Kureji Lufia

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:36 am

Sorry, but I don't know much about how the battle system works.

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:08 pm

Ah. Well, it's not a problem careful observation can't fix. I think it was about 3 or 4 rounds.

Either way, I'm liking the patch so far. I want to get to Retry, so I'm speeding through the original playthrough with cheats, but I've died to Lizard Man, Catfish (I did more healing than attacking), the Red Clown (Round 2), and in both Gades fights.

I did manage to beat Frue Gades when I was around level 17, but I won't count that since I hacked 4 Egg Rings, a Zap Sword for Guy, and a Halo Sword for Selan. Even w/all that equipment, it certainly wasn't easy, and I can't wait to see him in action when I fight him w/out cheating.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:36 pm

Yeah, it's considered for Retry Mode, anyway. You could also use the included battery save to get it. :wink:

Well, and today I did finish off Frue Gades at level 40. It was a long and hard battle, but not too long to put it into a single vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0OP7gapgro

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:42 am

Artemis wrote:Yeah, it's considered for Retry Mode, anyway. You could also use the included battery save to get it. :wink:

I also have an AR code to unlock it (and Gift Mode), but that takes all the fun out of it. :wink:

That aside, how the hell am I supposed to beat the Revenge Ghost fairly? Between Hatred and the magic it uses (Doomcry wasn't an issue), the only way I found was for Guy to use the IP of the Old Helm (Hatred kept reflecting and did 1000+ every time), but I believe you can't even get it at that point.

Y'know, I just realized I never had the uncursed Dark Mirror on Maxim. I was wondering why he was getting killed by Doomcry, and nobody else was. lol. I'm not entirely sure it would've helped though, since Artea & Selan died from his constant use of Hatred.

I think I'm gonna tackle the fruely hardcore version after Retry.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:42 am

Revenge Ghost is one of these battles where his behaviour is dependant on your actions. As he complains that it hurts him, better don't hurt him too much.

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:37 am

Still in the original mode, but I'm past him and on the Ghost Ship. I beat it before, but I couldn't get past the Tank. That wouldn't have been a problem, but my last save was when you first come to Portravia, so I had to do it all over again (yay!)

Anyway, I'm noticing a problem with the Ghost Ship. Selan and Artea have the Uncursed Dark Mirror, which, according to heavyarms' FAQ, is SUPPOSED to provide Instant Death Protection, and it's not doing it all the time. I've been testing it with the following equipment setups on those two:

Selan: Lucina Armor/Dark Mirror (uncursed)/Indra Turban/Egg Ring/Gold Eye

in another setup for her, I replace Lucina with the Seethru Silk. I also tried with no body armor.

Artea: God Robe/DM Uncursed/Aqua Helm/Egg Ring/Gold Eye. In the other setup I tested, he's got the Silver Robe. Like I did with Selan, I also tried without him wearing any body armor.

I did some further testing and noticed the problem (of them dying) seems to arise in the latter equipment setups (No Body Armor/Seethru Silk/Silver Robe), whenever I have them use Dark Mist. I'm not sure if the skill is bugged to remove ID Protection, since it never happens whenever I have Maxim (wearing the Divine Armor) use it.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:14 am

Yes, Dark Mist seems to cancel out the protection sometimes. I'm not completely sure, but I think it's even worse as you not only can die, but also die at a probability of 100%.

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:54 am

O_o

ok - any plans to fix that? It's not really an issue unless you REALLY need to use Dark Mist.

While I'm thinking about it - did you change the way Dragon Eggs are distributed, or did I just get extremely lucky? I found FOUR in the Cave to Sundletan. Having done the Dragon Egg quest several times in TLR, I realize that it's possible to get more than one Egg to appear in the same place (provided you don't limit the # of chests you open), but I can't recall ever having four in the same place.

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:02 pm

yeah he edited that. I remember that from an old gamefaqs message ;). Its easier to find them.

Also Artemis, have you ever made Erim a little, ya know... easier and not neigh-impossible? I'm all up for a challenge but she is just not fun.

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:40 am

Volt wrote:yeah he edited that. I remember that from an old gamefaqs message ;). Its easier to find them.

Also Artemis, have you ever made Erim a little, ya know... easier and not neigh-impossible? I'm all up for a challenge but she is just not fun.

Fruely Hardcore Erim is that bad? I didn't really have a problem with her (in the Difficult Version), though my battle was pretty monotonous.

I buffed Maxim with Tweak from Selan and the Tweak Ring from Guy - I, um, took it out of the Ancient Cave (by using the Walk Through Walls code to bypass the NPC guarding the right door) :)

Maxim selected Wave Motion, then started attacking her every round. Selan kept using the Seethru Silk's IP for healing.

