What about a Lufia I and II remake for the DS?

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

What about a Lufia I and II remake for the DS?

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:34 pm

I was thinking about when I get my position as Lead Game Designer someday. I was going to see if I could get a license to a Lufia I & II remake for the DS. I thought about the poll if Lufia I & II came out for the GBA would I buy it. Defiantly not because more than likely because the games would just be ports from the SNES games, just with crappy audio with a Game Boy baritone. The Sound FX would suck. The graphics would look exactly the same as they would on SNES. The only thing that would be added is face portraits to main characters text. Translation would probably be more accurate, but worse.

Lufia I & II would be on the same game card so it's two games in one! Yes! My DS remake (emphasis on the word REMAKE, and if I had a chance at it) would have little change in gameplay. Probably walk faster in Lufia I and touch screen controls for menus. Battle systems are identical as in Lufia I and II.

The visuals would be better (still 2D), probably based on Ruins of Lore's animated sprites. The artwork would be based on SNES except for the character portraits.

Sound effects would be improved. Audio would be arranged MP3 versions of the old MIDI versions.

Translation would be best left alone while fixing a few typos.

Lufia I would have a post game dungeon called Memories of Regret facing the master versions of the capsule monsters from Lufia II with the secret boss, while Lufia II's would be Survivor's Quest featuring Dekar, Tia, Lexus, and a familiar face. Lufia II's Easter eggs would foreshadow Ruins of Lore but only if you look for them.

Both games would have an anime cinema cuts scenes from the intro movie to around 5-7 key events that happens in the game. You can view them after beating a game's main quest.

Probably comes with a GBA video cartridge featuring the next gen preview movie of Lufia for the Wii. But I haven'd decided yet.

All this and more for a proper remake, sound good to you?
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:27 pm

Imagine that. I'd be left speechless if that actually happened...
Erm... that said, what are the odds of you being a Lead Game Designer one day? :P

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:31 pm

I'd love to see a Lufia I and II remake on DS.

Lexus

Lexis.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”