Kureji Lufia

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:22 am

How did you record it? Isn't the file in the .avi format?

With the new version there are some minor changes special for Kureji Lufia as well.

There was a little mistake regarding the soldiers as their Dash was siometimes a little bit weaker or stronger. And Erim's and Daos' waves are now slightly stronger in the difficult version so that the differ a little bit from the ones of Gades and Amon. However, it shouldn't really affect the battle that much.

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:41 pm

Yeah, it was (after a few attempts, though I initially recorded it as an .smv); I managed to upload a 5:20 test video of the Gades fight to Youtube, but I didn't bother trying again after that. I wasn't getting any sound, and each of the Sinistral battles take 20-30 minutes minimum.

While I'm thinking about it, could you change the Sinistrals a little? It took me 43 minutes to beat Erim on the difficult version, and, to be perfectly honest, it shouldn't. Their strength and attacks are fine, but the "can't hurt them without Dual Blade" thing is frustrating. If it's possible, can you change their resistances/weaknesses based on the phase of the battle?

Phase 1: No immunities (except Dark), can be hit by every attack.
Phase 2: Only weak to Light/Dual Blade.
Phase 3: Weak to Dual Blade.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:14 pm

I couldn't change it because there just isn't more place to write more code for the Sinistrals' defense script.

Sure, there seems to be more empty space after the enemies, but for some reason it can't be used.

Besides, I like it so. :D

Oh, and Idura can look so easy. :wink:

Last edited by Artemis on Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:36 pm

Artemis wrote:I couldn't change it because there just isn't more place to write more code for the Sinistrals' defense script.

Sure, there seems to be more empty space after the enemies, but for some reason it can't be used.

Besides, I like it so. :D

Oh, and Idura can look so easy. :wink:

I only suggested that because Daos is kicking my ass (and to shorten the time each battle takes), and I haven't figured out how to beat him yet. Merciless and Final Judgment > me. I'm not giving up though, because I know it can be done, and I WILL beat him.

Video: Doesn't surprise me, I knew you were going to use Fatal Blow as soon as I clicked on it, lol. I never thought about using Octo-Strike on him though.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:34 pm

Normal Daos or Hardcore Daos? I guess the hardcore one as he uses Merciless and Final Jugdment way more often.

But shouldn't the main problem be another attack? :o

However, right now I'm having problems with the Ghost Ship as I can't beat it in the 11 minute limit for YouTube. I think I can beat it in 15-20 minutes, but 11 is very hard.

And I guess the Tank will be even harder... :?

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:13 am

Artemis wrote:Normal Daos or Hardcore Daos? I guess the hardcore one as he uses Merciless and Final Jugdment way more often.

But shouldn't the main problem be another attack? :o

However, right now I'm having problems with the Ghost Ship as I can't beat it in the 11 minute limit for YouTube. I think I can beat it in 15-20 minutes, but 11 is very hard.

And I guess the Tank will be even harder... :?

Normal - I only battled Hardcore Daos to see how long I last (my personal best is 15 minutes.) I also tried the other 3 on Hardcore, and the fight with Erim was just...ugh. Gades beat the crap out of me repeatedly, and Amon wasn't a problem, though I needed to use 55 of my 99 Miracles.

As far as Daos, I suppose it's bad luck, but he doesn't use them on me frequently until his "BOW DOWN BEFORE GOD!" message that activates phase 3. Between those and his constant use of Dark Reflector...

For Ghost Ship/Tank - multiple parts? It's how you'd have to do the Sinistral battles anyway. Tank MIGHT be manageable in 11 minutes if you use the Fire & Water/Ice Combo and give someone the Egg Ring. I still have to beat the Egg Dragon, but I don't know how the hell it's possible to equip yourself to damage him AND protect Maxim & Guy from status ailments.

Also, quick question on the Sinistrals. When they enter Phase 2, exactly how much Speed do they have? I wanted to try slowing Gades down until he was slower than me again (using the Spider Jewel), but after 6-10 uses of it, he was still losing 9999 Speed every time.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Yes, it's bad luck that he uses Merciless more often. He shouldn't use it more often in phase 3 than already in phase 2.

Hmm, I hoped to beat everything except the final fights and the Egg Dragon in one vid, but it's really hard...
Well, and I think it's nearly impossible to beat the Egg Dragon before the Tank, so no Egg Ring.

And the Sinistrals have around 30000 agility after their increase. However, it is restored every round so the Spider Jewel won't help.

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:00 pm

Amon wasn't a problem, though I needed to use 55 of my 99 Miracles

I'd say he counts as a problem though.

I havent used any miracles during the fruelly hardcore bosses, but thats just because I rarely use items to begin with. Up to Erim I think every boss is doable. But Erim, Daos (from what I heard) and the Eggdragon are just absurd.