Daos beat the crap out of me though - Phase 2 is a Dark Reflector loving whore! Anyone got any advice for beating him?

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:25 pm

I made the misstake of having everyone at 999 speed. Erim gets 3 turns, which is bad enough already. But at a specific point, the sinistrals power up once, and then twice. What happens here is that, IF you survived up to that point (and yes she is gruesome in not-superpowered mode even), this is what will happen

Maxim/Selan/Artea/Guy attack
Erim attacks 3 times
*next turn, Erim powers up*
ERIM attacks first.
Erim attacks 3 times.

In other words she'll fry your ass with 6 consecutive turns :/... and her least-damaging attack deals a good 300dmg to all partymembers I think.

Gades and Amon are wimps, but erim.. holy brown stuff.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:06 pm

drcossack wrote:O_o

ok - any plans to fix that?

No, I don't even know enough about what exactly goes wrong there. Besides, I don't dislike it. :lol:

drcossack wrote:
While I'm thinking about it - did you change the way Dragon Eggs are distributed, or did I just get extremely lucky? I found FOUR in the Cave to Sundletan. Having done the Dragon Egg quest several times in TLR, I realize that it's possible to get more than one Egg to appear in the same place (provided you don't limit the # of chests you open), but I can't recall ever having four in the same place.

Volt wrote:yeah he edited that. I remember that from an old gamefaqs message ;). Its easier to find them.

The one thing I changed about the Dragon Eggs is that they cannot appear in the Ancient cave anymore.

I guess you confound it with the Iris Items which are easier to find instead.

Volt wrote:Also Artemis, have you ever made Erim a little, ya know... easier and not neigh-impossible? I'm all up for a challenge but she is just not fun.

Sorry, but Hardcore Erim is still as hard and cruel as before. But the Erim of the difficult version is supposed to be the toned down version. Maybe you should try her instead. :)

drcossack wrote:Daos beat the crap out of me though - Phase 2 is a Dark Reflector loving whore! Anyone got any advice for beating him?

I guess you only had bad luck. Daos has still the same probability of using it as in phase 1.

Volt wrote:I made the misstake of having everyone at 999 speed. Erim gets 3 turns, which is bad enough already. But at a specific point, the sinistrals power up once, and then twice. What happens here is that, IF you survived up to that point (and yes she is gruesome in not-superpowered mode even), this is what will happen

Erim attacks 3 times
ERIM attacks first.
Erim attacks 3 times.

In other words she'll fry your ass with 6 consecutive turns :/... and her least-damaging attack deals a good 300dmg to all partymembers I think.

I think I have a good strategy for this problem. Just use Fake on Erim as well as Spiderweb after she used her shield so that it gets reflected back.

So someone should become slower than her already in phase 1.

However, this doesn't solve this problem is the Daos battle as Dark reflector doesn't reflect Spiderweb.

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:02 pm

Volt wrote:I made the misstake of having everyone at 999 speed. Erim gets 3 turns, which is bad enough already. But at a specific point, the sinistrals power up once, and then twice. What happens here is that, IF you survived up to that point (and yes she is gruesome in not-superpowered mode even), this is what will happen

Erim attacks 3 times
ERIM attacks first.
Erim attacks 3 times.

I didn't have a problem with Erim, though that wasn't on Fruely Hardcore. I did try Daos on Fruely Hardcore though, and I wet myself (not literally) - his Terror Wave killed 3 people!

Her 3x attack, you go, 3x attack is annoying though.

Artemis: Guess so, but I wasn't protected against Paralysis & Sleep when I first fought him. I did manage to beat Daos, but I hacked two Seethru Silks on Guy & Artea, who had Egg Rings (allowing them to go before Maxim) - it actually worked. When I get to do it again, I'll have to come equipped with more Status protection for everyone; my stats won't matter since I can just buy Brave/Life/Speed/Mind Sources in Narvick.

I'm on Camu in Retry right now. Fought him last night and lost. Going to go through that without cheating though.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:55 pm

As I somehow can't answer at YouTube...

I use ZSNES v1.51 for the recording.

Here's a good tutorial (but in German): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N1UYvjW6fk

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:22 pm

Couldn't prevent him from kicking my ass, so I decided to not record it.

I did, however, load up the other Retry file I had (I saved in a free slot after the Clowns) and decided to record the Doom Island Battles. I just have to figure out how to upload them - I've only got part 1 of the Gades fight right now, but it's an 11 minute video.

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”