Funny things

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Re: Funny things

Postby SinReVi » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:08 pm

- In Lufia DS, Natsume changed the spell names into names like Fire1, Fire2 etc, but in early screenshots they used names close to the Japanese names. (Legi and Ria) (and though the fire spell didn't look like the Japanese name, it was named Flame)

- Though Natsume changed the japanese names of the spells, Idura mentions "Le Gio" in his first fight (in voice acting), and there's a Gais Sword, the "gais" part being from the ガ・イス spell.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:52 pm

- In the Japanese version of Lufia DS, Guy has an attack called Blast Storm. This name was changed in the NA version (Hurricane Hammer? need to check), however Guy still yells "Blast Storm!" when you use the attack. (need to use the lv3 version to hear the voice acting?)

- Two of the six screenshots that are on the back of the German Lufia II box are... Dutch. =P
Both of them are battle screenshots that were used in the Dutch strategy guide.
You can tell from the EP and RK on the screenshots, they're the Dutch terms used in Lufia II for HP and IP. (EP being "energiepunten" (energy points) and RK being "raaskracht" (fury power))

- The NA Official Lufia II Guide claims that you can't defeat Gades in the Gordovan Tower.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sat May 05, 2012 9:13 pm

- In the English version of Lufia DS, at the intro of Ice Mist mountain, Maxim copies Iris's text, when she says she agrees with Dekar when he says Iris is always the optimist. (in the Japanese version Maxim didn't. To me it seems Maxim is having one of his "let's go into the dungeon" talks again.)

- Here is an example of Iris mentioning a spell by name. (Sley)

And here's a mention of Swing.

- In the Japanese version of Lufia DS, Idura uses even more "Ha"'s when laughing like "Ha ha ha ha ha"in his dialogue. (or other sounds than "ha", sometimes he laughs like fufufufu for example.)
(Natsume probably removed some of his laughing to make more space for his actual dialogues.) The above photo shows a case of where Idura doesn't even go"Mwahahaha" at all in the English version, while Idura in the Japanese version goes all "Hihihihi! Hihihihahahhahaha!"

- Maxim just says "the entire region" in the NA version, but in the japanese version he specifically mentions the Leecliff region.
While in Parcelyte Iris said that if Gades's waves explode it will take out a large part of this country (Parcelyte).
Therefore, exploding Gades means that Logos (region with Parcelyte in it) and Leecliff (region with Elcid) would be destroyed. Or at least parts of Logos, since Gades is still closer to Leecliff than Parcelyte.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Tue May 08, 2012 7:26 pm

Here's some trivia for you.

In Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals, Maxim cannot use any Fire magic (Fire IP attacks are different). In Curse of the Sinistrals, Maxim's element is Fire. Go figure.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:08 pm

The "one year skip" from Lufia II (and Lufia DS) is actually closer to two years than 1 year, if you go by the script of the Japanese version. In the scene before Idura kidnaps Jeros, Maxim says it's been a half year (since Jeros was born)
So that's 1 month from Gades' death to Maxim's wedding, then one whole year from the season scenes, then another half year after Jeros is born. (and I guess the time between the winter scene and when Jeros gets born counts too, depending on if Jeros was born somewhere in winter, or if he was born in spring)

So together that's at least 1 year and 7 months!

~ OUT NOW! 2010

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:24 pm

- If I have to believe google translate, in the Japanese version Raile was trying to give Jerin a potion that makes your chest grow, not a potion that makes your hair grow.

This one is confirmed (by fuyu)

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Postby Shade-Duelist » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:43 am

SinReVi wrote:- In Lufia DS, Alex's clothes look very similar to Dekar's clothes. He looks a bit like a mini Dekar to me =P
(Also, Dekar and Alex's clothes are a different style than the clothes of the other people in Bound Kingdom. (the style of the clothes of Leon, Josef and the Bound Kingdom army)
Makes me think that Dekar wanted to wear his own style of clothes instead of Bound Kingdom clothes. And then Alex imitated Dekar, because he looks up to him.)

- In Lufia 2, if you talk to one of the people in the throne room in Bound (I think it's the queen) she says that Prince Alex, from a very young age, looked up to Dekar and wanted to be just as strong as him. So maybe it makes sense for Prince Alex to dress similar to Dekar in Lufia DS...

- On a related note: in Lufia 2, Prince Alex is clearly a teenager or young adult judging by his sprite... but I guess, to better suit his rashness, they made him younger in Lufia DS.

