Lufia-Patches Version 2.16 (Retrans, Kureji Lufia, La Puella)

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Re: Lufia-Patches Version 2.9 (Retrans, Kureji Lufia, La Pue

Postby Artemis » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:57 pm

Well, here is something of the documentation stuff made by Reli.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kaocc1snf62vnu0

He also made an expansion patch to add more room for monster data. It is included in Frue Lufia as well, so it might be a good idea to use this.

Oh, and coincidentally I made a topic about monster discussion a few days ago at GameFAQs.

Solar Prominence
Red Jelly

Postby Solar Prominence » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:27 am

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'll check out your gamefaqs topic too.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:28 am

This might help, but I guess it doesn't answer all the questions about how the pointers work. Also important are the so called general purpose registers as you can make some non trivial monster behaviour by using them properly. Sadly almost all of the original enemies just have plain boring and generic scripts.

And did you try also some of the optional battles like La Puella or Egg Dragon? If so, did you win and what were your levels?

Solar Prominence
Red Jelly

Postby Solar Prominence » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:27 pm

I think I have an idea of how the pointers work. It looks like each pointer in the pointer table tells the game to start reading the monster data at a given offset from the start of the monster data block. The AI script and reaction pointers give an offset of X amount of bytes from the start of that monster's data. At least I think that's how it's done.

The registers...yeah, they're confusing. From looking at Daos' script, they can be used to count turns since an attack was used (for Terror Wave) and cycle through different attacks, as he does. If you used multiple registers, you could have them change their pattern entirely depending on, say, their current HP, although it would need lots of free bytes for all those conditionals.

As for La Puella, when I had a go at her at level 60, it was a humbling experience. I could damage her fine, but the damage on my side piled up faster than I could keep pace with, and I was worn down well before I could defeat her. I wasn't about to let some spider get the better of me, so I trawled the Ancient cave for some better armor, leveled up, and returned with everyone at ~lv85.

This time, Guy with a Gades Blade, a Sea Ring and some ATP buffs was able to do the job; it helped that he always acted after the spider lackeys ran away. Eventually, I was able to pull ahead and finish the battle. Quite a fun challenge! Only the upgraded Sinistrals came close to this, and I was in the 40s then.

I'm hesitant to go after the Egg Dragon right now; I don't want to spoil myself with the Bestiary page, so I don't know what's coming for me...

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:14 pm

About the pointers you are completely right.

As well as about registers you're right, too. However, there are eight registers, but only four (83, 84, 85, 87) should be used for loops. The other four (80, 81, 82, 86) can be manipulated by other factors like certain IP moves. Register 86 is also used for loops in the original game, however, IP moves like for example Dark Mist can influence it. Therefore using Dark Mist might mess up the Sinistrals' attacking scheme so that for example Erim won't use Devastation Wave any more (or at least for arounds 65536 rounds).

And about Eggy, well, if you didn't fight him until now, you might have skipped quite a few of his forms as they are level-based. This doesn't affect any kind of reward though, and his final form at level 99 is the hardest, anyway.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Re: Lufia-Patches Version 2.13 (Retrans, Kureji Lufia, La Puella)

Postby vivify93 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:10 pm

Gonna bump this up after a few years. Man, it's been 6 years and Artemis still never put any of Lufia-Patches up on RHDN...

Edit - Artemis, you're gonna think this was a rude move on my part, but it's done. http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.p ... 324.0.html
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Superdreuzel
Knight

Postby Superdreuzel » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:02 am

I still need to complete this. Shame on me.
Image]

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:59 am

Yeah! Now that I see it again, I really feel like doing a new playthrough. Now should I do Kureji or Spekkio...

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:06 pm

Spekkio.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:35 pm

I stickied this topic so it's easier to find the patch.
(and did the same for the topic for the Lufia I/TLR clean-up patches)
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:37 pm

Wow, look who decided to suddenly reappear after four years to post one word! How've you been Artemis?

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:48 pm

One word was fully sufficient to answer the question. Lurked in sometimes, but I guess my interest in Lufia is somehow fading.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Re: Lufia-Patches Version 2.16 (Retrans, Kureji Lufia, La Puella)

Postby vivify93 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:23 am

The Lufia-Patches are now at v3. http://www.mediafire.com/file/shf44w293 ... hes_v3.zip It's in beta, so any bug reports would likely be appreciated by Artemis. A crapload of stuff was fixed due to the fact that I got Rainponcho and Artemis in contact.

- Ancient Cave Items Fixer (Lets you find helmets, shields, rings, and rocks past B9)

- Ancient Cave Stairs Fixer (No longer reset after you die on the stairs)

- Chaed Submarine Cave Fixer (Graphical issue fixed)

- Churches and Crosses Restorer (Restores all the crosses to the churches in the world.)

- Flame Jewel Blue Chest Item (The Flame Jewel is now a Blue Chest Item.)

- Frue Zap Restorer (Fry and Zap now have a pentacle instead of a triangle like in Estpolis Denki II!)

- Guaranteed Enemy Drop Possible (More of a technical issue update to the engine than a fix, but now you can set enemies to drop their items 100% of the time if you modded the game.)

- Inn Stay Fixer (Fixes the issue of innkeepers not taking money if you can't afford their full price.)

- Lufia Report Fixer (The Lufia II Report would show improper values sometimes upon reloading a save file. This is fixed.)

- Merix Shop Fixer (Boundary issue fixed in Merix's magic shop.)

- Mirror Bug Fixer (Fixes the bug where a reflected spell would sometimes crash the game.)

- Phantom Drop Fixer (Fixes the issue of enemies dropping items that aren't shown in the victory menu.)

- Pico Village Fixer (Fixes a graphical issue in Pico Forest.)

- Poison Bug Fixer (Fixes the issue of the last enemy or ally dying of the poison ailment.)

- Sealed Towers Fixer (Fixes the issue of being able to jump to places you're not supposed to.)

- Shrine of Daos Fixer (Fixes another boundary issue in the room Erim is fought in.)

- Wave Ring as wished feed (Deals with some problems with the Capsule Monsters' next wished-for item to eat.)
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:10 pm

So after some more bugfixing here's the new and hopefully final beta:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3owvnwbpa737717/Lufia-Patches_v3.zip

Swordmaster
Soldier

Postby Swordmaster » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:27 pm

These are from Frue Lufia v3.

Probably not grammatically incorrect, technically. Though it would sound more natural as, "What's it taste like, I wonder?" I am assuming this was the intent.

Same as above. "I will study all my life with all my heart to become king in my own right." This is assuming he's not planning on traveling the world to study all of life.

Huh... I could have sworn I found more than this, but I guess not. After reporting on Lufia-TLR, I decided to stop recording anything related to commas. Unless it is glaringly obvious, that is. Apparently, comma placement can be a gray area. At any rate, there are your pics, Artemis-sama. If they are not actual errors, I apologize for my unwarranted assumptions. If it please the master, I shall report any other errors I come across. ::bows deeply::

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”