Lufia III - Ancient Cave

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jmccrack
Red Jelly

Lufia III - Ancient Cave

Postby jmccrack » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:13 pm

What is the story behind the Iris Treasures and Iris in the Ancient Cave. I don't want to fight all through the AC, but somebody told me that it was about some goddess named Iris. I just want to know as much of the story as I can from it (without having to fight through 200 levels)

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:51 am

It is Lufia TLR not III!
There is a rainbow Goddess Iris and the iris Treasures are probably hers.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

jmccrack
Red Jelly

Postby jmccrack » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:33 pm

Lufia TLR...your right...I'm sorry. But does this Iris tell you anything about the treasures when you fight her? Does she call herself a goddess?

KeiKusanagi
Hero of the Lufians

Postby KeiKusanagi » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:51 pm

If you've played most of the Lufia series you should know who Iris is ^^ As for whether it's her treasure or not, I'd say so, considering she's at the bottom of the cave in TLR. She is a Sinistral :o (Tries to remember the Lufia II opening when Arek says something about who should rule "Humans or we Sinistrals" but SinReVi would know more than anyone)

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:02 pm

Iris from Lufia TLR is NOT the Iris from Lufia II. This Iris is not a Sinistral but a goddess. (Sinistrals are gods too, and they are known as the Mad Gods in the jap versions)

Iris from Lufia II is spelled Airisu in the the Jap version.
Iris from Lufia TLR is spelled Irisu in the Jap version. (Iria doesn't exist, Natsume can't spell, I checked a jap rom and she is just Iris there)

When you defeat TLR Iris, you'll get a Rainbow Amulet. TLR Iris has also a Rainbow attack. All Iris treasures from Lufia II are spelled Irisu, so they are probably hers.

TLR Iris does mention Lord Alekdias (Alekdias is just Arek's jap name).

Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals

~ OUT NOW! 2010

KeiKusanagi
Hero of the Lufians

Postby KeiKusanagi » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:56 am

Before I die, I'm going to learn something about Lufia that not even YOU know >_> and I'll be like "Bwhahaha" and stuff and then you'll be like "Hax!" and then I'll get smacked for posting something this stupid.

jmccrack
Red Jelly

Postby jmccrack » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:00 pm

Is it possible to find saved games where I can fight TLR Iris without doing the hard work of the AC...or perhaps y'all have one you could email me. I realize that is kind of lame, not earning it and all, but I just don't have the time and it's basically for a fanfiction thing I'm writing.

jmccrack
Red Jelly

Postby jmccrack » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:06 am

SinReVi...you are awesome! Yeah, thanks for the info...I like to stay as close as possible to these types of things and see how I can use my own ideas within ones already there...so you've been a great help.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:23 pm

The dialogue I have awaited for so long! Thanks, Sinrevi!
Only... I had expected her to tell some more about Arek... ah well, pity. Great job on getting these anyways.

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”