Lufia I & III Patches (Lufia III Text Cleanup - v1.5, Lufia I Restored - v2.1)

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Re: Lufia I & III Patches (Lufia III Text Cleanup - v1.0, Lufia I Restored - v2.1)

Postby vivify93 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:32 pm

- "has became the Ultimate Ship.", "How Interesting!", two-period ellipsis: Fixed. I also took the liberty of looking for other two-period ellipses in the dialogue and fixed them up too, including one you're probably going to report in the ending after Seena is freed from Zalbak. "..It's OK... I will... see you again..."

- Are you sure that the extra exclamation mark isn't a VisualBoyAdvance glitch? I don't recall it appearing for me on BGB, and it doesn't appear in this video using the vanilla game. https://youtu.be/_c8KBGXZLeM?t=858 (14m 17s if the timed link doesn't work)

- Missing commas: This can be fixed if I overwrite German text, but I don't feel like tracking it down. Sorry.

- "menace from the Tower": I feel like this is fine as-is. At any rate, I can't change it since "malice" isn't in the dictionary.

- Yurist's missing question mark: Similar to the missing commas.

Thanks for your report. :) Eagerly awaiting the final one! ;)

Edit - Rainponcho restored the 8x16 credits font in the small boxes patch
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Swordmaster
Soldier

Re: Lufia I & III Patches (Lufia III Text Cleanup - v1.0, Lufia I Restored - v2.1)

Postby Swordmaster » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:00 am

vivify93 wrote:Are you sure that the extra exclamation mark isn't a VisualBoyAdvance glitch?

You know, that could very well be the case. 90% of the glitches like this are graphical, so I don't usually suspect anything when it's textual. My apologies for the mistake. ::bows:: (Remember those spaces followed by an extra period in Iris's text? I triple-checked that one to make sure it wasn't a glitch. I should have done the same here.)

Ok, maybe I can finally finish this. lol

Why would she need us to kill herself? Not even counting the missing comma. At any rate, it should be "Then, Seena gathered us to kill her...?"

lol, a little late here... I just realized that "Learning Point" isn't pluralized as it should be. Probably can't fix that one, though. (Or isn't worth it.)

What's over Seena? I don't see anything... (Commas can be your friend!)

Image Image Image Image
Probably not important, but "fortune-teller" and "fortune-telling" are hyphenated words. There may be more instances of this, but these are all I've recorded.

Same as above. "Magic-user" is a hyphenated word. (AD&D, anyone?)

Image Image
These are probably ok. It's just... the tense isn't quite right. There's even more, but I didn't record them because they sort of work. Whoever wrote the English dialogue really likes to use "will" over "would", even when "would" is the correct tense.

Not really an error. As far as I know, this is the only occurrence of something like this. I don't know if anything can even be done, but usually when a character sighs like this, there is a way to show it was an action rather than a spoken word. For example: *sigh*, (sigh), ::sigh::, <sigh>

Uh... wind and air are the same thing, Deckard. I wonder what the Japanese dialogue said here? I know that "kaze" is wind. Playing around with Google Translate, my guess is that... instead of air, they probably meant "sky"?

Yurist forgot his question mark again... ka. ...tabun. ...tasukete~! <Swordmaster has been sacked due to silliness. The rest of this post shall be written by a moose trained to mix concrete and sign complicated insurance forms.>

It's spreading... Now it is Randolph who forgot his question mark.

There's this one again. "Far away"

Rudo too? Omitting question marks must be some new trend or something.

Image Image Image
Did Milka mean to say Wain instead of Artea? It seemed like that little elf dude was implying that Artea was dead or something. And if he wasn't dead... where was he? You'd think he would be in the game at some point. At any rate, probably not an error.

"Don't" shouldn't be capitalized here.

I'm glad you feel calm, but I will not accept your death. Easiest fix would be, "I feel calm, and I accept my death." But that may not be possible, or even worth the effort.

You forgot his name, didn't you? It's Rudo, Wain. Rudo. Also, "that's" probably shouldn't be capitalized here.

What? I'm not going to kill you or any "youngsters". Have you gone senile, Grandma? lol, I have no idea what to suggest here.

