Lufia-Patches Version 2.16 (Retrans, Kureji Lufia, La Puella)

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:00 am

I guess it was Kureji. Well, whatever.

I managed to beat La Puella. Wasn't that bad.

All at level 99:

Guy: Gades Blade/Mirac Plate/Dark Mirror/Agni Helm/Sea Ring/Spider Jewel

Maxim: Burn Sword/Mirac Plate/Dark Mirror/Agni Helm/Egg Ring/Spider Jewel

Selan: Blaze Sword/Seethru Silk/Bunny Tray/Bunny Ears/Ghost Ring/Magma Rock

Artea: Dragslayer/God Rob/Dark Mirror/Bunny Ears/Sea Ring/Gold Eye

Strategy:

SpiderWeb IP twice (though Maxim doesn't need the speed drop); this way, everyone but Guy goes before La Puella, and Guy goes after the spiders have escaped. I figured that would be the key to winning the battle, so I made sure to start with that. Guy attacks every round, with occasional Octo-Strikes to accelerate the fight (though that prompts La Puella to heal with a Miracle. x_x)

Maxim, after getting a few Berserks, does 3k minimum with Egg Ring Burn Sword. Other than that, heal as needed, blah blah blah.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:33 am

Congratulations! So La Puella did fall...

Guess Gades Blade and Sea Ring were too much for her. But you weren't this first one to beat her. In fact, someone was way faster than you. He did complete annihilate her with a single Scrambled Egg attack.

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:53 am

Egg Dragon eh? Well, forget that. Both the Spekkio & Kureji Lufia versions are way too much for me. I do better against Fruely Hardcore Daos...

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:00 am

Fruely Hardcore Daos easier than Spekkio Dragon? No way! :lol:

I mean his Terror Wave completely removes all the MP... and then the Dark Reflector hell.
I don't think Spekkio Eggy has anything comparable. Sure, he's very strong as well, but he's definitely in a completely different league than Hardcore Daos.

And how did you win against the Queen Spiders then? I guess it was because of the Octo-Strike.

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:37 pm

Yeah, Octo Strike sealed it. 1k+ per hit with it, the only enemies were La Puella & a Queen Spider. I forget which of the two fell first though. :lol:

That was the problem when I had her earlier - killing La Puella first is not a good thing. Fills the field with Queen Spiders. :roll:

I might as well try to finish the entire thing this time, as the only bosses on Kureji I haven't been able to beat are Erim (Fruely Hardcore), Egg Dragon, and both versions of Daos. Still, I have to admit I enjoy your ROM-hacks. The original version of the game is not a challenge at all - just hold the L Button & heal occasionally. Playing the patches actually forces you to think, plan, and, on occasion, want to pull your hair out (lol), which I absolutely love.

I might give Spekkio Eggy a try once I get to Narvick though - without stat potions, he is...impossible. I want to see what a maxed out party can do to La Puella as well.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:52 pm

Spekkio Dragon is very hard without the potions, but not impossible. It took me about an hour to beat him finally. It's a difference to the final Kureji bosses that he isn't protected against... Well, therefore, it might be a good idea to make usage of this little weakness. :D

However, if you are going to try La Puella with maxed stats, you might try to beat her before she uses her Miracle.

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:27 am

Ok, WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO ERIM? Eerie Light on Difficult now cancels stat boosts? :cry:

edit: ok, it's apparently only defensive boosts, which is still a pain. I did manage to beat her though.
Last edited by drcossack on Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Yeah, Erim's Eerie Light cancels physical and magical defense as well as intelligence. I wanted her to be no pushover and considering you commented on her I guess it worked. :wink:

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:26 pm

Artemis wrote:Yeah, Erim's Eerie Light cancels physical and magical defense as well as intelligence. I wanted her to be no pushover and considering you commented on her I guess it worked. :wink:

You sadistic *******. :twisted:

I might try beating her on Fruely Hardcore now; Eerie Light canceling boosts is one of the main reasons I never could. Is that version of it still on steroids?

Still losing to Daos, but I'm gonna look at your youtube vids again to see if I can get any ideas. Merciless, Final Judgment, and Hopeless Scream are still my biggest problems; I probably would have an easier time if I didn't refuse to use save states in that fight though.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:58 pm

drcossack wrote:You sadistic *******. :twisted:

:cry:

drcossack wrote:I might try beating her on Fruely Hardcore now; Eerie Light canceling boosts is one of the main reasons I never could. Is that version of it still on steroids?

Of course she is. In my opinion she's way harder than difficult version Daos.

drcossack wrote:Still losing to Daos, but I'm gonna look at your youtube vids again to see if I can get any ideas. Merciless, Final Judgment, and Hopeless Scream are still my biggest problems; I probably would have an easier time if I didn't refuse to use save states in that fight though.

I don't use savestates as well (for the non-hardcore version). I really like the tension if both comes to its end - his HP and my miracles. But Dark Reflector isn't a problem? I would have thought this might be the biggest difference to Erim - considering that Merciless/Final Judgment is basically Divine Force and Hopeless Scream is basically Noble Blood.

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:08 pm

Nah, Reflector isn't a problem with Multi Sword and Guy moving before Maxim. Unfortunately, I forgot Wave Motion increases Maxim's stats every time he uses it, so I used it a second time.

Hopeless Scream isn't as bad as Merciless + Final Judgment though - if Merciless fails, he switches to Final Judgment. :cry:

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:31 pm

But Merciless/Final Jugdment is the same as Erim's Divine Force, both attacks just kill you (in most cases).

The only difference is that Daos can use it every round instead of Erim who has to use Miracle Song every six rounds. However, most of the time both Sinistrals will use their multi-target spell instead, anyway.

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:45 am

Well, it only took me about a year and 3 months, but I FINALLY BEAT NORMAL DIFFICULTY DAOS!

Now to go back and do all 4 on Fruely Hardcore. Erim & Daos should be entertaining.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:18 pm

Congrats then!

Which equipment did you use? Did you equip an Egg Ring?

And Frue Erim and Frue Daos will be just pure evil. I guess there isn't anything which might be that cruel - aside from Frue Eggy and the Frue God of Jellies, of course. :P

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:22 pm

Nope. Had to heal every round, and I broke my no savestates rule late in Phase 2, but I really didn't even do anything with that - I just wanted to make sure I had decent HP for the start of Phase 3 so I could self-heal myself with Miracles (which I also did at the start of Phase 2.)

edit: Two on Fruely Hardcore down, two to go. Not looking forward to these two, they're...not very nice.

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”