Dammit, I will make the next Lufia!

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

TheBradshaw
Soldier

Dammit, I will make the next Lufia!

Postby TheBradshaw » Fri May 02, 2008 8:08 pm

Every few months for some odd reason I find myself tripping back into the world of Lufia no matter how many awesome Wii games or whatever-the-f*** GTAs come out.

And in the backround, I've been following this game that appearently has an online staff making it. But even with that, it looks like a Lufia 2 Expansion game. This game, Fourth War, will probably be kick ass, and I, with many of the other Lufia fans are going to Download this on day one. Yet, I find myself wanting someone somewhere to mak something distinctive, so with that, I keep waiting until that someboday does it.

Right now though, I'm done with waiting...

I will make the next Lufia.

Big words. Bigger Actions though.
Lufia IV Development @ http://lufia4.wordpress.com

Zifanite
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Zifanite » Mon May 05, 2008 8:05 am

Well, TheBradshaw, let me know your plan. Do you have a story? No need to tell me, however i want to know, how do you plan on making it. rpgmaker? personal coding? another game making program? What sort of graphics are you using? still lufia style graphics? is it going to be sort of like the old lufia styles in map wandering and stuff? if you are serious, and i do mean serious, let me know what is happening. If the actions are as big as you say, i may offer to help. And Dekar isn't a member of staff, however due to him making the game, he is a moderator for his game.

Zifanite

P.S. for future reference, this may be better in fan works.

TheBradshaw
Soldier

Postby TheBradshaw » Thu May 08, 2008 2:56 am

I've just started the game development.

I don't enjoy releasing progress or details very much, but here are some quick facts about the game so far:

-The name is "Lufia IV" so far, the game is later going to get a subtitle.

-The graphics will be 2D.

-Battle mode will NOT be turn based unfortunately. Instead, battle will be like Final Fantasy.

-The game will run in 320X200 resolution.

-A short demo of the game will come out on July 20th 2008.

I don't THINK that I'm going to need any help with development. The only serious obstacle I foresee happening is with 'sound effects'.

Zifanite
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Zifanite » Thu May 08, 2008 12:46 pm

Well, i guess i'm kinda busy anyway. A guide to getting sound effects from a rom, download Audacity (free sound edit program for windows, assuming you use windows), open the volume control (as in double click on the speaker icon), go to options, properties, click on the recording button and set to record from and make sure mono mixer is set, then go to the super nintendo emulator, open the rom, save state before the sound effect and turn off all the sound channels until you find the one that has only the sound effect

Foomy
Knight

Postby Foomy » Thu May 08, 2008 1:21 pm

ya see theres always one or two guys that are like yeah ima make the next lufia, but i think what we really need is for a bunch of us programmers and game developers here at lufia world to combine our efforts and create the greatest lufia fan game ever.
Don't make me cast you into the fires of oblivion.

Zifanite
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Zifanite » Fri May 09, 2008 12:45 pm

Well, we'll see. The problem is with that is the old story of too many cooks spoil the broth. The other problem is that 2 things may be done differently and if they do it can be difficult to fit them together to make them work. Like the wrong pipe for the wrong pump, individually they work fine, together they are inefficient. If it's a team that works well together, then sweet, otherwise people working with a small group with 1 person doing different parts of it works better (different parts like, programming, design, etc)

Foomy
Knight

Postby Foomy » Fri May 09, 2008 1:44 pm

this is very true but still it would be pretty sweet if we could join forces and make an amazing lufia fan game, kind of like the guys who who where almost sued by sierra because they wanted to make another installation in the kings quest series. but hey they won and now they actually have a demo of the game and everything. I think we could do it.

Zifanite
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Zifanite » Sat May 10, 2008 4:11 am

Well, while that is being thought out, if you want to do it, suggest it in it's own topic, on the forum i moderate i'd usually have moved this and created it's own topic for it. I'm sure TheBradshaw doesn't want to have plans for a different game in the thread about his.

Foomy
Knight

Postby Foomy » Sat May 10, 2008 9:11 am

well right now its just a thought, but maybe eventually it could be a reality

TheBradshaw
Soldier

Postby TheBradshaw » Sun May 11, 2008 10:14 pm

I don't care about other people talking about ideas for a Lufia game. I'm making Lufia IV right now, and let me tell you that it is hard, mostly finding the time and disapline. But that's fine, the whole idea is to get a Lufia game out at all cost.

Fouth War, I'm looking at you! Get your game out.

Remember- Lufia IV...

Coming July 20th, 2008

Zifanite
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Zifanite » Sun May 11, 2008 10:37 pm

Fourth War is going, it is still going, but it is a long job and not all of us have got the time you think we do. Dekar has some huge demands of his time and i'm not going to tell you what they are. I have 3 uni assignments due very soon then study for the uni exams. It is a hard time for us all and trying to make a high quality game at the same time....That doesn't make it any easier

TheBradshaw
Soldier

Postby TheBradshaw » Tue May 13, 2008 1:02 am

Same here I have a job, I'm going to school at the same time. Not easy I know, hopefully during the summer there's some free time for all of us to work more on these projects. "finding the time and discipline"

I would like to think of Fourth War as my competitor though, not because I know I can take his title down. It's because I DON'T know. I'm looking foward to the title, I know that it's going to destroy mine in a sense though- I'm taking a different approach to my title's development, and I don't know if that's going to work out in the long run or not.

Zifanite
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Zifanite » Wed May 14, 2008 1:46 pm

I can't see why it is competition. They are 2 games that if they both get produced will make the lufia community happy

faust
Soldier

Postby faust » Sat May 17, 2008 1:57 am

there is one game i found

Lufia Cult of Daos

which is an immediate cure for Lufia fever
is kinda short though

TheBradshaw
Soldier

Bloody Hell

Postby TheBradshaw » Mon May 19, 2008 3:18 am

I can't see why it is competition. They are 2 games that if they both get produced will make the lufia community happy.

I certainly hope so. The idea of competition is simply to push the development and quality of my title. I don't care really to hurt Fourth War at all. Like I said before, I'm downloading it day one.

BAD NEWS.

Recently, my computer got destroyed/crashed hard. I'm in the process of restoring it, and it's been hell... I don't think that I'm going to need to make a delay, but if there is one... that is why. Damn.

I'm working on an Asus EEE to make this game... I lost a lot. But the game's still going. ARGH!

I leave the couple Lufia IV fans with the title render. Don't be fooled the game is 2D.

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”