.

Speaking of Energy Breaker, there's an inconsistency between that game and Lufia I (or maybe Roman just forgets things because he's getting old =P)
In Lufia I near the beginning of the game Hero tells Roman to tell Lufia that Priphea are blooming.
Roman asks "Priphea?" to which Hero replies that they are flowers, suggesting Roman has never even heard of Priphea before.
Meanwhile in Energy Breaker...Roman knows perfectly fine that Priphea are flowers! (for context: Lufia spots a beautiful flower and asks Roman what they're called)
He even explains Priphea are rare flowers not seen often these days, which were said to bloom on an island far somewhere long ago. (which suggest that Energy Breaker takes place in the same world as the Lufia games)
video in English: Warning! Energy Breaker spoilers! this video shows the ending/credits of this game https://youtu.be/BIPUFiu8CGI?t=4m31s

Not a Neverland game, but you can get Lufia in this Japanese mobile phone game I forgot the name of (you can get more characters from taito games in this game)

Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Milo
Red Jelly

Postby Milo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:04 am

SinReVi wrote:Not a Neverland game, but you can get Lufia in this Japanese mobile phone game I forgot the name of (you can get more characters from taito games in this game)

It's from Arkanoid vs. Space Invaders. :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkanoid_ ... e_Invaders

Balzak
Villager

Postby Balzak » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:31 am

Is the first appearance of any [published] Lufia-related stuff that's not on a Nintendo system of some sort?

Balzak
Villager

Postby Balzak » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:34 am

Balzak wrote:Is the first appearance of any [published] Lufia-related stuff that's not on a Nintendo system of some sort?

Wait I'm dumb, completely blanked on Fortress of Doom and Ancient Cave for mobile.

Balzak
Villager

Postby Balzak » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:43 pm

Going outside of the realm of Neverland, there's apparently a Lufia reference or two in the RPG Last Dream, among various other RPG references. Not sure about the sequel though.

Balzak
Villager

Postby Balzak » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:16 pm

Milo wrote:
SinReVi wrote:Not a Neverland game, but you can get Lufia in this Japanese mobile phone game I forgot the name of (you can get more characters from taito games in this game)

It's from Arkanoid vs. Space Invaders. :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkanoid_ ... e_Invaders

This game is fun! (though the difficulty does rather ramp up on a bit of a curve)

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”