Again artemis, I like a challenge. But neigh-impossible to defeat is absurd. It's like fighting Yiazmat from FFXII. He's doable, but beating him may require over 6 hours (killing him in 2 hours is considered exceptionally fast). There's just no fun in that. It's more a feat of patience than it is a feat of skill.

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:19 pm

Artemis wrote:Yes, it's bad luck that he uses Merciless more often. He shouldn't use it more often in phase 3 than already in phase 2.

Hmm, I hoped to beat everything except the final fights and the Egg Dragon in one vid, but it's really hard...
Well, and I think it's nearly impossible to beat the Egg Dragon before the Tank, so no Egg Ring.

And the Sinistrals have around 30000 agility after their increase. However, it is restored every round so the Spider Jewel won't help.

Oh. I wasn't in any danger from dying to Gades anyway (unless he got lucky with a bunch of Criticals from Octo-Strike, which he did...repeatedly) - do their other stats work like that once the increase takes effect?

As far as the Egg Ring: take advantage of the glitch with the original version to get the Ring, then go for the Tank? You can still battle Eggy as often as you want after all.

I'm fairly sure I can beat the Egg Dragon (or at least get him to Phase 2), but I need to look at my equipment again, it's virtually impossible to protect Guy and Maxim against everything.

In fact, if you can give me ideas for equipment for those two, it'd be great.

For Eggy, I've been using:

Maxim: Dragon Blade/Divine Armor/Dark Mirror/Divine Helm/Sea Ring/Gold Eye
Guy: Dragon Blade/Old Armor/Dark Mirror/God Helm/Sea Ring/Gold Eye

They're protected against everything but Sleep & Silence, but Silence isn't even an issue since Maxim's not going to be casting anyway. I know I can prevent Sleep on Maxim, but I'm not entirely sure how to do that on Guy.

Volt wrote:
Amon wasn't a problem, though I needed to use 55 of my 99 Miracles

I'd say he counts as a problem though.

I havent used any miracles during the fruelly hardcore bosses, but thats just because I rarely use items to begin with. Up to Erim I think every boss is doable. But Erim, Daos (from what I heard) and the Eggdragon are just absurd.

Again artemis, I like a challenge. But neigh-impossible to defeat is absurd. It's like fighting Yiazmat from FFXII. He's doable, but beating him may require over 6 hours (killing him in 2 hours is considered exceptionally fast). There's just no fun in that. It's more a feat of patience than it is a feat of skill.

Ehh, Amon is more annoying than anything, and of the two versions of the 4, he's the only one I never got a game over against. I used 10 Miracles against the normal version, which keeps me in good shape for Erim and Daos.

I have no idea exactly how bad Hardcore Erim is (I've seen her in Phase 1, which was more than enough to tell me I can't possibly win without it taking a lot of resources), but I'm fairly sure Hardcore Daos can be beaten...the only question is how you do that. Hell, I still can't beat Normal Daos.

The only bosses I haven't beaten w/out cheating are Daos (both versions), Hardcore Erim, the Red Dragon, and the Master (I don't really care about him as much, since getting the Iris Treasures, while easier in Kureji, still bores me to tears.)

To be perfectly honest, except for a few fights (which I've already complained about), I don't have a problem with the difficulty of this patch. For me, it's similar to the difficulty of FFIVDS (I beat it in under 2 weeks, and that was the Japanese import - I couldn't wait for the English version.) You can't just hack & slash through it; the bosses require you to use different tactics, equipment, and spells you wouldn't have in other versions.

I still think the Sinistrals should be harmed by other means in Phase 1 & 2, but that's really only to shorten the battles - I focus on buffs/debuffs until they don't work anymore (Beserker, Shield, Courage, SwordSplitter), then I commence the ass-kicking. I didn't grind for HP & MP Sources, though my Attack/Defense/Gut/Agility/Int/Strength are maxed (w/out any equipment.)

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:13 pm

Sinistrals should just be actually -killed- by the dual blade. Really man, guy has NO use in the sinistral battles whatsoever! Oh sure he can throw a few potions and stuff but come on. Selan and Artea can cast/heal, and even thats highly limited (esspecially against Erim).

As for Erim, well I just tried again just to see how far I could get. I was instantly annoyed again. I got to phase two and bingo! eerie light *BZZZZZTDIEOMGZZZZZZT*.

again, trim it down a little man. they'd be doable if they would attack twice, but killer movers in conjunction with mp/ip reducing moves, and THEN added with either an all-mp/ip reducing attack or spell is just too much. There's no way you can heal all that up without giving up the offense, and then it just becomes a big "how long can I survive in minutes" battle.

Have the sinistrals attack twice, not thrice. Then I think they would be a hard challenge, but nothing impossible.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:25 pm

No, besides agility (and MP) none of the other stats gets increased that way.

