Lufia-Patches Version 2.16 (Retrans, Kureji Lufia, La Puella)

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Lufia-Patches Version 2.16 (Retrans, Kureji Lufia, La Puella)

Postby Artemis » Sat May 23, 2009 10:30 am

Edit: Version 3 is available now. Though, it's technically still a beta. Now there's a new extra boss enemy called La Puella in the Spekkio Lufia patch.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4yq9rqa11ggiadq/Lufia-Patches_v3.zip

The most interesting things should be Frue Lufia, Spekkio Lufia and Kureji Lufia in the English/Projects folder.

Frue Lufia combines all of Reli's bugfixes with some of mine as well as a lot of dialogue changes.

Not only are some mistakes like Gai changed, there are also some inconsistencies changed like that it was said that Gades called himself a Sinistral at the Gordovan Tower which, in fact, he never did.

I guess it's the consequence of the censorship and the removal of the term "god". This did lead to a lot of mistakes and strange dialogues as the word god is always replaced with things like "super beings" or Sinistrals, and sometimes incorrectly.

For example at the end when you reach Narvick there is mentioned that there have been not evil gods as well who have left these divine armaments. But once they are called "treasures of the Sinistrals".
Also please can somebody explain me what the "Sacred Truth" is Artea mentions after the Venge Ghost battle? ^^

Spekkio Lufia is nearly the same as Frue Lufia, but also changes the Egg Dragon and Master fight. The dragon now changes his behaviour depending on the parties' level. Below level 50 he's basically the same as before, but the higher the level the more dangerous he gets.

And Kureji Lufia is... well... crazy. ^_^
Last edited by Artemis on Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:04 am, edited 163 times in total.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sat May 23, 2009 12:18 pm

Oh, cool--so you finally finished your text cleanup patch?

I have a few questions.
1. By "Combines all of Reli's bug fixes and mine," do you mean that you used the Fixxxer Deluxe and Artea name fix patch and then edited the text on top?

EDIT: Yes you do. D'oh, I should've downloaded before posting all excited-like. :oops:

2. What did you change regarding the Master Jelly? You didn't mention that. Is it a secret? :P

EDIT: :shock: N-Never mind... It's better you didn't say it here...

More questions to come later.

LONG SERIES OF EDITS:
3. You...you mean Jessy observing Dekar and Tia's conversation was a bug? :( This ruins the entire fan fic I made.

4. Why not make a seperate .ZIP with Reli's patches? I mean, sure, they're probably in the Reliquary*, but it'd be nice not to have to sort through them.

5. I don't see the "Erim and Eerie Light" patch listed in the Projects readme--did you not include it?

* I don't know if they actually are or not; it's been a while since I sorted through it.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sat May 23, 2009 1:07 pm

Heh... sounds like something I should check out.
So, what is Kureji Lufia? Something really random?

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sat May 23, 2009 1:20 pm

If my memory of the GameFAQs topic serves me right, it's the hack where all the bosses are super hard. It was generally well-received, but got a lot a flack from someone. I forget who, though.
Last edited by vivify93 on Sat May 23, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sat May 23, 2009 1:21 pm

vivify#2 wrote:3. You...you mean Jessy observing Dekar and Tia's conversation was a bug? :( This ruins the entire fan fic I made.

4. Why not make a seperate .ZIP with Reli's patches? I mean, sure, they're probably in the Reliquary*, but it'd be nice not to have to sort through them.

5. I don't see the "Erim and Eerie Light" patch listed in the Projects readme--did you not include it?

* I don't know if they actually are or not; it's been a while since I sorted through it.

3. Jessy is high likely placed there for the upcoming wedding scene. She shouldn't be there in Parcelyte right after the Gades battle - especially as she's still in Tanbel right before the battle.

However, technically she's still there in the modified version, you just don't see her anymore. But she's there, so it doesn't contradict your fanfic. :D

4. Yes, all the patches should be in the Reliquary.

Most of them are on his site as well:
http://www.geocities.com/bernardalgain/Lufia2.html

5. I didn't list it because it was part of the enemies fixer in general. Yes, it can be confusing, I know. ^^
There are a really a lot of patces. So I hope I did patch the complete things correctly.

Guard Daos wrote:Heh... sounds like something I should check out.
So, what is Kureji Lufia? Something really random?

