the legend returns

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jorj82
Red Jelly

the legend returns

Postby jorj82 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:20 pm

this is actually the first time i've played this game, and i beat it. now i'm on the retry and i wanna beat gades to get his gear. all over the net it says that i need hi-bombs and thats a problem. i can't buy them yet!! :x has anyone actually accomplished this? any input would be appreciated thanx.

LufiaGamer
Red Jelly

Postby LufiaGamer » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:54 pm

I just did this task this morning. The only way to build up the Hi-Bombs is to keep trying to find them in the Tower of Death before you fight Gades. They are kind of rare though and it took me about two hours or so to build up 9.

Save at the bottom of the Tower of Death and keep going through the tower repeatedly, checking all treasures and grass until you accumulate at least 8 or 9 Hi-Bombs. Save along the way on the first floor of the tower as you find them.

Once you've gotten 8 or 9, make sure you also know Head Crush. The strategy to beat Gades with is to use Head Crush and a Hi-Bomb in the first round. Then both characters keep using a Hi-Bomb each round until you beat him. Hopefully, when Gades does attack on the fifth round, he'll only kill one. You can help that by moving one character to a different row right before Gades attacks on the fifth round. Good Luck.

There are several ReadMe's over at GameFAQs that also explain this.

jorj82
Red Jelly

Postby jorj82 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:23 pm

hmmmm... i guess i'm just unlucky, because i've been going up and down those 5 floors cutting everything for 2 days now and i've found two hi-bombs so far. is there an editor or a cheat code i can use to force them to be in chests or something? i've read all the info @ gamefaqs and rpgclassics (they've got me through quite a few tough spots in many games), but playing fair doesn't seem to be working. :?

LufiaGamer
Red Jelly

Postby LufiaGamer » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:38 pm

The only other way is using that Equipment Hacking FAQ at GameFAQs. I'm not sure which editor he was using though.

jorj82
Red Jelly

Postby jorj82 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:19 pm

wow this game is HARD!!! but thats why lufia is better than final fantasy. "the greater the danger, the greater the reward"lol

thanks for your input, lufiagamer!! wow thats one hell of a shield!!! :D :D

JDWitchdoctor
Villager

Postby JDWitchdoctor » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:39 pm

Yes it is.

I remember when I first built up to beat Gades...good times, they were. Aye.
"Glory is Fleeting, but Obscurity is Forever."

Zifanite
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Zifanite » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:27 pm

If you build up to fight him chances are the next few dungeons will be too easy and you'll get bored. (i get bored anyway cos i'm sick of every dungeon being random, but hey, that's just me.)

elf_queen
Villager

Postby elf_queen » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:24 pm

Man Im about to fight Gard daos in the game HE IS HAAAARRRDD FIGHT.

faust
Soldier

egg dragon

Postby faust » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:15 pm

the egg dragon is really hard but if you get the croquettes it is easier

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:18 am

Heh. I never actually bothered trying to defeat Gades. I can imagine it giving you a great feeling of satisfaction, though. ;)
I did defeat Gades on the first fight in Lufia II. That wasn't exactly a walk in the park either...

LufiaGamer
Red Jelly

Postby LufiaGamer » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:56 pm

The Legend Returns was fun. I did beat the Egg Dragon and just for fun I had saved my game before I finished the entire game and I 'm currently heading to floor 200 of the Ancient Cave to tackle Iris.

Having several characters know Final Dance helps allot against bosses. You can take away much HP at the start of the battles.

I also just found a used copy of Ruins of Lore at a GameStop near me. I'm looking forward to playing it (4th Lufia adventure for me).

An under-rated but fun RPG series. :)

Zifanite
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Zifanite » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:36 am

I would have saved the money and not bothered with ruins of lore to tell you the truth

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:26 pm

Aye. I've never touched it.

LufiaGamer
Red Jelly

Postby LufiaGamer » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:22 pm

Zifanite wrote:I would have saved the money and not bothered with ruins of lore to tell you the truth

I've heard it may not be as good as previous ones, but for $9.95, I figured what the hey. It will give me something to do in my spare time. :wink:

Zifanite
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Zifanite » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:12 am

i suppose, if you're going to buy it it deserves to be in the bargain bin

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”