Lufia-Patches Version 2.16 (Retrans, Kureji Lufia, La Puella)

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:47 am

So, I as well dared to challenge the four "regular" Sinistrals in an attempt to get them all without using savestates. Though I had some near-death situations in the Erim and Daos battles, where I only could pray that they use not their most devastating attacks in exactly that turn and that a multi-targeted Valor hopefully connects, I finally managed to win the battle on Doom Island. It took almost 5 hours game time which should be around 2 hours real time as well as it took almost all Miracles and Goddess Idols.

It started not that hard with...

Gades - God of Destruction:

The first Sinistral was the easiest, of course. Although his Octo-Strike can do quite some damage if he gets too much criticals. But that doesn't happen too often fortunately. And other than that he stopped me from using Wave Motion in the first round by using Spirit Breaker on Maxim which steals all his IP which annoyed me a little bit, he went down quite easily - however, the battle took around 45 minutes as even Gades can take quite a few hits.

After we could finally pass we encountered...

Amon - God of Chaos:

He isn't that hard, but unlike Gades it takes some ressources because he uses his Chaos Black move almost every round which gives the mirror status to the whole group. So, I had to use a lot of Goddess Idols instead of healing by magic. Again, I couldn't use Wave Motion in the first round because he killed Maxim very quickly before he could act. But although I had to use lots of items, I hadn't to use even one Miracle and after around 40 minutes the God of Chaos finally gave up and went crying to his master.

However, the real fun started with...

Erim - Goddess of Death:

She's way harder than her predecessors. Again, I couldn't use Wave Motion in round 1. Waaah, that's so mean! She has some powerful attacks like Noble Blood (from Lufia TLR's Iris) and Divine Force which kills instantly - and she can perform Eerie Light. After her first Eerie Light she almost got me so that my only option was praying to the heavens. However, for some reason she decided to not finish me off so that the fight went on. Around 75 minutes and exactly 32 Miracles later she got her final punch on the nose...

After a little trip to get all the Miracles it's finally time to face...

Daos - God of Terror:

He doesn't like to lose, but of course me neither... after playing almost three hours. But I could start with Wave Motion this time. Yay! But he spammed lots of Dark Reflectors and deadly Merciless and Final Judgment attacks. At the end of the battle a lot of things converged to zero... His HP, my Miracles and the damage I could inflicted. Whereas Maxim's Wave Motion powered up hits did up to 3000 damage at the beginning, it did only 1500-2000 at the end due to his raising defense. And I hadn't anything against it because I prefered Dimwit over Weakpoint so that I could lower his intelligence a bit which was quite good as he has quite the powerful magic with his Absolute Zero spell. However, after almost 2 hours and exactly 51 Miracles the battle was finally won...

But wait... After all that trouble... Do Maxim and Selan really deserve to die...? I mean after beating all these ridiculously overpowered foes... Why?!

However, it is finally over... isn't it...?

*scents the taste of some sunny side up and scrambled eggs in the air*

So let's go back in time for the ultimate challenge...

Egg Dragon - God of all your sweetest dreams and cruelest nightmares:

He can be quite nice considering he grants you some wishes, but after that, when you can fight him, he's a real beast. In retrospect I don't get how Daos can be so self-confident if there exist a lot of beings who are just so much more powerful - like Arek, Iris and of course our egg obsessed fella. He can deliver some hard blows as well as tank a lot of damage. And sometimes he flies up into the air where none of your weapons and magic will reach him - which is quite nasty as has the same auto-heal ability as the Sinistrals which may let him heal 2000 HP per turn, but only if he feels like using it (25% probability). And he doesn't even have a weakness. No, there's only one element which can inflict damage, but he's not weak to it. However, after 50 Miracles and exactly 5 hours and 43 minutes he finally went down (without having to use savestates, of course^^). Though it's quite scary that he's not really injured in any way. I mean he just stands there instantly ready to fight again at full power.

Well, considering all the effort to get the Egg Ring here, I think it's just not worth all the pain as even without the ring all the Sinistrals combined take less time.

However, I would really like to play some of the harder versions on a real cart somewhen in the future. :D

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:58 am

Artemis wrote:
However, I would really like to play some of the harder versions on a real cart somewhen in the future. :D

haha, you too? I can't begin to imagine how much of a nightmare that would be though - unlike on the ROM, you can't kill one, then pick it up again a week later. It'd be interesting to see how that unfolds though, as I've done Lufia 2 marathons before (of the Ancient Cave - would spend all day on it, with breaks to eat & use the bathroom.)

