Ha. I keep forgetting that Gades is left-handed.

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

User avatar
UltimaHedgie
Villager
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:42 pm
Location: Wisconsin (United States)
Contact:

Postby UltimaHedgie » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:25 pm

That's an inconsistency I myself never really noticed, but I have seen more of them. Gades in left-handed in Lufia II but not in the others? How about Amon being Sinistral of Chaos in Lufia II and Amon Sinistral of Terror, but its flipped in the other two? Though admittedly, I do think "Terror" sounds more evil than "Chaos," but meh.

I first noticed that Daos was Sinistral of Chaos instead of Terror in TLR, but then I found out later than apparently it was this way in Lufia I, too. Meh. Confusing.
<img src="http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k185/UltimaHedgie/Signatures/ultima_sig.jpg">
My Places: <a href="http://ultimahedgie.deviantart.com">deviantART</a> | <a href="http://www.fanfiction.net/u/713336/">FF.net</a>

User avatar
DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice
Posts: 1703
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:14 am
Location: Wavespace (where the sinistrals were born)
Contact:

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:34 pm

So... Everything is mixed up I presume?
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

User avatar
UltimaHedgie
Villager
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:42 pm
Location: Wisconsin (United States)
Contact:

Postby UltimaHedgie » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:43 pm

I guess. I haven't really noticed any major inconsistencies, but many of the things brought up between games definitely are kinda confusing.

One major thing I keep thinking about is Seena. She, like Lufia, implies that she actually "IS" Erim early on. But then later she goes on and says that she would "fully become Erim, the Sinistral of Death." Hang on a second, though... I thought she already was from the start?

Erim herself was always questioning the others to begin with, anyway, and is a huge basis throughout the plot of Lufia II. In Lufia I, Lufia tries to kill herself to keep the Sinistrals from reviving, which is what I assumed was the reasoning behind Seena trying to get the others to kill her, too, but no, it has to be more convoluted. Bah.

I'd go into more detail, but its kinda off-topic (not that exactly matters here; this forum isn't very active anyway). And no, though; I definitely don't think that Lufia and Seena are different people from Erim all-together just being influenced by Erim. I think that they both really are Erim having been revived, and are effectively the same person (Lufia loses her memories, but that doesn't stop her from "being" Erim... Dual Blade may have wiped out her powers, though, at least until she was revived again, which prevented the others from returning at that time.)
<img src="http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k185/UltimaHedgie/Signatures/ultima_sig.jpg">

My Places: <a href="http://ultimahedgie.deviantart.com">deviantART</a> | <a href="http://www.fanfiction.net/u/713336/">FF.net</a>

User avatar
DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice
Posts: 1703
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:14 am
Location: Wavespace (where the sinistrals were born)
Contact:

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:49 pm

Believe what you will, but we will not know the theories unless confirmed by the developers themselves. And they gave up on the entire series all together.

With a strong design, gameplay, and presentation Lufia CAN come back. But with a dead license and no contracts that is an impossibility at the moment.

I know I shouldn't be saying it over and over again that Lufia is dead by market. But she truly is dead and that is a problem when figuring out these theories. Nobody studies them anymore and all the fans are left doing is coming up with fan fiction for everything.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

User avatar
Chris
Forum Admin
Posts: 2957
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:41 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Postby Chris » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:15 am

DarkMaster2101 wrote:With a strong design, gameplay, and presentation Lufia CAN come back. But with a dead license and no contracts that is an impossibility at the moment.

They need to get at least Lufia II onto the VC and spark up some interest in the series again!

User avatar
Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer
Posts: 770
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:33 am
Contact:

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:20 am

Chris wrote:
DarkMaster2101 wrote:With a strong design, gameplay, and presentation Lufia CAN come back. But with a dead license and no contracts that is an impossibility at the moment.

They need to get at least Lufia II onto the VC and spark up some interest in the series again!

my thoughts exactly!
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

User avatar
DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice
Posts: 1703
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:14 am
Location: Wavespace (where the sinistrals were born)
Contact:

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:30 am

Lêi_Trigar wrote:
Chris wrote:
DarkMaster2101 wrote:With a strong design, gameplay, and presentation Lufia CAN come back. But with a dead license and no contracts that is an impossibility at the moment.

They need to get at least Lufia II onto the VC and spark up some interest in the series again!

my thoughts exactly!