- In the German version of the game, many towns, cities and kingdoms have different names:
  • Elcid -> Taia
  • Sundletan -> Tarika
  • Alunze -> Lunaria
  • Parcelyte ->Pandoria
  • Merix -> Minias
  • Bound Kingdom -> Königreich Rusalka
  • Aleyn -> Alea
  • Gruberik -> Gruberia (ha ha, changing one letter...)
  • Karlloon -> Kumarbi
  • Treadool -> Kythos
  • Dankirk -> Danubia
  • Ferim -> Arturia
  • Treble -> Triesta
  • Eserikto -> Elfenhain
  • Barnan -> Baleara
  • Durale -> Durinea
  • Chaed -> Chadda
  • Preamarl -> Aquatoria
  • Gratze -> Taru
  • Narvick -> Kirvan
  • Shuman -> Dasch
  • Strahda -> Ischt
  • Kamirno -> Inschel
  • Doom Island -> Todesinsel
  • Arus -> Alsa
  • Forfeit Island -> Schicksalinsel
Last edited by Shade-Duelist on Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Strongest Duelist in the world! *cue music*

The second thing I'm best at is writing! Hah, check it out!

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:01 am

- In Ruins of Lore, if you talk to the dude selling Guy's autobiography while Dekar is in your team, he will make a comment about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k07h6jX4vOI

- In a proto version of Lufia II, Selan and Tia never followed Maxim to the Ancient Tower. instead, Maxim tells Dekar and Guy to go hurry up and go to Parcelyte. From what I understand, in Parcelyte Selan gets mad that Maxim went off on his own
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-VrSQT ... g&index=41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkD0yGD ... g&index=42

- In that same prototype, Iris is shown with blue hair instead of green hair.

- Also from the prototype. In the scene where Hans gives Princess Jerit the green rock from the tower... they were using a bomb as a placeholder sprite =P
https://youtu.be/PRvu1Rh0Pko

- You were also able to play as other characters than Maxim inside dungeons, but only Maxim can use all skill items. (and if you play as characters other than Maxim it might mess up the game when triggering scenes)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiZnixj1A3A

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Postby Shade-Duelist » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:52 pm

SinReVi wrote:- In Ruins of Lore, if you talk to the dude selling Guy's autobiography while Dekar is in your team, he will make a comment about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k07h6jX4vOI

:lol: Oh my god! That is hilarious!

- (still Lufia 2) In the English version, Dekar is the one that mentions the life force of unmarried young women during the events in Narcysus; in the German version, however, Guy mentions it, and Dekar just agrees with him.

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Postby Shade-Duelist » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:46 am

I have another funny thing I have noticed before, and I have to share...
- Near the end of Lufia 2, during the reappearance of Dekar and after the heroes have gone back into the lab, leaving Dekar alone to deal with the monsters, he walks onto the bridge, some of the monsters approach him, and he says 'I think I've forgotten how to miss. I'll just have to take care of the ones that want to go first!'. And after he says that, the monsters all retreat from him.

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Postby Shade-Duelist » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:16 am

Another funny thing I just noticed...
- In the intro, in the part where you see the red ball of light fly over the world, it flies over Tanbel and then heads over to Parcelyte. Since Gordovan lies close to Tanbel, you can see it as the red ball of light flies in that area... and Gordovan already looks destroyed.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:55 am

https://youtu.be/imms0Yud4T8
In Lufia DS you can sell the Legendary Sword instead of bringing it to the president.
("You SOLD it?!" "Were we not supposed to do that? I kinda had a feeling that was the wrong thing to do.")

This will also change all comments by the NPCs in Parcelyte.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:33 pm

Dekar the Great, the creator of Lufia V, thought the slotmachine sprite was a stove... so there are kitchens with slotmachines in his fangame =P
(on the right is Lufia Forgotten World, another fangame, which also has a slotmachine in a kitchen =P)

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Postby Shade-Duelist » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:55 am

vivify93 wrote:- Whenever someone teleports, Swing (Warp) is mentioned.

Suddenly the Lufia I item 'Swing Wing' makes more sense. I always wondered...

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:19 pm

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/980073-l ... s/69302337
-The Ancient Cave in Lufia DS isn't actually randomly generated. Instead there are a lot of preset layouts for the Ancient Cave.

-In Lufia The Ruins of Lore right after you defeat the Master, everyone at the entrance is surprised that Eldin has reached the final floor and tell him he's the first hunter to finish the cave.
However, they forget all about it the moment you step out of the door. Next time you enter everyone is back to "pfff nobody has ever made it to the last floor,you'll never make it!" again.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”