Kureji Lufia

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:41 pm

heh, and to think this thing literally blew up on GameFaqs because of a "certain" someone. XD
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:22 am

Starry made a big fuss about it yes, but he did have the right to do so. He just kinda overdid it.

nevertheless it's a fun patch. But it just has some major flaws in it which kinda takes away the fun for me in the end (the searing being a good example *glare*)

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:52 pm

yeah he had the right to, but he clearly just wouldn't leave it alone till Heavyarms said something to him... but meh, it's all over with now.

anyway, has anyone here beaten it?
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:17 am

I didnt get past Erim and I couldnt really be bothered to farm even more lifepotions. Everyone is at 999HP, and I dont think its the HP thats the problem. My major issue with her is the fact that she has a 1-hit killer, a move that nullifies ALL your buffs, a 1hp/0mp move, a move that strips the front row of their IP/MP, and a move the strips the entire party of their IP. None of those moves mentioned are really preventable by having more HP, and her normal attack moves (dark Fry, Zap) really dont kill anyone unless they're already at low HP.

Kronoan
Soldier

Postby Kronoan » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:10 am

Artemis, I'm having a problem with the 1.3 version of this patch, at least the difficult one. Every time I patch my ROM with it, it won't play the opening properly & boots me back to the opening screens. If I play without it patched it's OK though. Do I apply it after I start a New Game or am I doing something wrong? If you're still around please let me know ASAP, Thanks!
I Like Swords!

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

Time Can Be Your Ally, Use It Well!

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:10 am

Hmm, do you use the US version of Lufia? Because it might not work with other versions.

Kronoan
Soldier

Postby Kronoan » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:32 pm

Heh, I think I had accidentally been using the PAL version. I got a U.S. version & was able to patch it successfully. It was proven to be it when I got to the Lizard Man battle. I handled it OK. I'm currently killing Eagles over & over trying to get an Eagle Rock for the Catfish battle, I'm going to be saving beforehand & fighting him as long as it takes to get the Catfish Jewel. I have another couple of questions for you though, Artemis. I've been reading through the GameFAQs topic on this, & it appears you've accidentally changed a couple of useful items to be useless? Namely the Undead Ring & the Godly Equipment? I don't like that.

Also, I noticed that in Sundletan you've renamed the Cider to Booze, I'm too used to Cider even though it was censored, I personally could drink Cider although I don't know if I like it but I hate Alcohol, so I always liked the idea of the original game's name for that. Second, someone had sort of asked this in the topic but it looks like you missed the question & they never reminded you, when you changed a couple of enemies to drop different items, namely the Black & Gold Dragons I think, can their old drops still be found in the Ancient Cave? My guess would be yes but only you truly know.

My last question is, since there are things I like in the regular game & things I like about your patch, I had an idea. I wanted to play whatever parts I could, get S-Mystery Rings from No Cores, Blue Chest stuff from Gruberik, good items at the better drop rates, then I wanted to switch my ROM to my original one, & I'd probably make a Save State in a town along with a Save File. At worst I'd be able to keep everything from my Save State from a patch to the normal version, right?

Thanks for reading all of this Artemis. Talk to you later!
I Like Swords!

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:33 pm

Concerning the items I changed only some names, but the usefullness shouldn't be affected. Well, I made some minor changes with the Dual Blade and the Sea ring, but that's all. The Undead ring and the Pearl/Godly equipment aren't changed except for names.

Yeah, seems I missed that question (sry Volt^^). In the difficult version the Silver and Gold Dragons drop other items instead of their eyes. The old drops can be only found in blue chests now.

And about your idea: It's a very good one. :lol:
Unless you save in the midth of a battle (and maybe in the midth of some dialogues, but I don't really think so) you can switch your saves without problems between the original game.
So you also can get the Iris items way faster or you buy some stat increasing potions in Narvick and then visit the Sinistrals in the normal game... :twisted:

Kronoan
Soldier

Postby Kronoan » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:14 am

Cool, Thanks for your thumbs-up Artemis. Well, when I get the Undead Ring I'll check it myself. If it doesn't work properly I'll let you know & use it in the normal game. Thanks again for this new patch, it's definitely got some perks I like! Talk to you later!
I Like Swords!

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:58 am

Yeah, he didn't change that much properties of items. Just the searing and the dragon ring I think.

Kronoan
Soldier

Postby Kronoan » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:56 pm

Oh, OK Thanks Volt! How are you doing with the patch? I mean are you enjoying it, how far are you/have you gotten etc.?
I Like Swords!

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:07 pm

I quit the patch and lufia 2 alltogether after the gamefaqs incident. I lost my desire to play the game entirely. However, with the Fruely Hardcore I got up to Erim, with Gades beaten the first time. No cheats were used at all. No matter what I tried though, I just couldnt get past Erim, so I gave up on her. I analysed her moves up to her second stage, but since my party was WAY overpowered on speed, the bitch gets 6 turns in a row when she powers up, which kinda sucks with her being a goddess and all :P...

[edit]

I didn't go for the eggdragon either. I was way too annoyed when I found out I needed something as ridiculous as a Searing (for seamonsters) to be able to even damage him (hello, Dragon Ring??? Dragon Blade? LizardBlow???)

Kronoan
Soldier

Postby Kronoan » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:06 am

Oh, I see. Sorry to hear that you had to quit. I hope you enjoyed as much of it as possible first.
I Like Swords!

Superdreuzel
Knight

Postby Superdreuzel » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:54 pm

Hmm, Idura [2] got me pretty good..
Judt got killed again:|
Image]

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:45 am

I was just screwing around in Gift Mode (with cheats obviously), and I took a level 7 Maxim (leveled in the Tower) to Gordovan to face off with Gades. I barely survived Destructo-Wave wearing the Egg Ring - got left with 7 HP. My other equipment was Raiju Blade/Mirac Plate/Dark Mirror (Cursed)/Divine Helm.

On my next turn, I used the Divine Helm's IP to buy myself a turn to heal, and got some attacks off, in addition to every one of Gades' reflected attacks doing a couple hundred damage (as much as 800), but I died when he used Devastation. Would it be possible for you to add a "effect of skill X has worn off" message, Artemis?

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”