Lufia-Patches Version 2.16 (Retrans, Kureji Lufia, La Puella)

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sun May 09, 2010 7:03 pm

Ah, nice to know this about the escape scene.

However, what bother me most now are some other things about the tank and Erim battle scene.

1) Why does Prince Klaus run towards Maxim at first before running behind his tank. Couldn't just one single Sword Slash of Maxim prevent the whole tank battle? I think this might be especially helpful in Kureji Lufia. :wink:

2) Is it really such a good place where Erim appears to fight her? I mean there is a teleporter between them...

Well, what do you think about this for the three armanents:

They gave us armor, shield and helmet which we put in the three towers.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sun May 09, 2010 8:21 pm

I actually meant the "They gave us armor, shield, and helmet" part sounded wrong.

I was wondering if it wouldn't sound better as "They bestowed armor, shield, and helmet. We put them in the three towers."

EDIT: I dunno if you're just joking about Prince Klaus and Erim, but...

1.) I wouldn't remove the tank battle. Maybe for Kureji, but not Frue.
2.) If you need to move Erim, move her to just before the teleporter. Maxim and Selan would move down a tile.

Code: Select all

1 = Maxim
2 = Guy
3 = Selan
4 = Artea
5 = Erim (hopefully using her Sinistral sprite)

EDIT2: The first anniversary of this topic (and I also believe my impromptu signing up on the team as an alpha, beta, and gamma (hopefully not delta) tester) is coming up soon! May 23rd. Mark your calendars, people! :lol:

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Tue May 11, 2010 9:07 pm

Hurray! Let's all sing for a happy topic creation day!

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Thu May 13, 2010 12:02 am

Okay, I think I'm ready now with the updates, but I'll wait a few days until the 23rd with the new version then.

As final note, I didn't change the "is really" thing because I think it's okay so as well in informal English.

And I didn't change the sentence with the armor, shield and helmet.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Thu May 13, 2010 3:16 am

Re "is really": That's fine; it works, it just sounds odd to my ears. I'm not the one we're pleasing here, it's a bunch of fans!

Re armor etc.: Yeah, I don't think there's much to be done. No space, I believe you said.

Speaking of releases, do you plan to release this on RHDN? The patches would need to be split up (and I think a new entire discussion could come of how they should be split :lol:), but I think after the Gamma Test, you should do that.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sat May 15, 2010 10:09 pm

Releasing on RHDN? Hmm, maybe if this version hasn't to become updated for quite some time. But I think I'll wait still a little bit.

RiketzKarlom
Red Jelly

Lost and confused

Postby RiketzKarlom » Mon May 24, 2010 5:32 am

Hi, I'm completely new here. See, the almighty google figured this was the place to find a decent Lufia 2 retranslation/bug fix patch. I'm wondering if there'd be a way to obtain such a patch without going through a large sequence of smaller patches, trying to figure out the correct order, and hoping I don't break something or add in a super monster. The reason for this hunt is a friend who's never even heard of the series, and being able to present a clearly improved version with the same level of difficulty as the original would be just awesome. I'd be grateful if someone would help me out. And of course, if this post is unwanted or in the wrong area, I will delete it post-haste. Thank you very much.

EDIT : Aaand now I realize that's what frue Lufia means. Guess it's an injoke or something, though I still feel pretty dumb. I'll leave this here seeing as how this forum has no structure anyhow.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Mon May 24, 2010 9:41 am

The Frue Lufia patch does completely fix everything so that you don't have to use another patches afterwards.

The other patches which only do one particular thing are only for those who just want particular things like maybe fixed enemies but no dialogue changes.

Rezic
Knight

Postby Rezic » Mon May 31, 2010 7:28 pm

I think it would be AWESOME make a patch that replaces all the current soundtrack with remixes and such... just sayin' ^^;
<a href="http://www.lufiaworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1386368">Advent Shadows RP</a>

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:08 am

Yeah, that would be nice. :)

Rezic
Knight

Postby Rezic » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:13 am

I know Megadriver did it with Contra...I'm not sure how... but they completely metalized the entire soundtrack and put it in a ROM. So if one were to embark on the endeavor it would be possible...in theory.

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:20 pm

would be difficult, since technically the snes emulator "emulates" the actual snes. Would a real snes be able to play certain remixes?

Also, I still demand you replace l2 characters with board members :P.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:34 pm

Don't think it's possible unless the game uses a CD-based format. The Megadrive had a CD add-on, so it I guess it was possible to hack the games with CD based audio.

I'd stick with the SNES soundtrack any day. That and I think the only possible remix soundtrack is directly from the game, and that is Nintendo DS priority.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:29 pm

Volt wrote:Also, I still demand you replace l2 characters with board members :P.

Do you mean only from the Lufia World forum or from a certain other Lufia themed board as well? In the second case I think I know the right one for Prince Alex.

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:12 am

lol, just these boards. This is the place to be for lufia stuff. To hell with all others :D!

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”