And what's your equipment against Daos? Mine is one of the two following:

Guy:......................Maxim:......................Artea:..................Selan:

Multi Sword............Dual Blade...............Nothing................Nothing
Old Armor..............Divine Armor.............God Robe.............Seethru Silk
Dark Mirror (u).......Dark Mirror (u).........Dark Mirror (u)......Dark Mirror (u)
Charm Helmet.......Divine Helm..............Bunny Ears...........Fury Ribbon (3)
S-Mysto Ring (1)....S-Mysto Ring............S-Mysto Ring........S-Guard Ring
Orochi Jewel..........Demon Jewel (2)......Orochi Jewel.........Orochi Jewel

Guy:......................Maxim:......................Artea:..................Selan:

Multi Sword............Dual Blade...............Nothing................Nothing
Old Armor..............Divine Armor.............God Robe.............Seethru Silk
Dark Mirror (u).......Fury Brace................Dark Mirror (u)......Dark Mirror (u)
Charm Helmet.......Radiant Helm............Bunny Ears...........Fury Ribbon (3)
S-Mysto Ring (1)....Egg Ring..................S-Mysto Ring........S-Guard Ring
Orochi Jewel..........Demon Jewel (2)......Orochi Jewel.........Orochi Jewel

(u) = uncursed
(1) = Mystery Ring does work as well
(2) = cursed, if possible
(3) = this is the only thing you might change for other Sinistrals, e.g. Bunny Ears against Gades or Zircon Band against the others if you wish

The Egg Dragon is a tough costumer and very hard to bring down. However, he is optional as we all know and who needs the Egg Ring anyway if you can buy potions in Narvick now?

I highly recommend this setup as it might prevent some bad surprise.

Guy:......................Artea:......................Maxim:..................Selan:

Dragon Blade........Nothing....................Nothing.................Blaze Sword
Old Armor..............God Robe.................Divine Armor.........Seethru Silk
Fury Brace.............Rune Gloves (4).......Flame Shield.........Zirco Gloves
Charm Helmet.......Bunny Ears..............Divine Helm...........Zircon Band
Sea Ring...............S-Guard Ring............S-Mysto Ring.........Undead Ring
Hydra Rock............Orochi Jewel............Orochi Jewel.........Orochi Jewel

(4) = or Old Shield

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:19 pm

For the Sinistrals, I use

Maxim: Dual Blade/Divine Armor/Dark Mirror/Divine Helm/S-Mysto Ring/Gloom Jewel

Guy: Dragslayer/Old Armor/Dark Mirror/God Helm/Mystery Ring/Gloom Jewel. Multi Sword for Daos.

Artea: Seiryu Spear/God Robe/Bunny Tray/Radiant Helm/S-Mysto Ring/Gloom Jewel. Bunny Ears for Gades & Daos.

Selan: Phoenix Cane/Seethru Silk/Dark Mirror/Indra Turban/Egg Ring/Gloom Jewel

Except for HP/MP & Guy's Int, everyone has max stats. Knowing that 3 of the Sinistrals like using Magic, I decided to improve my MGR, which is why I have Dragslayer/Seiryu Spear/Phoenix Cane (only have one Cane or Artea would get it too) and the Gloom Jewels

The only other thing I can think of trying on Daos is the Dread IP skill, but I don't have either the Fury or Angry Rings on me. Given how much defense the four of them have, it might help slightly.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:41 pm

And did Daos finally fall? :)

About the defense, I would prefer the Fury Ribbon's IP move - especially because Daos likes to increase his DFP every six rounds. Though, it doesn't become a real issue so a few usages during the battle and it should be OK.

Well, and I finally did beat that annoying ghost ship in the 11 minutes limit. :D

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:11 pm

Artemis wrote:And did Daos finally fall? :)

About the defense, I would prefer the Fury Ribbon's IP move - especially because Daos likes to increase his DFP every six rounds. Though, it doesn't become a real issue so a few usages during the battle and it should be OK.

Well, and I finally did beat that annoying ghost ship in the 11 minutes limit. :D

Haven't been playing. My mom went into the hospital for a knee replacement last Wednesday, and I've been playing Pokemon Soul Silver since Thursday. I'd have finished by now if it were in English, but I'll fight the Sinistrals again once I finish the first half of the game (which I don't think will be too difficult.)

edit: Wait, Daos increases his Defense? Is that what Mystery (called it Merciless before, idk why) does? ****, no wonder I don't do as much damage as I do against the others.

Superdreuzel
Knight

Postby Superdreuzel » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:27 pm

Artemis wrote:Well, and I finally did beat that annoying ghost ship in the 11 minutes limit. :D

you could also skip the conversation bits, so you save some time^^
Image]

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”