And with that, I am done! My apologies for taking so long. I am 100% sure I missed some text, but nobody's perfect. It was a pleasure to serve you, vivify93-sama. ::bows:: My talents, however meager, are always at your disposal should you request them.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:09 pm

I fixed up what I could. Thank you. :) I guess we're done then! I alerted Rainponcho about the Zalbak in the Tower of Twilight error, and he says he's going to look into it. So v1.1 will be a ways off yet, I suppose.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Swordmaster
Soldier

Postby Swordmaster » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:33 pm

There's one more thing I keep forgetting to bring up. The fight with Iris was way easier than I was expecting, and I defeated her so quickly that I only saw a fraction of her moveset. I didn't even know she had a different graphic after so many rounds. I watched a YouTube video showing her defeat by a solo Wain, and was able to see more of her moves. What I'm getting at is that one of those moves was called, "Final Gurdian". I was wondering if you knew about this, and if not, would there even be enough space to add that missing "a"?

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:22 pm

I believe I've fixed Final Gurdian. (And NoblBlood.) Thanks though. :)

Edit - v1.1 has been submitted.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Re: Lufia I & III Patches (Lufia III Text Cleanup - v1.1, Lufia I Restored - v2.1)

Postby vivify93 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:57 pm

v1.1 of Lufia: TLR Text Cleanup is up. Should be the final version. :)

Swordmaster
Soldier

Re: Lufia I & III Patches (Lufia III Text Cleanup - v1.1, Lufia I Restored - v2.1)

Postby Swordmaster » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:32 am

Thanks for all your hard work, vivify93. I just picked up the v1.1 from RHDN. Strange that the platform is listed as "GB" instead of "GBC", but I guess it doesn't matter.

By the way, thanks for the credit. =)

Oh, one more thing -- I played through your Lufia I Restored, and now Lufia III Text Cleanup. Can you recommend a similar patch for Lufia II?

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:47 am

Artemis' Frue Lufia is great for Lufia II, it's in the Lufia-Patches sticky topic.

Swordmaster
Soldier

Postby Swordmaster » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:46 pm

Thank you for the recommendation. I am really enjoying it. I wonder if Artemis-sama is aware of the few errors I've found so far. I'm such a grammar-nazi... ::ashamed:: lol

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:05 pm

Just (finally) checked the old folder and it's screenshots of what I've already reported in my old 2009 post.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:24 pm

Pics or it didn't happen.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:44 am

It looks like my claims of the Lufia III patch being finished was exaggerated. Rainponcho just contacted me with a patch that 100% fixes every imperfection left over by the small dialogue boxes patch, and also provided me with a text insertion tool so I can fix up item descriptions the rest of the way. Things are looking up indeed! v1.5 was just submitted to RHDN. I can't think of anything else this game might need aside from fixing up those extremely minor grammatical errors that I didn't, and still don't, want to bother with. :P

Swordmaster
Soldier

Postby Swordmaster » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:12 am

Aw, nuts... I will have missed out on the perfect Lufia III experience. Whelp... guess I have something to look forward to next playthrough! =)

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Re: Lufia I & III Patches (Lufia III Text Cleanup - v1.5, Lufia I Restored - v2.1)

Postby vivify93 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:11 am

At least it wasn't anything major! Just some very minor typos in the inventory descriptions, and some minor errors in the small boxes patch. (Now Zalbak doesn't overlap the dialogue box anymore! :) )

Axel
Red Jelly

Re: Lufia I & III Patches (Lufia III Text Cleanup - v1.5, Lufia I Restored - v2.1)

Postby Axel » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:51 am

Woohoo! I haven't played Lufia I in years, but this nifty patch makes it seem like it would be worth it to go through it again.

One teeny tiny thing, though. Do you have a version that doesn't change the walking/boat/airship speed? I know it's weird, but I actually like the slow walking speed. I tried to edit the game myself by comparing a patched version vs a non patched version, but I can't seem to figure out which hex value to edit (or, rather, editing the the values I see have changed has no effect).

Doesn't really matter if you don't or can't do it. Just wanted to congratulate you on the awesome and dedicated work.

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”