The Legendary Gestalt Medals

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

The Legendary Gestalt Medals

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:25 am

Alright, I know that this is a fan works topic, however I think it's time to bite into the forbidden fruit of gaming.

Achievements...

That's right, the same mother sexual intercourse achievements to measure your e penis so you can brag online.

...Or not. You see, I have another idea.

This is a Gestalt Medal.

In the world of Lufia, the gods watch mortals from the skies. When they see a mortal demonstrate the almost impossible, then the gods show the mortal gratitude by awarding Gestalt Medals.

To the average Lufian, Gestalt Medals are meaningless jewelry and trophies. However, to those who witness the story they can collect Gestalt Medals and exchange the medals for hidden extras. Concept artwork, developer diaries, mini-games, the first episode of the Lufia: The Legend Returns OVA, hidden songs to copy to your SD card (well, that one's a little far fetched).

At the moment I have five medals planned. More specifically, four medals and a ticket: Battle, Exploration, Collection, Story, and Friend tickets.

Battle Medals are awarded for feats executed in combat ranging from mastering exploits and magic to eliminating a boss without taking damage. Battle Medals are red like in the example shown.
Exploration Medals are awarded for exploring the world like discovering a secret area or when one solves a puzzle within seconds or without resets. Exploration medals are blue.
Collection Medals are awarded for collecting, spending, or even destroying specific items in the world. Collection medals are green.
Story medals are awarded based on the satisfaction of the story. Many story medals are awarded when multiple endings of a story is told. Story medals are yellow.
Friend Tickets are unique. Friend Tickets are awarded for random reasons, but tickets are worthless by the selves. You must to send the ticket to a friend. Then both you and your friend are awarded with a Friend Medal. Keep in mind you can only send one ticket per friend, but you can receive as many tickets from however many friends you have. Friend Medals are white and can substitute for any color of medal when purchasing extra content.

And that's it. Yes, I know it's a rip-off of Metroid Prime Trilogy's achievement system but I don't care.

Actually, I'm a bit stumped on naming medals. I'll ask you to see if you can suggest medals of your own.

Whether you care or not, I'm looking forward to your suggestions.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Re: The Legendary Gestalt Medals

Postby vivify93 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:40 am

Ooh, it looks pretty! I like this idea. It'd be a fun way to get extra stuff.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”