Lufia-Patches Version 2.16 (Retrans, Kureji Lufia, La Puella)

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:14 pm

Hmm, maybe that might help. I'm still using v1.42.

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:32 am

There was a bit of slowdown in the menus when I played earlier, but I figured out the problem. Unchecking "Apply Cheats" is what caused it. idk why the bosses got changed, but that hasn't happened since.

At Gordovan Tower again. Gades is going to be fun as usual. :roll:

Did anything in the Doom Island battles change from last time? Last version I played gave Amon the Big Bang attack.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:33 am

Wait, are you playing Kureji Lufia? Because La Puella won't show herself there - she only appears in Spekkio Lufia.

In Spekkio Lufia aside from La Puella only the final Sinistrals, the Master and our egg-obsessed friend are stronger.

The Sinistrals have higher stats but basically their old patterns... with the exception of Daos - because it was just too predictable and pathetic for a final boss. However, every Sinistrals is beatable at quite low levels around 40-50 so there's not really a challenge after dealing with their Kureji counterparts.

The Master has some new abilities, but he should fall quite easily if you bring in Dekar and good weaponry.

Eggy, however, is a different story. His power depends now on the party level. To get an easy Egg Ring which might be handy for that red spider lady I recommend being under level 50 because then you basically get the original fight. On the other hand, fighting against a levell 99-party he changes into a real beast (though still nothing compared to his Kureji counterpart).

In Kureji Lufia not much has changed since last time. But there are some little things:

Erim and Daos have stopped spamming Zap and use now their very own spells. As the Thunder Goddess she is in Lufia 1 Erimnow has a strong lightning spell called Ball Lightning and Daos got an ice spell of the same caliber called Absolute Zero.

And our wish granting friend... better just don't touch him...
Even if the Egg Ring is quite great, it's just not worth it. :o

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:27 pm

I *think* it's Kureji at this point, unless the bosses are similar in Spekkio?

though:

Hmm, this is weird. I patched Spekkio & headed back to Parcelyte. La Puella was there, obviously. I closed, applied the patch of Kureji, did the same, and La Puella was still there.

I'm not sure if you can battle her in Kureji or not, but I'm pretty sure over-patching affects the save state - it did in the past, 'cause I did that for certain bosses.

I'll see if hard-saving affects anything.

edit: La Puella was still there when I hard-saved and went into the castle.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:41 pm

That's strange. She should be there if you transfer a savestate, but only as long as you stay on the same map.

But she should definitely not be there after hard-saving.

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:49 pm

Well, I figured out why La Puella was still there (at least, I'll assume this is correct.)

The save state I used was one that had Spekkio Lufia patched at the start. I went to the original version to have an easier time with Gades, hard-saved in Parcelyte, patched Kureji, went into the castle, no La Puella.

This does not, however, explain why she was there when I used another patch, then left the room. I'll chalk that up to save state weirdness, as I have no clue whatsoever how it happened.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:51 pm

I wonder does everything work fine now? And did you already come to a point where La Puella is fightable?

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:52 pm

Yes, and I'm way past where it's initially available - about to get the Submarine. Will probably fight her once I level Arty a bit. Early trip to Chaed here I come!

I did "fight" her when it was just Maxim & Selan though...that was not a good idea. :lol:

Are there any status effects I should watch for?

edit: nvm my question, I went ahead with the battle. In two attempts, I was able to kill her quite easily. The constantly escaping & resummoned Queen Spiders are a problem - my stats may not be high enough to finish them off...

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:50 am

Yeah, whereas she's not that hard to kill, her Queen Spider are the main problem here.

What is your current level? And did you beat the Egg Dragon already?

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:57 am

Maxim/Guy/Selan 95+, Artea is somewhere in the 80's.

and no to the Egg Dragon. I'll probably use the original version to glitch-kill him with a Potion or something, though I see there's a code for infinite Egg Dragon wishes. I probably won't use it though - the stat potions from Narvick should be sufficient.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:00 am

Level 95+? Did anyone already reach level 99? Just curious whether Eggy already had its final form.

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:28 pm

Everyone @ level 99 right now (initially thought Artea wasn't, but I was incorrect), though I still have to make my 4th wish. I put the egg hunt off to advance the story - I did the Shrine of Vengeance (and in the process somehow forgot Silvo Rapiers until I was in the middle of the battle.) That made it harder than it should've been. Had no difficulty with the White Dragons though.

I should have no problem with the Fire Dragon at this point, so I'll see how quickly Eggy rapes the crap out of me.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:15 pm

You are playing Kureji Lufia at the moment?

Well, in Spekkio Lufia there aren't stat potions to buy in Narvick. Therefore, it would be quite mean to buy them to use against La Puella. :lol:

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:42 pm

Spekkio at the moment, and the stat potions would only be a last resort for La Puella...unfortunately, it got to that point - it's worse than the Gargoyles fight. Only thing I can think of that could possibly work is Sea Ring'd Octo Strike, but that + Maxim/Artea/Selan attacking is not guaranteed to do enough damage.

Eggy was in final form, and he completely annihilated me in one round. Diamond Dust + Meteor killed everyone but Arty, who had his eggs scrambled.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:02 pm

Sea Ring'd Octo Strike might be a very good plan.

drcossack wrote:Eggy was in final form, and he completely annihilated me in one round. Diamond Dust + Meteor killed everyone but Arty, who had his eggs scrambled.

That sounds more like Kureji. Spekkio's final form is strong as well, but he hasn't Meteor and he definitely can't scrambled anyones balls in his last turn. Instead he should use a defensive move as last one of the first turn.

And he should have Sinistral battle theme. I guess you had the Arek theme.

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”