Do you still regularly play Lufia games?

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Yes.
58%
No.
42%

Total votes: 12

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:43 pm

I voted for NOOOOOO! I mean: I voted Yes! (ofcourse!)
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:08 am

I'm afraid I'll have to admit... not regularly anymore, no. Once in a while, but not regularly.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:16 am

I certainly wish I could play them more than I do. I tend to play them the most in the summer holidays, and I have 14 weeks off this year. ;)

KeiKusanagi
Hero of the Lufians

Postby KeiKusanagi » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:26 am

I don't play as much as I like to, but I still keep the games on hand when I need to ^^

TheBradshaw
Soldier

Postby TheBradshaw » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:38 pm

Yes I do actually. I even made sure to buy something for homebrew to play these gods on the go. That being said, not to worry, I have the actual game naturally.

I don't believe that anyone can perfect the perfection that is Lufia.

(I also play Twilight, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, other's of course.)
Lufia IV Development @ http://lufia4.wordpress.com

Lavinseer
Red Jelly

Postby Lavinseer » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:27 am

I do try to play the classics on a regular basis because to me the 'latest and greatest' ones aren't up to snuff anymore, at least they aren't in my mind. To me Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals was the best one out of the series. I haven't played any of the ones that have been released on the gameboy.

TheBradshaw
Soldier

Postby TheBradshaw » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:04 am

Let me be the first to tell you that when you finally start the Gameboy ones... Keep in mind that Lufia 2 is the best one in the series and it only goes down hill from there. Let me break it down for you.

In order of Gameplay and Overall Game Design

Lufia 2: It's perfect in my opinion and, to me, the best RPG ever made with a perfect balance of everything.

Lufia 4: It has all the ingrediants to be an amazing Lufia game. The battle mode is changed up a bit with Mosters and stuff= whatever... the battle's a bit slow.

Lufia 1: Nothing THAT wrong this the gameplay in this one, you gotta start somewhere but you still walk slow and can't aim logicly in battle by pressing A constantly.

Lufia 3: lol, Not for people that don't have that much patiences. There's a lot to learn with the battle system but once that's delt with you're left with the biggest issue of the game: Random Dungeons.

In Order of Story Quality

Lufia 2: It's simply touching and does SO much justice to the first game. Again Perfect.

Lufia 1: It's the original and you can't really argue with that.

Lufia 3: I find that this is a clear tie for second due to the fact that I felt this story answered quite a bit of questions for me and opened new ones. Amazing story, Amazing sequel and very good character development.

Lufia 4: lol, if you're a Lufia fan... you'll know exactly what I mean when I say that they could have named this something totally different and no one would have cared. I mean, it's VERY hard to follow the story. There's no touching scenes whatsoever. I felt like, as a Lufia fan, I kept trying to find deeper and hidden meaning in that game for like 2 years and found nothing.

Chronologicly... if you care...

Lufia 2 Rise of the Sinistrals
Lufia 4 Ruins of Lore
Lufia 1 Fortress of Doom
Lufia 3 Legend Returns

Why all this useless crap... I was bored.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:35 am

I think I agree mostly. Though most of the people will know this already... -_-

By the way, Lavinseer... why do you have a picture of CIMA in your sig with the word Lufia on it? :P

Lavinseer
Red Jelly

Postby Lavinseer » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:33 pm

Guard Daos wrote:I think I agree mostly. Though most of the people will know this already... -_-

By the way, Lavinseer... why do you have a picture of CIMA in your sig with the word Lufia on it? :P

CIMA? I beg your pardon but what does CIMA stand for?? Anyway, are the game boys ones worth the money? If you've stated they aren't that good then is there any use to buying them? I didn't even know the series was still in existence - I thought it had died with Lufia 2.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:25 pm

it's just ... CIMA So far I know it doesn't stand for anything:P

~ OUT NOW! 2010

TheBradshaw
Soldier

Postby TheBradshaw » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:41 am

I personally can't disagree with the sig, I think that's what Lufia 4 should've looked like.

Phh, first time I saw Cima, I thought that it was sequel to Lufia... but with a new name.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:57 pm

Yes.
50% [ 4 ]
No.
50% [ 4 ]

:P It keeps staying at 50% and 50% .

~ OUT NOW! 2010

KeiKusanagi
Hero of the Lufians

Postby KeiKusanagi » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:04 am

I actually just did Lufia II's ancient cave today (This post inspired me :D ). Did it with Maxim, Tia, Lexis, and Arty. Didn't go to badly, got Stronger around floor 20 or so and a lot of the stronger elemental spells (Thunder, Ice Valk, Firebird) every couple of floors. Around 40 or 50 I got Absorb (saved my life, keep using spells with Tia). Finally on floor 83 I got Champion (A bit late but still useful)

-Blue Chests-

Dark Mirror
Dia Ring (Already had two)
Mega Axe
Spido Jewel
Snow Sword

(Ended up not saving because I accidentally fed my cap. monster my only Fry Sword -_-)

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:14 pm

Lavinseer wrote:Anyway, are the game boys ones worth the money? If you've stated they aren't that good then is there any use to buying them? I didn't even know the series was still in existence - I thought it had died with Lufia 2.

I say Lufia: The Legend Returns certainly is worth buying. True, it's not as great as the others, but still a good Lufia game. As for RoL... I never touched it, after everything I've heard about it.

Zifanite
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Zifanite » Wed May 09, 2007 12:28 am

I have played all 4 of them. Lufia II is certainly the best. Lufia 1 is alright, however Lufia III is infuriating, it has some certain stuff that is interesting, i didn't mind the battle system or how you can get the egg dragon to join your team, but the graphics looked to cartoonish for my liking and the random dungeons were ridiculous. I also preferred Lufia II IP system. Number 4 is so so, however there are no random battles, no egg dragon, no dragon eggs (as far as i can see) and no really difficult puzzles. Anyway

Yes, i do still play Lufia. I still keep doing the Ancient Cave, it's the most interesting part. One random dungeon in the game like that is better than a whole game of random dungeons

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”