HELP CANNOT GET PAST DRAGON MOUNTAIN =(

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

MaximRevived
Red Jelly

HELP CANNOT GET PAST DRAGON MOUNTAIN =(

Postby MaximRevived » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:39 am

Hello, kinda new here.. heh I am amazed to see that there is still posts about this ancient SNES game floating about, and that they are all recent posts up-to-date.. WOW! :o

Anyway to the point, im stuck on this stupid retarded shoot the grass with fire arrows puzzle on dragon mountain, this is virtually impossible for me, especially because im using a ROM/Emulator to play this game.. not to mention you can only push 1 key at a time on the keyboard.. *sigh*

it has been alot harder than you would think to play this kind of game on the PC, but does anyone have a solution for this puzzle?? I dont know how any of you have beaten this part, it seems I shall be stuck on this stupid friggin' puzzle for days on end.. HELP!! -Thanks!

:)

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:52 pm

Hah! The Lufia Community is still alive. There are still a lot of Lufia fans, more than you probably expect. :)
Anyway, welcome!

Now then, I've been stuck on this puzzle on both of my playthroughs. On Gamefaqs, there are some guides that explain in detail every step you are supposed to take there. That should help. Good luck!

devonm042690
Knight

Postby devonm042690 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:36 pm

Here is the solution & a key for easier understanding.

Solution:
RDDDDD(L)F, LF, DR(U)F, LLLL(D)F, UF, RRRR(U)F, (D)F, LL(D)F, RR(U)F, LU(L)F, DL(U)F, (D)F, RR(U)F

Key:
R-Move Right
L-Move Left
U-Move Up
D-Move Down
(R)-Turn Right
(L)-Turn Left
(U)-Turn Up
(D) Turn Down
F-Shoot Fire Arrow

Hope that helps all who are stumped by this puzzle.

MaximRevived
Red Jelly

Postby MaximRevived » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:21 am

I got to the last plant and it cheats, it finishs before I can take a pivot upward, and shoot... what the hell??? Must you have perfect timing??? this is rediculous!

MaximRevived
Red Jelly

Postby MaximRevived » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:26 am

Oh, I finally solved it... 2 minutes after posting this.. heh.. sorry for the impatience and nervewracking expression of anger :P

It seems you left out a little somethin' somethin' you forgot to put a bomb on the last plant, (THIS REALLY HELPED)

this is how the code really should look.

Solution:
RDDDDD(L)F, LF, DR(U)F, LLLL(D)F, UF, RRRR(U)F, (D)F, LL(D)F, RR(U)F, LU(L)(Leave bomb inbetween plant #6 & #5)F, DL(U)F, (D)F, RR(U)F

or in other words:

1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9 (These are the plants)

MaximRevived
Red Jelly

Postby MaximRevived » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:30 am

Also.... what is with the wall that you blow up, it regins to fast, and I noticed that bombs take 6 swings now to blow up in this room at the top of the mountain (Right before the save, right after the retarded shoot the grass puzzle)

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:54 am

You can clear the puzzle with only your sword and fire arrow you know :P

If you destroy the wall you'll be able to do a puzzle and if you clear it, you'll get 4 items. You can also get some other treaures too.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Xargon
Red Jelly

Postby Xargon » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:04 am

Ahh, I remember that fire arrow puzzel, I never formulated a way of completing it, just dropped lots of bombs and shot lots of random fire arrows!

And I never completed the slide puzzel behind the wall, impossible!
*I doubt you could find a signature more pointless than this!*

Fiction Editor of

TonLars
Villager

Postby TonLars » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:51 pm

yeah this is one can be tough, after a few tries though you should know exactly where the plants order of popping up is, but then toward the end it is very important where you step to be in position for the very last couple plants. This is considering only using sword and arrow, im sure if you use bombs that can help, I never did it that way though.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:19 pm

Very friendly of you to help, but might I point out that the last post in this topic was exactly three months ago? :P

TonLars
Villager

Postby TonLars » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:38 pm

haha yeah i know, i just found a place i could make a post, i only have 6 so im getting closer to your 2046

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”