That said, I have reached my limit. Hardcore Erim is just beyond what I'm capable of beating. Can't do a thing to her when she enters Phase 2. I think Hardcore Daos may be manageable, but it depends entirely on the frequency of Merciless/Final Judgment.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:29 pm

Yeah, Hardcore Erim is one of the hardest battles. I think she's even harder than "regular" Eggy. But you think Daos is more manageable than her? How about his Terror Wave which removes completely everyone's MP? And his Dark Reflector might also cause lots of trouble.

I guess the hardcore version is the only version I wouldn't want to play on a real SNES because this would just be overkill.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:29 pm

I've been playing Lufia: The Ruins of Lore lately! It's actually pretty addictive, even if it wasn't made by Neverland.

I have some notes on the translations Atlus used for enemy names, and also a side note.

-karakara: translated as "Crow" again (?).
-gureeto koka: translated as "Neo Trice" (?).
-sunoogasu: translated as "Snow Fiend" (?).
-aamaneiru: translated as "Armored Nail," even though that doesn't match the Kana and Romaji.
-tautona: translated as "Tartoner" (?).
-doben: translated as "Doben."
-Death Butterfly: translated as "Death Moth."
-Garbost: translated as "Garbost."
-kairyuu: translated as "'Sea Dragon."
-sentorope: translated as "Sentopez" like in vanilla English Lufia II.
-uindona: translated as "Windona."
-horina: translated as "Holiner."
-No Core: translated as "Anti-Core."
-serufako: I looked over the monster list on GameFAQs, and I haven't seen a monster that incorporates the -ako part, but the "serufu-" part was translated as "Selph."
-Side Note: you and KWhazit were right, and Square-Enix was... *dun-dun-dunnn!* wrong! It is "Katyusha" and not "Cachusha." What is a "Cachusha" anyway? :lol:
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Superdreuzel
Knight

Re: Lufia-Patches Version 2.9 (Retrans, Kureji Lufia, La Pue

Postby Superdreuzel » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:59 pm

I shall dust of my zsnes again. Long time since i played Lufia. I'll download the latest version, too :)
Image]

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Gwarg, I can't believe I overlooked something like this...

Considering you can get over 999 HP, I made the Miracles way more powerful... which allowed you to one-shot Venge Ghost and almost one-shot Ghost Ship as well. And even in Kureji Lufia you could kill Revenge Ghost in a single round by just spamming Miracles.

Had to fix it, of course. :D

And, Superdreuzel, why is your sig bigger than my whole f-king post? :mrgreen:

Superdreuzel
Knight

Postby Superdreuzel » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:29 pm

Artemis wrote:Gwarg, I can't believe I overlooked something like this...

Considering you can get over 999 HP, I made the Miracles way more powerful... which allowed you to one-shot Venge Ghost and almost one-shot Ghost Ship as well. And even in Kureji Lufia you could kill Revenge Ghost in a single round by just spamming Miracles.

Had to fix it, of course. :D

And, Superdreuzel, why is your sig bigger than my whole f-king post? :mrgreen:

Hmm, killing superbosses with miracles doesn't sound good^^

Well, because Idura's in it, of course 8)
(and because the Sini's are of rediculous size)
Image]

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:16 am

Wow, today I heard about the Master in the fruely hardcore version of Kureji Lufia annihilated completely without reloading a single savestate...

What a divine miracle...

Superdreuzel
Knight

Postby Superdreuzel » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:33 pm

Artemis wrote:Wow, today I heard about the Master in the fruely hardcore version of Kureji Lufia annihilated completely without reloading a single savestate...

What a divine miracle...

who was it?
Image]

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:41 pm

ionenwks from GameFAQs. Though, the YouTube account is named evanichu.

Superdreuzel
Knight

Postby Superdreuzel » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:32 pm

a job well done, I would say
Image]

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:48 pm

Artemis, I think it's time you released these patches to romhacking.net. Lots of people are still clamoring for a retranslation and bug fixes, and your patch can provide it.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:57 pm

I registered some weeks ago. Was just too lazy to write a proper description.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:53 pm

I could whip up a description real quick.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:23 am

That sounds good. :D

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”