(The Ruins of Lore) Waaaait..the Sinistrals made them? O.o

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

apocalis20
Villager

(The Ruins of Lore) Waaaait..the Sinistrals made them? O.o

Postby apocalis20 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:15 pm

The introduction starts with this text:

"The legendary battle over the fate of the world has drawn to a close...Although on Doom Island victory had been claimed over the forces of evil, it was not without the effort of the valiant heroes and the power of the ancient treasures of the gods."

The Sinistrals were the gods, right? So they made the weapons and the artifacts able to kill them? O.o

Well, the Dual Blade wasn't made by the humans(i think), but..isn't the idea just..well..stupid? XD There's no point in making weapons fit only for killing the ones who made them.

So there. I was just a bit curious ^^"
Because holding a floating crystal ball is awesome.
-----

B-but I kill red jellies o.o....

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:32 pm

Gods doesn't have to mean Sinistrals.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

apocalis20
Villager

Postby apocalis20 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:51 pm

^^" i guess, but as far as i know, the only gods who existed were..Sinistrals? And before it was godless xD

oh well, I'll try to go through RoL for the story, I'm getting mildly interested ^^"

-----

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:21 pm

The old man in narvick explains something about the treasures in lufia 2 I think. And Arek says something about how the pearl armor (though he refers to the entire outfit) is perfect for someone who wishes to wield the dual blade. So there's 3 options in my mind

1) the (past) sinistrals made the armor so that when they are able to wield the Dual Blade they become stronger
2) the good guys of the past made the armor for the exact same reason
3) Arek the Absolute (or whoever is the Neutral god) made the armor for whoever will be capable of wielding the dual blade. As a sign of true ownership maybe?

apocalis20
Villager

Postby apocalis20 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:58 pm

Volt wrote:3) Arek the Absolute (or whoever is the Neutral god) made the armor for whoever will be capable of wielding the dual blade. As a sign of true ownership maybe?

Now that you mention it, I'd go with this theory. I guess Arek was that neutral so as to give the person chosen by the Dual Blade the armor and the equipment to vanquish his enemies.

-----

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:42 pm

apocalis20 wrote:i guess, but as far as i know, the only gods who existed were..Sinistrals? And before it was godless xD

The people in Narvick worshipped another gods different from the Sinistrals. It's not said who made the equipment, but it is said that these god sealed them in the towers.

What happened to these gods isn't known, but it's stated several times by citizens of Narvick that these gods were different than the Sinistrals.

In fact, the difference between the prior gods who are stated to be not evil and the Sinistrals is a major point at the end of the game because some people of Narvick are wondering why evil gods appeared, but no good ones as well.

The question is finally answered by Daos who states just before the final fights that only the evil gods appeared because it was ordained by Arek.

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:07 pm

yeah, and before I thought this made Arek evil. But giving it some thought.... I think the Sinistrals were Arek's way of "testing" mankind. To see if they were ready to survive without superbeings (as Iris/erim says near the end).

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:59 pm

Lufia RoL also mentions that other villages worship (or used to worship) gods.

Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”