Kureji Lufia modifies the bosses. There is a way better description in the zip-file. :wink:

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sat May 23, 2009 1:24 pm

Artemis wrote:3. Jessy is high likely placed there for the upcoming wedding scene. She shouldn't be there in Parcelyte right after the Gades battle - especially as she's still in Tanbel right before the battle.

However, technically she's still there in the modified version, you just don't see her anymore. But she's there, so it doesn't contradict your fanfic. :D

Oh, alright. XD Thanks then.

Artemis wrote:4. Yes, all the patches should be in the Reliquary.

Most of them are on his site as well:
http://www.geocities.com/bernardalgain/Lufia2.html

OK then, thanks.

Artemis wrote:5. I didn't list it because it was part of the enemies fixer in general. Yes, it can be confusing, I know. ^^
There are a really a lot of patches. So I hope I did patch the complete things correctly.

OH! I should've figured that. :lol:

EDIT: I'm going through a bit with your "Frue Lufia" patch a bit. I've found some errors, which I'll post later.
Last edited by vivify93 on Mon May 25, 2009 2:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Sat May 23, 2009 4:02 pm

Hey mate :)

I tried to run a patched rom on my emulator, but it did not want to read it. I either did something wrong, or used a wrong ROM... I'll try again later, when I get the chance. Sounds promising, as always :)

Tony
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/
Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sat May 23, 2009 4:24 pm

@vivify: Thanks. Guess like there will be version 1.1 soon. Most of it seems to be easy doable. But I'm not good at measuring time. :D

@Anthony: Better wait until v 1.1.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sat May 23, 2009 4:34 pm

Alright, here's what I found so far.

CARON wasn't changed to KARLLOON--it was changed to LLOON. Perhaps it would be easier to just change the dialogue's instances of Karlloon to Caron?

The 'n' in "Charred newt" still isn't capitalized.

"Megami Sword:? Eek! How about "Goddess Edge" instead?

As for the Music Box which causes Confuse AKA the "Figgoru," "Feeg Orgel", and "Confuse Music Box," I suggest a portmanteau of "Music Box" and "Confuse"--"Confusic Box"!

If you insist on putting "Chainmail" and "Ironmail" together, I suggest you do the same for "Shortsword" and "Longsword".

"Bronz Shield" looks...very ugly. Why not take the Lufia & the Fortress of Doom route and call it the "Brone Shield"?

The 'r' and 'm' of "Do-re-mi" still aren't capitalized.

The 'l' of "Ten-legger" still isn't capitalized.

I know that the original name was "Goddess Statue", but could you opt to call the Statue "Goddess Tear" like Lufia III did? For the new description, I'd assume it could go "Restores your party's HP during battle. Appreciate the goddess's tears!"

The "p" of "One-piece" should be capitalized. Ever consider simply calling it a Swimsuit? Also, the description should probably mention that it's swimwear.

Care to explain what a Katyusha is? I Googled it and got some results for a Russian song and something Russian related to rockets. What was wrong with Hairband?

Another suggestion--why not change the spell "Poison" to "Detoxify"? It really irks me that the poison-dispelling spell is called "Poison".

I think you should consider changing "BOUNDARY KINGDOM" and "FORFEIT ISLAND" on the Warp menu to "BOUNDARY" and "FORFEIT"; everything aside from "SHAIA LAB" is a single word on the Warp list, even Pico Forest. Also, might you consider putting the menu text in all caps to proper caps? One more thing: "PLACE WHERE YOU MOVE" TO is very Engrish; I'd suggest "Where will you go?"

The "Regain" item is known as "Revive" in the other Lufias. Perhaps you should change it?

More on "LLOON"--it doesn't take you where "CARON" used to take you, it takes you to the Spirit Shrine inside the mountains. You can still get out of them, of course, but still, it's a bug! "SHAIA LAB" and "PICO" still take you to where you want to go, though.

Two more item name suggestions--the "Big Boomer" and the Freeze Ball. I think that the "Big Boomer" would benefit from another portmanteau--"Biggerang"! As for "Freeze Ball", maybe it could be called the "Stun Ball"?

Wait, on second thought, I think that Hi-Boomerang would work; "Confuse Ball" fits; that means "Hi-Boomerang" would as well. They're both 12 letters, you see. While we're on that subject, "Ex-Boomerang" fits in full, too.

