Lufia-Patches Version 2.16 (Retrans, Kureji Lufia, La Puella)

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Re: Lufia-Patches Version 2.16 (Retrans, Kureji Lufia, La Puella)

Postby Artemis » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:18 pm

Would you consider everything you've posted until now as written from someone not native speaker? Just curious because a few of them were my 'improvemnets' (I'm no native speaker) whereas the rest was already there from the beginning.

Swordmaster
Soldier

Postby Swordmaster » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:05 am

No, the only one I posted like that was the one I said was definitely not correct. My apologies, Artemis-sama. I did not realize you were a non-native English speaker. Most of what I previously posted was little more than "nitpicking". That is to say, incredibly minor errors. Though errors nonetheless.

I was speaking English fluently, and could read better than most adults before I started school. I'm not trying to brag, it's just an explanation. Language has always interested me. If you don't mind my asking, what was your first language?

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:17 am

I'm German. So are the upcoming errors nitpicking or definitely incorrect?

Swordmaster
Soldier

Postby Swordmaster » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:13 am

Ah, Sehr erfreut. All future reports will be major errors only. That is to say, obvious errors such as typos or spelling errors, and sentence structure errors like the aforementioned one. I will leave the many minor errors alone, since perfection is not the goal.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:14 am

Please post the minor stuff, too. Whether I'll do something about it will depend on whether it was already there or whether I caused it myself, though. Just tell me then what's minor and what's not.

Swordmaster
Soldier

Postby Swordmaster » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:50 am

Understood. I will post them all, and tell you which is which.

Swordmaster
Soldier

Postby Swordmaster » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:41 pm

My apologies for the late post. I greatly underestimated how busy I would be. Ok, here we go.

This one is minor. "...for all this time?" It's not technically incorrect, it just sounds a little unnatural.

This one is major. Bad English. "There are both good and evil gods, right? So if the bad gods show up, why not the good ones, too?" If there isn't enough space, you could leave out the word "both". It just sounds better with it.

Not sure about this one. Is this a shrine to Dragon Eggs? Or a shrine to the Egg Dragon? I guess it depends on what it says in Japanese. If it is indeed Dragon Eggs, there should probably be an "s" to make Eggs plural. But it seems more likely the words "Dragon" and "Egg" should be swapped to form "Egg Dragon".

Minor. "An Old Shield." would look better. Or even, "An Ancient Shield."

Minor. Missing a question mark.

Major. First sentence makes no sense. How about... "I went to the West Tower with my boyfriend." Maybe? It's hard to tell what was meant here.

Likely not an error. Bort? Why Bort? Just wondering.

Image Image
Minor. "Crescent-shaped" is a hyphenated word.

Minor, probably. Incorrect English. Either "Restores HP, also." or "Also restores HP." Or just, "Restores HP."

Minor. "Do you know of the sword called Dual Blade?"

Image Image Image
Minor. The gods are almost always referred to as "the gods".

Minor. "Airship" is a compound word.

That's all I have for now. Sorry it took so long.

Edit: Pay no attention to the party, as some of these were recorded on Gift Mode.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:09 pm

Are you done with your playthrough, then? Nevermind, there's still coming a little bit, eh?

And the Bort Shield is a diamond shield, however, that was too long so I had to come up with something else.

"There are both good and evil gods, right? So if bad gods show up, why not good ones, too?" - This is correct as well, right?
(Instead of: "There are both good and evil gods, right? So if bad gods show up, why no good ones, too?)

Swordmaster
Soldier

Postby Swordmaster » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:02 am

Artemis wrote:Are you done with your playthrough, then? Nevermind, there's still coming a little bit, eh?

I'll probably be done sometime this weekend or early next week.

Artemis wrote:And the Bort Shield is a diamond shield, however, that was too long so I had to come up with something else.

Ah, I see. I guess that's as good a replacement as any. (I had to look up the definition, since I'd never heard of it.)

Artemis wrote:"There are both good and evil gods, right? So if bad gods show up, why not good ones, too?" - This is correct as well, right?
(Instead of: "There are both good and evil gods, right? So if bad gods show up, why no good ones, too?)

Looks correct to me.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:34 am

About one major thing - it's:

I did (stand in front of the mirror), in the West Tower...

Would you say it's okay to leave it that way - as this woman obviously is obsessed with that mirror and in her mind "to do" is "to do stand in front of the mirror".

Or alternatively: Did it, in the... ?

Swordmaster
Soldier

Postby Swordmaster » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:52 pm

I see now why it was worded that way. I can't think of anything better, that would fit in the space allotted. But then, I am not one for brevity. Heh. It's just a random NPC, anyway.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:12 pm

So what do you prefer?

I did,...
or
Did it,...

Swordmaster
Soldier

Postby Swordmaster » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:26 pm

I think "did it" is a tiny bit better. A tiny bit more comprehensive, so yeah.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:54 am

Also looking thru it again: It is okay to say "shrine to the north" instead of "shrine in the north", right? (Where north means the shrine's location.)

"I heard you're off to the
small shrine to the north."

Or similar:

"There's a suspicious man
in the tower to the south."
Last edited by Artemis on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:14 pm

Image Image
This was a little interesting, though not an error. A very slight difference between saying "no" and pressing the "cancel" button. Can't remember which was which, though.

This is actually the case for most, if not all, instances of picking a "no" option or pressing the B button.

You are correct. Since the very beginning, I have been trying to see every bit of dialogue I can find. Including going places before I'm supposed to, and returning to earlier places after events to see if any dialogue had changed.

Alternate dialogue off the top of my head:

-Getting Tia without going back to Sundletan in Lake Cave >
man at the entrance of Sundletan thinks Tia is Maxim's girlfriend instead of telling Maxim that Tia is the one who was looking for him earlier

-Entering the Alunze cave without talking to Hilda and old man at the shrine first>
Some dialogue is worded slightly different and Abel, Tia and Maxim's conversation was also a bit different.
If you bring the key to Hilda without meeting her before, there's different dialogue (Maxim was like Oh the key? I just found it.)

- Entering Ruby Cave before talking to Rochy>
Maxim actually says "yes" instead of "no" when Rochy asks him if he's ever been in the cave

-Meeting Jyad at the mountain when you've never been in Aleyn also triggers a different conversation from the normal one

- All villagers in Narcysus actually have dialogue before Idura's flute event triggers. However this event automatically triggers when you reach the stairs, so most players will never read what the villagers on the east side of Narcysus have to say. You can read the dialogue by taking Jyad's ship back to either Aleyn or Gruberik right after arriving in Narcysus, and then using Warp to enter Narcysus from the actual entrance instead of the port.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”