(The Legend Returns) Alum Blade? O.o

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

apocalis20
Villager

(The Legend Returns) Alum Blade? O.o

Postby apocalis20 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:16 pm

So I was in the Garland Gang's Hideout, making my way through its levels when I receive an item called the Alum Blade from a random fight. I try it out and, goodness me, it gave an unbelievable +480 ATP bonus! O.o

I wasn't sure if this was a kind of bug or not, so I checked through the Lufia 3 Shrine and checked the weapons list: it ain't there. And I think dealing 300+ damage at level 15 is kind of out of place for such a place as the Garland Gang's Hideout or even the upper floors of the Tower of Death, so i ask you guys, have you encountered this item before? Is it a bug or something?

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:54 pm

The Alum Blade -- or Alumina Blade -- is a really rare drop. I know it can be found as early as fighting a skeleton-type enemy, though it's really rare.

By the way, if you're playing TLR on an emulator, you may wish to apply my Lufia: TLR text fix patch. The majority of the dialogue hasn't been changed, but both of the game's fonts look much nicer and the item names are expanded a bit. /shameless self plug
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

apocalis20
Villager

Postby apocalis20 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:47 pm

xD actually, it's okay, I actually like seeing those typos XD

especially that FRUE thing XD

'nyways, thanks for the explanation~

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:33 pm

yeah, I found one too. Its a bit absurd how you can find a weapon of such devastating strength so early on in the game.

Hell, if you bested Gades before, the character equipped with the Gades Bracelet (or whatever he dropped) and that sword is virtually indestructable for well over a third of the game :/

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:36 pm

Quoted from Eantquox from this topic: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessa ... c=47174126

the reason you can get it so early in the game is you're supposed to get the sword in the Ancient Cave, and zombies are on like floors 25-50 or some such nonsense, and the low drop rate combined with such a large encountering of zombies gives you a decent chance of finding it. Or just spend a long time farming.

But grats ^^
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”