Problem, Square Enix owns Taito. Neverland is still an independant developer in contract with Natsume and/or Marvelous Entertainment. The Lufia license was contracted with Taito's ownership (which is why they developed Ruins of Lore outside of Neverland). Lufia II & TLR were published by Taito in Japan but translated in the US by Natsume. I suppose Nihlon Flex (I found out they published Y's Books I&II) went bankrupt because of lawsuits with Taito for publishing.

Taito was strong until the latter 90's with the 3d game era and now it is barely struggling. What has Taito worked on? Cooking Mama and publishing Space Invaders: Get Even. That's it.

I suppose if Square Enix supports a next-gen Lufia game, it could happen. Getting Neverland and the original staff to work on the game in the first place (the absolute necessity of bringing the game back) might not be so lucky with their current contracts.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm thinking about making artwork with Gades holding one huge freakin' sword. No shields, just heavy ebony plate mail, his sinister grin, and his 8' tall bad-assness. What do you think?
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

User avatar
Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer
Posts: 770
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:33 am
Contact:

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:03 pm

i dislike Square... but if they do a Lufia game i know it'll have good graphics.
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.



Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.



My other home... My Profile

User avatar
DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice
Posts: 1703
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:14 am
Location: Wavespace (where the sinistrals were born)
Contact:

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:34 am

Lêi_Trigar wrote:i dislike Square... but if they do a Lufia game i know it'll have good graphics.


Nothing to do with Gades, but I am looking forward to Final Fantasy XIII. Remember, Lufia couldn't happen without Square bringing the fantasy role playing genre into existence.

Still, what do you think about my concept for Gades?
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

User avatar
Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer
Posts: 770
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:33 am
Contact:

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:57 am

DarkMaster2101 wrote:
Lêi_Trigar wrote:i dislike Square... but if they do a Lufia game i know it'll have good graphics.


Nothing to do with Gades, but I am looking forward to Final Fantasy XIII. Remember, Lufia couldn't happen without Square bringing the fantasy role playing genre into existence.

Still, what do you think about my concept for Gades?

oh, was i suppose to "quote" first?

well, i didn't mind Square back then, just in the past 5 or years i just don't like what they've become... but that's just my personal opinion about them. but FFXIII is looking pretty good from what i've seen... wait... this is not about Gades!!

so, i think Gades being a lefty is awesome...

and what was your concept again?
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.



Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.



My other home... My Profile

User avatar
DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice
Posts: 1703
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:14 am
Location: Wavespace (where the sinistrals were born)
Contact:

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:08 am

*sigh*
DarkMaster2101 wrote:I'm thinking about making artwork with Gades holding one huge freakin' sword. No shields, just heavy ebony plate mail, his sinister grin, and his 8' tall bad-assness. What do you think?
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

User avatar
Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer
Posts: 770
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:33 am
Contact:

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:04 pm

DarkMaster2101 wrote:*sigh*
DarkMaster2101 wrote:I'm thinking about making artwork with Gades holding one huge freakin' sword. No shields, just heavy ebony plate mail, his sinister grin, and his 8' tall bad-assness. What do you think?

can't forget about his long red wavy hair! other then that sounds pretty cool.


Lêi_Trigar wrote:and what was your concept again?

i was just kidding, btw. haha
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.



Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.



My other home... My Profile

User avatar
teefa85
Hero of the Lufians
Posts: 307
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:15 pm
Location: in my own little world
Contact:

Postby teefa85 » Fri May 01, 2009 9:57 pm

I'd love to see Gades with a giant sword. He'd probably look incredibly badass! Which is always good in a god of Destruction.
Image Click to visit my Dragons.

HegemonKhan
Red Jelly
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 5:35 am

my thoughts on erim and this lufia and seena mentioned

Postby HegemonKhan » Wed May 20, 2009 6:51 am

i know this is off-topic, but some one else brought it up, and i jsut wanna put my thoughts on it:

i don't know who lufia or seena are (ONLY played lufia 2. i did try lufia 1 extremely briefly, but couldn't stand it. maybe sometime i'll try to actually play it), but i do know erim.

Erim is the sinistral of death (which also means life, in her "iris" form she has powers of life. in her "erim" form, she has powers of death). death and life are one and the same. from death comes life. from life comes death. it's a cycle. that's why erim has powers of BOTH death AND life.

in other words, Erim has the power of "rebirth". she is a phoenix. she "rises from the ashes". a Sinistral of Death/Life should be able to die and than be reborn back alive.


Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Steeler [Crawler] and 1 guest