Lufia TLR Makes my spellcheck kill itself

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:45 pm

yeah... that kinda makes no sense kronoan.

Now, lets see.... I defeated Daos twice, Gades is down, Amon is gone... I saw lovers being brutally torn apart through death twice now (I admit, Daos is trying his best to make me hate him now), and some random guy just joined my party even though I have NO F*CKING clue where the hell he just came from. I mean, what the hell...

off to the nutty professor!

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:24 pm

Volt wrote:...and some random guy just joined my party even though I have NO F*CKING clue where the hell he just came from. I mean, what the hell...

Hear, hear!

Lol. It's the exact same thing I thought when I first reached that part. Yurist really is a nobody character who appears out of nowhere. It was things like that that disappointed me in TLR.
Don't get me wrong, I still liked the game. But it had a lot of things that could be approved.

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:08 pm

oh, his name is Yurist? Meh. I saw his stats, saw the portrait, and I kicked him the fudge out. I >HATE< characters just thrown in for the sake of putting in extra characters. I read the Eggdragon can be added to the team, at least THAT would be funny since, well... he's the Eggdragon... a dragon... every RPG character team needs a dragon :D. But still... Yurist just got thrown in there, and I kicked him out.

To be honest, I do enjoy the game but it seems the characters are just getting flat;

Wain - funny :D
Seena - Erm... sadly I know the twist already. But she's still funny
Dei - he has some backstory... but he doesnt really do much. Still, I like him
Aima - I love this character. Anyone who just says "okay, can I go beat this guy up now?" just deserves a spot. Though storywise, she's pretty blank.

*thinks*

Melphis and Deckard - okay, they're both cool, useful, and they have some story. Its alright.
Randolp - ... thrown in for the sake of having an old knight. Useless at that. His stats LIE!
Ruby - ......blah, female gamble, big whoop.
Yurist - blah?

The spirit who seems to be an evolved bear version of Foamy (come on, headbutt, tackle, the lower defense move... thats foamy goddamnit!): thrown in for the sake of being there, but he's an NPC so I'll allow it.

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:25 pm

how many characters can actually join you in this game? if i recall, it was a lot. (i've never played the game)
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:06 pm

13, including the Egg Dragon.

Spoiler wrote:Volt! How could you skip Milka! She's awesome!
Oh yeah, and you left out Isaac as well, but meh.

EDIT: Oh wait, you probably haven't reached the point where you meet those characters yet. Okay, I made a spoiler box out of it. Read at own risk. :P

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:36 pm

From what I understand, Mousse was actually Foomy's Japanese name. So it could be an in-ref. The official art even has Mousse with a scrub brush, soap and bubbles all around.

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:36 am

13? good lord.

thanks.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:05 pm

The word "true" appears in that library list of words... But in the script with the Gades dialogue they didn't use whatever refences to "true" but wrote true instead (and they spelled it wrong!)

Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:01 pm

well I just finished TLR... truth be told I'm not really sure if I think it's a good game or not...

Really, up until where you defeat Amon, the characters all seem to have a minor story (which at least gives them some personality) the game is pretty good. But after that... I dont know. The game definitely gets a B+ on the "funny moments" scale, it was very entertaining at times. But the sudden increase in members being thrown into the part (with little to no real story or input at all), the HORRIBLE spelling errors (how the F*CK can they spell it ArtIa?!) and the boring dungeons kind of ruin it for me. Fortunately I did the ancient cave thing and got the Rainbow as soon as possible, which helped save some annoyance. But the game has little to NO challenge in it whatsoever (a challenge of patience at most, like Lufia 1 has), and with the exception of maybe 2-3 bosses... the game is pretty easy.

I think only a lufia fan should really play this game. Anyone who likes rpg's but hasnt played lufia would be horribly disappointed in this game (and think very wrongly of the quality of the lufia games).

[edit]

I didnt get/defeat the eggdragon because I REALLY dont feel like collecting those damn eggs a couple of times again. I'll assume he's a touch nut to crack but really, I doubt I'd have a problem with him. Even Iris and Zalbak fell pretty easy. But maybe I was overleveled? my average party level was 50, even though I didnt really do my best to level...

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:52 am

Hm... weird. I had trouble with quite a few bosses in the game. Zalbak was a challenge to me. I think the bosses were more difficult than the ones in ROTS.
But other than that, I agree that the character development, spelling errors and dungeons were very subpar. Not to mention the cheesy dialogue.

....But the game's still fun. XD

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:26 am

one thing that bothered me a lot though, was Daos' first appearance (when he slays the dragon), and his second showup (wedding)

come on... there should have been a lot more time between those two events. It was so short after the other that I actually thought "wow, like we didnt see that 30 minutes ago!".

Lufia 2 still stands firmly on top, with sadly lufia 1 being #2, and TLR on 3rd place. Though only because of the cons beating the pros.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:46 pm

Ruins of Lore is not worthy of the list. And it needs more games.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:51 pm

Lêi_Trigar wrote:13? good lord.

thanks.

There would be even more people in the game if they didn't remove Chelsee, Bareia and Panapas!

Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:40 pm

so they wanted 16 altogether? i wonder why so many. and for a GameBoy game at that.

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:40 pm

the whole problem with this is that you dont really have a need for them... once you reach the point where you have 8 people, you pretty much figured out your best strategy. In my case, it looked like this

Aima - Dei - Deckard
Mousse - Wain - Randolp
Seena - XXX - Melphis

Aima dealt an obscene amount of damage, Dei was of such high speed that he could lower statis with vital aim (or Lock-down). And Deckard/randolph deal enough damage. Seena and Melphis had enough magic boosts to heal large amounts of dmg dealt. And if needed Dei could simply use Goddesstears.

And then you get Yurist. With weaker stats than Aima, and >EXACTLY< the same kind of moves. Then comes in Ruby, who is well.... crap. Sure double up is fun, but its simply not worth using her for. Then there's also Shaia guy, who... I dont know, never used him. I even went as far as to not include them in my final party at all, despite the stat boosts. When you have stuff like Energy Punch, Octostrike, D-End Flash... nothing simply lasts long. Hell even without D-end Flash stuff would still die pretty fast. There's enough multi-hitting attacks, and giving Dei a move that says "Speed times 3 attack"... yeah, onslaught.

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”