Dekar and Artea

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Must reiterate for the sake of reiteration.

Guy is sexy. <3

Dekar looks like a white haired Kamina in a lab coat and a stereotypical '80s collar.

Shame, because I thought Dekar was sexy and Guy was "meh"-worthy in Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:28 pm

I thought Guy looked better than Dekar in Rise of The Sinistrals (but Dekar looks cooler)

Rise of the Sinistrals
1. Guy
2. Maxim
3. Artea
4. Dekar
5. Lexis

The Lands cursed by the Gods
1. Maxim
2. Dekar
3. Artea
4. Guy
5. Lexis

Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals

~ OUT NOW! 2010

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:38 pm

Lets see, how about a list for the girls.

Lufia II, Rise of the Sinistrals:

1. Erim
2. Selan
3. Tia

Estpolis: The Land Cursed by the Gods

1. Selan
2. Tia
3. Erim

Though even though their positions shifted, I still like a balance of the trilogy of women in the game. If you know what I mean.

.......__.................__..........
...../..(_\............./..(_\.........
.....|___|.............|___|..........
.......______________..............
.......\....________...../............
.........\./...............\./............
...........\_________\/.............
Last edited by DarkMaster2101 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:55 am

The stupid grin doesnt suit maxim. But it sure as hell looks great on Dekar. I like his design. Its gives off a "this guy thinks he's slick but he kinda looks stupid too", which is precisely what dekar is about.

As for guy... well... he sucked in the original but had great artwork, and now he just sucks overall.

And as for Artea... havent seen enough of him yet. Still neutral on the matter.

But damnit I want to see the Sinistrals!

Kitt
Red Jelly

Postby Kitt » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:48 am

Is it just me, or is there a subtle Final Fantasy VIII influence on these designs?

Maxim: with the leather jacket/t-shirt combo and choppy hair, he strikes a resemblance to Squall

Selan: the expression, the upper part of the outfit...kinda reminds me of Quistis (this was mentioned on another board)

Tia: the reddish hair, the giggly expression.... I'm seeing Selphie.

Dekar: the long coat, the cocky grin, sort of like Irvine

Guy: He looks like Ward, although a closer lookalike would be FFX's Wakka.

Really, you can see the stereotypes in these designs. Maxim and Selan are the typical main hero and main heroine (and they look like brother and sister). Tia's the cute female sidekick. Guy will likely be the big dumb bonehead (guess they deemed his old persona to be too subtle for this). His design suits Dekar's character, really. And the new Dekar looks like the cocky type, possibly the party flirt. But he doesn't look like the musclehead I know and love, and I don't see a weapon in the picture -- just some gauntlet-type things on his hands, which means he could be the game's martial artist.

Hell, Tia doesn't look like a shopkeeper anymore, more like a silly, naive girl just tagging along.

Sure, things are bound to change in a remake, but they would've done well to leave these characters' their trademarks. There's too much of a Square-Enix influence on all this, and it's not a nice touch. It seems to me like they were desperate to change everything. Seriously, Dekar with pink hair? Someone stop the bleeding.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:06 am

As long as I don't see ADHD Tidus or Emo kid Cloud as Lexis, then I'm okay with it.

I know, we all miss the shiny armor, and SE virtually butchered up the character artwork. However I still think this game deserves a chance in the US.

Hopefully, Estpolis II (or Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) won't have to suffer through familiar SE character design.

I LOVE the art style of the game. Its bright and colorful with a hint of realistic shading. Its just the character design is just... Stale.

We've seen these characters before Nomura, but you know the japs are into this type of character design.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:34 pm

subtle FF8 influences? Selan is practically quistis' bluehaired twin sister (damn, now thats a nice fantasy).

But yeah, I'll give it a chance. it's Lufia afterall. But still... it's also square enix D:

Hoa Dao
Villager

Postby Hoa Dao » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:47 pm

Haha, yeah, Yusuke Naora is responsible for some of SE's stuff. ^^; But I don't hate his designs XD;;

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”