Lufia-Patches Version 2.16 (Retrans, Kureji Lufia, La Puella)

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:22 am

Well, I guess it's time for a little update. Finally, I fixed that annoying bomb puzzle bug.

For those who were lucky enough to never hear of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEol61bl444

This bug is not as terrible as it seems, though. Because instead of resetting all you have to do is waiting five minutes and you can finally continue the game - without have to restart. The dungeon may look messed up then, but it's only graphical and after leaving the map everything will be completely fine.

However, with the newest version you will even not lose these precious five minutes any more. :wink:

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:01 am

Say Artemis, got anymore plans for anything major in the "Frue Lufia" hack? :D
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:35 pm

Don't have any major plans for Frue Lufia now. With the bomb puzzle bug gone I think all the bigger bugs are fixed.

Superdreuzel
Knight

Postby Superdreuzel » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:19 pm

I think you forgot the biggest bug in the game :o
Image]

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:44 am

Namely?

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:43 am

Wow! Is the patch already v2.2?
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:07 pm

Yeah, now there are some more glitches fixed like the bugged bomb puzzle in the Bound Kingdom North Dungeon or the Iron Barrier bug which doesn't let you heal yourself after using IP moves like Iron Barrier because it not only blocks neutral attacks, but also healing moves.

And Dreuzel is talking about Idura not surviving. :wink:

goobers
Red Jelly

Postby goobers » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:12 pm

I just had to register and say that this is amazing work!!! Textual and grammar errors always bug me... don't game developers have spell checkers and proofreaders?

Thanks, vivify and Artemis and anyone else who contributed on this project!!!

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:00 pm

Glad you like it.

Well, I did rework the Sinistral battles on Kureji Lufia a bit. As I'm not quite sure about the balancing, I'd like to ask whether someone would like to test it? Just the final fights on Doom Island (on the NOT hardcore difficulty), I mean.

I also fixed some grammar mistakes (which admittedly I created beforehand). Here is the beta version:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ynnodymam3h

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:17 am

Artemis wrote:Glad you like it.

Well, I did rework the Sinistral battles on Kureji Lufia a bit. As I'm not quite sure about the balancing, I'd like to ask whether someone would like to test it? Just the final fights on Doom Island (on the NOT hardcore difficulty), I mean.

I also fixed some grammar mistakes (which admittedly I created beforehand). Here is the beta version:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ynnodymam3h

It's not working for me. I'm fairly sure I did everything right with the download (I hadn't touched the ROM in a while, so I got rid of everything a week ago), but whenever I go to load it, I get this:

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:12 pm

What version of the game are you using? Is that the european version or the NA version?
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:45 pm

Yeah, seems to be the wrong ROM.

It has to be the NA version. I did test it with the German version right now and I got the exact same like in the picture.

And about the Sinistrals: Please fight them without the Egg Ring and without the three Ancient Cave treasures you get from the Master.

And I suggest - aside from Miracles - to buy lots of statues beforehand if you didn't. Regains might also be somehow useful, too.

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:16 am

Artemis wrote:Yeah, seems to be the wrong ROM.

It has to be the NA version. I did test it with the German version right now and I got the exact same like in the picture.

And about the Sinistrals: Please fight them without the Egg Ring and without the three Ancient Cave treasures you get from the Master.

And I suggest - aside from Miracles - to buy lots of statues beforehand if you didn't. Regains might also be somehow useful, too.

Yup, that was the problem. *looks for a desk and repeatedly smacks head on it* :)

Without the AC-completion red chests and no Egg Ring, eh? Won't be a problem - if you've changed nothing else, I have no real interest in the rest of the bosses, so I'll speed through it by using cheat codes. I'm not looking forward to fighting the Venge Ghost again though - I never should've gotten rid of my old saves...

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:08 pm

I did change some other small things as well, but mainly I'm interested in the Sinistrals.

What a pity that you don't have the saves anymore. But isn't there an endgame save at Zophar's Domain? Maybe that might help as well.

xXDeszarasXx
Red Jelly

Postby xXDeszarasXx » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:19 pm

I have alot of Savestates near the end of the game with your party between lvl 45-52 i think.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”