Lufia-Patches Version 2.16 (Retrans, Kureji Lufia, La Puella)

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Re: Lufia-Patches Version 2.16 (Retrans, Kureji Lufia, La Puella)

Postby Artemis » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:41 pm

Sure, just post anything else. And tell me when you've completed the game. As I haven't made v3 official yet, I'll wait until you're ready then for sure.

I won't do anything about these two issues, though. As it's if anything only somewhat unnatural and every change actually can lead to other errors such as the game crushing at other dialogues.

And yeah, there are actually some commas which aren't correct technically, but I turned a blind eye because I found it to be better to read - such as some commas before if.

Swordmaster
Soldier

Postby Swordmaster » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:05 pm

Understood. I shall attempt to refrain from reporting on inconsequential errors.

He destroyed the bridge to north?

Bridge Cave? Everyone in Merix called it North Cave.

Oh, are we calling it "Tweak" now? Perhaps we should inform vivify93 of this...

I know I'm trying to not report these, but shouldn't that second comma be removed? It seems to flow better without it. If that doesn't work, perhaps replace it with a semicolon.

So far, it's pretty solid. I sincerely applaud thine efforts, Artemis-sama.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:40 am

Actually I allowed different names for some places. I even let the Narvick people call Doom Island Sky Island instead.

And these commas I'll let that way. Because there are properly quite a lot questionable commas. And the less commas are that way, the more are they sticking out. See it as the uncanny comma valley. Therefore, I'll only remove any more commas, if something is really, really wrong.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:03 pm

So this is the newest version. Still beta, but hopefully this will be the final version, then.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/m5dspryrjeidadd/Lufia-Patches_v3.zip

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:32 pm

As usual, I will ask: are there any major changes to Frue Lufia?
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:26 am

As usual: No. :D

I guess it's almost safe to assume that there won't be any major changes to Frue any time soon. Unless something really is heavily wrong, there really shouldn't come any major change.

And how about you, Swordmaster, did you finish your playthrough?

Swordmaster
Soldier

Postby Swordmaster » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:27 am

I'm nearly done. There was a large stretch of time when I wasn't able to play, but I'm back on it. Got Artea and the ability to travel underwater. Also, I have a few reports to post. Though I'm not sure if they are bad enough to warrant your attention. I will likely post them tonight.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:56 am

Okay.

Swordmaster
Soldier

Postby Swordmaster » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Ok, first off... is this a bug? This has happened to me before in vanilla Lufia II, even playing on real hardware with a legit Lufia II cart.

Gusto just became Class 3. Next battle....

...it uses Air Attack, which it has not yet learned. I used to think it was some sort of glitch and it would never learn Air Attack for real, thereby leaving the SP. 3 slot as "Nothing". So, I decided to test this idea. Again, all this first happened many years ago on a legit cart.

Image Image
And it still learns Air Attack after many, many battles later. Interestingly enough, I never once saw Electro Bolt, until I learned Air Attack. Air Attack seems to happen most often, while Electro Bolt seems to be the most rare (after learning Air Attack). Is it possible the attacks got switched somehow?

It just seems as though "basements" should instead be "floors" or "levels". Likely not worth it, though.

"Now that the ship's done..."

"...to give to you."

This one is a bit of a mess. Eto... "To the south lie Forfeit Island and the kingdoms of Dankirk and Auralio. With a ship, you can go at any time."

Who is Henry? This is the only person in the game so far who even mentions this name.

"...by a large amount..."

"Makes a magic mirror..." Or, to sound better: "Creates a mirror that repels magic."

"...Just as I'd heard..."

First sentence is missing a question mark.

"many HP" sounds weird. Could it not be "lots of HP" or "full HP"? Yeah, I'm just being picky here.

lol, what? English was not this person's first language. "He better not have stopped off at another town!"

That's a bit of a continuity error. The event this comment is referring to hasn't happened yet.

Terror? Isn't this the Sinistral of Chaos? Or am I mistaken?

Image Image
This was a little interesting, though not an error. A very slight difference between saying "no" and pressing the "cancel" button. Can't remember which was which, though.

Image Image
"scary-looking" and "magic-user", respectively.

This is all I have so far. I hope it may be useful. ::bows::

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:30 pm

Thanks! Maybe I do a few corrections then, depending how easy and not-error-prone said corrections would be. But a few things I definitely won't change. Would you say any of your remarks is definitely necessary (including your older posts)? Which cannot be counted as some quirky talking.

I knew about Air Attack, but didn't know how to fix it, neither cared I enough to ask rainponcho for it. Maybe you're onto something with your idea.

About the continuity stuff: I actually dealt with continuity issues and in case of the girl, I've chosen the lesser of two evils. Originally she said 'You look sad.' before the sad inducing incident actually happened. So I made Selan look happy due to... what know I... giving flowers to girls and making peace between D & A Kingdoms. :D

And there's some issue with Daos and Amon switching titles in regards to Lufia 1.

Swordmaster
Soldier

Postby Swordmaster » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:15 pm

It sounds like it's a lot of trouble to edit the text in this game.

"He better has not stopped off at another town!" This is the only one I can think of that is definitely not right. (so far)

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:23 pm

Okay, fine! As this one is an easy one to fix, luckily.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:06 pm

About: What's it taste like?

What exactly does the "'s" mean in that sentence?

Swordmaster
Soldier

Postby Swordmaster » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:18 pm

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:26 pm

Ah! Didn't know it could also mean this (instead of: what is).

And judging from your reports, you did try to get as many dialogues as possible, right? Including the easier to miss ones, too?

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”