Kureji Lufia

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:22 am

Well, as I finally reached the Doom Island battles, there is the question whether I should farm a little bit so that everyone has 999 HP. (I know they can have more, but that looks strange somehow, I think.)

On the one hand the vids would be shorter, but on the other hand Superdreuzel always complains when the battles look too easy. :wink:

However, because it may shorten especially the Egg Dragon battle by a large margin as some of his single-targeted attacks won't kill the party member anymore, then, I think it's the best to farm for HP potions.

Due to the potions buyable at narvick all the other stats except MP and AGL (the latter one for strategic reasons^^) are already maxed out.

What do you think? Shall I increase my max HP as well?

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:37 pm

To 999 for everyone? It's not really necessary. I do well against the Sinistrals just by getting a few through the course of the game and the rest from the Egg Dragon.

Question on the Egg Dragon: Is Hardboiled SUPPOSED to remove my stat buffs? This is on the difficult version, and it's quite annoying. Also, as far as I've been able to tell, it reduces my base stats (ie Speed, which is at 999 on everyone)

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:59 am

Yes, 999 isn't necessary, but it might shorten the battle for a few rounds. Therefore, I might win a few minutes.

About Eggie: I guess you mean Dragon Breath. Well, it doesn't completely remove your stats, but it lowers some of them but not all.

Did you finally beat Daos? Well, if the world is saved, who needs still an Egg Ring? :)

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:59 pm

Still haven't played, since I have no save states right before Daos. I deleted 'em all 'cause I had so many and couldn't remember which one was what, so I have to fight the other 3 again.

Quick question on your Doom Island Gades vid: how the hell are you doing over 3k with every hit? I gave myself the same exact setup and I only did about 2200 after a Wave Motion.

Egg Dragon: yeah, it's Dragon Breath. I kept noticing numbers like 603 Damage on Maxim (but his health bar hadn't moved); I was wondering why, though I figured out that something was lowering my Attack, Defense, and MGR Boosts, but the fact that it lowers base speed (which is at 999 on everyone) is a little excessive IMO.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:19 pm

The key point in the Gades vid is that I equipped Maxim with the Egg Ring to speed up all the Sinistral battles. Unfortunately I can't use Wave Motion in the Daos battle as I don't want Maxim to be faster than Guy, but around 3000 damage should be OK as well.

About Dragon Breath: MGR and INT aren't affected.

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:58 pm

Artemis wrote:The key point in the Gades vid is that I equipped Maxim with the Egg Ring to speed up all the Sinistral battles. Unfortunately I can't use Wave Motion in the Daos battle as I don't want Maxim to be faster than Guy, but around 3000 damage should be OK as well.

About Dragon Breath: MGR and INT aren't affected.

I have an Egg Ring on him too (though I hacked it in. lol)

I managed to get up to 4k on average after using Tweak a few times, then using Wave Motion. That should make the other Sinistrals easier as well. I cut my time on Gades down by quite a lot, and I might even record it. I'll fight him again (without speeding through his Octo-Strikes) to confirm how long it takes, then record it on the 3rd attempt.

edit: 20 minutes on SNES9X's normal speed - how fast are you running your emulator? I definitely pissed Gades off with one of Maxim's crits though, 'cause he went into "IMPOSSIBLE! I AM A GOD!" on his next turn. I never imagined that it would be possible to hit 9999+ without IP Skills, but I somehow did it.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:48 pm

I used ZSNES on normal speed. I guess it's not really possible to beat him in under 11 minutes. Okay, Gades may be worthy to make more than one vid (unlike everything before^^).

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”