Lufia II - .ips Path v1.1

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

User avatar
xXDeszarasXx
Red Jelly
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Lufia II - .ips Path v1.1

Postby xXDeszarasXx » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:30 pm

Greetings,

ok this is a little upgrade from the original but i still call it actually the first one, Aternis tried it out so i turned up the dificulty.

here is a sneak peak about Daos and Erim:

Erim: can now use eerie light "Eerie light from 300 Dmg to 800 Dmg", can use Fry/Darkness, Devastation wave from 300Dmg to 680Dmg, Devastation wave Instant death rate increased from 15% to 40%, Dark Fry from 800Dmg to 1000Dmg, from 15000Hp to 28000Hp, from 300Atk to 400Atk, from 250Def to 300Def and from 200Int to 400Int

Daos: best defence, strongest attack and greatest speed of all the sinistrals, From 20000Hp to 56000Hp, from 400Atk to 1100Atk, from 50Def to 500Def, from 120Spd to 240Spd, from 400Int to 510Int, from 500Mgr to 510Mgr, Terror wave from 600Dmg to 900 base Dmg, Terror wave effects probability increased from 15% to 40% while Poison increased to 60%, Daos will not put anyone to Sleep anymore instead he will Silence them and Dark Fry from 800Dmg to 1200Dmg
NOTE: he was supposed to be such a devastating force that everyone feared him, then u fight him and he turns out to be such a wimp, i mean come on Erim and Ture Gades where alot stronger than him.


well just check it out >HERE<

on this >LINK< there is a gallery with some screenshots


I hope you like the Patch as much as i enjoyed making it for you and feel free to post ideas to change some stuff.


Greets,
xXDeszarasXx
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

User avatar
Artemis
Hero of the Lufians
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:30 am

Postby Artemis » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:04 pm

A little note about the Egg Dragon. The heal glitch is still present as setting the HP to 65000 is not low enough. He might be protected against charred newts or the Rally spell now, but stronger spells like Champion or Valor are still enough to make the heal glitch occur.

I would say 60000 HP should be low enough to protect him completely.

User avatar
xXDeszarasXx
Red Jelly
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Postby xXDeszarasXx » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:45 am

Hi man,

Thank you very much Artemis, i really apreciate this man, maybe at 63000Hp there wont be any glitch, since there is no spell wich heals over 3000Hp.

i'm gonna be off for a couple of days maybe weeks since i have to go to the Dominican Republik in a couple of hours for buisness, even tho i have to stay there for some time.

just keep the ideas coming guys i love this, this patch is for the community so just keep them coming ;)


Greets,
xXDeszarasXx
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

User avatar
Volt
Hero of the Lufians
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:22 am
Contact:

Postby Volt » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:34 pm

meh... this seems like a toned down version of the fruelly hardcore patch of artemis, except for daos. Though from what I can see these bosses again require a lot of HP potion grinding..

User avatar
Artemis
Hero of the Lufians
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:30 am

Postby Artemis » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:44 am

A character with maxed out stats and wearing the egg ring and some other INT increasing equipment might heal more than 3000 HP with Champion.

The highest I did right now was 3048.


And I did beat the Sinistrals. I used SinReVi's save at around level 45. Thanks to the Pearl equipment and Valor I could place Maxim at the back row so that he could heal every round with Valor or use the Phoenix IP to revive the others and restore the MP if he had enough IP.

Due to the Pearl equipment he was immune to every status effect the Sinistrals had thrown at him. Luckily for me the Terror wave didn't inflict sleep anymore which was the only thing I hadn't protection available. ^^

Forcefield was also quite useful against Daos to lower the damage inflicted by Dark fry.


It was a good idea to increase the probability of status ailments. Maybe the probability of protection with the right equipment should be lowered a bit.

User avatar
Volt
Hero of the Lufians
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:22 am
Contact:

Postby Volt » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:10 am

noooo artemis. Stay away from status protection tampering you! Leave things as they are :P.

Items should always be able to protect for 99% against status ailments, while status ailments should NEVER have a 100% chance of being inflicted... a 50% chance is high enough.

User avatar
Artemis
Hero of the Lufians
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:30 am

Postby Artemis » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:39 am

Maybe only lowering the protection a little bit - like from 100% to 70% - 80% or something like that. Of course not lowering it too much.

Because otherwise they are quite pointless if they can be blocked completely so easily.

For example if the protection is 75% and Daos inflicts paralysis at 40%, the probability of being affected is 10% which should happen quite rarely.

User avatar
DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice
Posts: 1703
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:14 am
Location: Wavespace (where the sinistrals were born)
Contact:

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:41 pm

What algorithms are you talking about? I'm curious to know. For the status ailments being 75% protection and 40% infliction means it happens 10% of the time. Where is the math behind that.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

User avatar
Artemis
Hero of the Lufians
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:30 am

Postby Artemis » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:27 pm

In the regular game there are a lot of equipment parts which have the ability to cancel out some status effects, so the probability to not get affected is always 100% regardless of the attack.

If the probability of prevention is reduced to 75%, you might get affected nevertheless with a probability of 25%. If there's an attack which has a 40% probability of affecting the target, the overall probability of getting affected is 0,25 * 0,40 = 0,10.

Therefore, you would get affected with probability 10% in that case which I think shouldn't be too much to handle - especially in the case of the Sinistrals who use their wave only every 4 or 6 rounds.

User avatar
Volt
Hero of the Lufians
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:22 am
Contact:

Postby Volt » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:43 pm

I just think if an item offers 100% protection against something, that should be fine. Its not like the lufia game is loaded with status protection equipment to begin with. But putting it at 80% is also fine, as long as that doesnt mean you have high chances of being given status ailments on a regular basis. A max should always be 50%, so that non-protected characters also have a chance of dodging the bullet so to say.


Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 1 guest