One last glaring thing--Erim never once cast Eerie Light. She cast Dark Fry, Thunder, and Zap, but not Eerie Light. I even made sure to use all my buffs (Courage, Trick, Shield, Fake) three times each (Once each from Maxim, Artea, and Selan) just to be sure you didn't write in a script that says "Party Has Buffs? > Cast Eerie Light", and she never cast it throughout the entire battle.

You may want to look into that.

So much for "one last thing"--the Dragslayer could easily be expanded into "Dragonslayer"--remember, we get 12 letters, including spaces and dashes for item names.

Final edit, hopefully. Since we can say "gods" and "death" now, can we change the "Darns" into "Damn" or at the very leasy "Blast"?

Whoops, forgot about this. This is a personal request--would it be possible to change the woman "Stela"'s name in the opening credits (You know, where it starts with Arek questioning Erim) to "Stell" or "Sella"? The name "Stela" really looks ugly to me without that extra 'l'.

Last thing I just remembered--the IP Attack for the S-Ice Jewel is called "Ice.Valk" rather than "Ice Valk".
Last edited by vivify93 on Mon May 25, 2009 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat May 23, 2009 7:08 pm

You know, feel free to re-translate the typoes of all the characters in Lufia. Just remember the cache limitations of the SNES back then.

Feel free to change "darn" into dang, blast, even damn it all to hell and beyond if you wish.

To bad we can't change Ice Valk into Valkyrie, Fire Bird into Phoenix, blah blah blah, but that's just me and it would probably ruin the classicness of the game.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Sat May 23, 2009 8:31 pm

vivify93 wrote:If my memory of the GameFAQs topic serves me right, it's the hack where all the bosses are super hard. It was generally well-received, but got a lot a flack from someone. I forget who, though.

heh, StarryKnights i believe is the one you're referring to. :wink:

and wow, you have a eye for noticing these little things. XD

DarkMaster2101 wrote:To bad we can't change Ice Valk into Valkyrie, Fire Bird into Phoenix, blah blah blah, but that's just me and it would probably ruin the classicness of the game.

nah, Ice Valk had a nice ring to it for me, and Fire Bird is awesome for i own a nice Pontiac "Fire Bird" Trans Am. :)
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sat May 23, 2009 9:24 pm

Well, I'm too lazy to multi-quote now. ^^

However, I'm quite clueless what went wrong with LLOON as it seems to be correct for example in Kureji Lufia. Guess I somehow did patch it incorrectly.

Did I overlook Charred newt? Okay.

Yes, Goddess Edge sounds well.

So does Confusic Box.

Longsword and Shortsword... Yes, makes sense.

Regarding "Bronz" I chose to change it as I thought it sounds more like bronze than brone as it sounds like bone or prone.

I didn't treat words with a "-" as one word and therefore didn't capitalize it.

Hmm, what shall I do with the Statue?

One-piece changing into swimsuit? NO! NO! NO! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!
One Piece is great! I like it! I love it! :lol:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Piece

Here's what KWhazit wrote about the Katyusha:

The word katyusha comes from the character Katyusha Maslova from a Tolstoy novel. It's just one of those simple, sometimes decorated, curved hairbands that girls often wear. If you really don't know what I mean, do a Google image search on カチューシャ for dozens of examples. Apparently, Katyusha wore this sort of hairband.

I found also this site: http://nethack.wikia.com/wiki/Katyusha

Detoxify? Hmm, maybe detox would fit.

I'll think about the Warp menu as well.

Revive sounds fine. Stun Ball, too.

Coincidentally I called the boomerangs Hi- and Ex- in Kureji Lufia where I changed some names a little bit more free. :o

I guess you just didn't have luck with Erim. Otherwise Thunder or Zap shouldn't work as well. Or maybe she just knew that you would stop fighting her if she'd use that and therefore didn't to prevent you from leaving her alone. Poor lonesome Erim... :cry:

I checked the Dragslayer and it doesn't seem to say "Dragon" in the Japanese version, though.

Hmm, I might look for the Stela thing.

And I'll stay with Darn and Ice Valk I think.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat May 23, 2009 9:54 pm

I have said nothing.

Although the putting something in front of statue like goddess might not be a bad idea, if there's enough memory.
---DarkMaster2101

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sat May 23, 2009 11:10 pm

Goddess Statue doesn't fit unfortunately, but Goddess Idol would be possible.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat May 23, 2009 11:55 pm

TRY IT!
---DarkMaster2101

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”